NBA adopting ads on jerseys

sportsfan

As you all know the NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has said Ads on NBA jerseys inevitable.

Does this mean that NBA jerseys are going to be like how the NBADL the NBA's minor league their own jerseys designs which includes the sponsor's name on the bottom of the jersey across it

WIll the NBA have their jerseys designed with similar to how the NBADL jerseys place their ads on the bottom of the jerseys or will the NBA have their jerseys have the sponsor's name on the top like how some WNBA (the NBA's women counterpart) place their sponsor's name on the top and Most MLS teams.

What are your opinion on the NBA soon to be adopting ads on jerseys?

Would you ever buy an NBA jersey of your favorite team with a Jersey sponsor?

Would you tolerate ads on NBA jerseys?

What is your opinion of the NBA Commissioner Adam Silver saying that Ads on NBA jerseys inevitable

you can tell your own opinion on ads on NBA jerseys in the comments section in this thread.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They said the ad would be a 2x2 square patch on the shoulder, where the NBA logo used to be.

I, personally, will never buy a jersey with ads unless it's a patch that I can seam-rip. I won't ever buy a soccer jersey and if the NBA goes that route, I will never buy another NBA jersey either.

They said the ad would be a 2x2 square patch on the shoulder, where the NBA logo used to be.

I, personally, will never buy a jersey with ads unless it's a patch that I can seam-rip. I won't ever buy a soccer jersey and if the NBA goes that route, I will never buy another NBA jersey either.

Well I prefer the sponsor's ad on the NBA jersey be on the bottom of the NBA jersey rather than on the that spot where the NBA logo used to be.

Well I prefer the sponsor's ad on the NBA jersey be on the bottom of the NBA jersey rather than on the that spot where the NBA logo used to be.
and where did you get that information where they said the ad would be a 2x2 square patch on the shoulder where the NBA logo used to be TaylorMade?

and where did you get that information where they said the ad would be a 2x2 square patch on the shoulder where the NBA logo used to be TaylorMade?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48130/coming-soon-ads-on-nba-jerseys

I'm not sure if the NBA going to place their ads on where the NBA logo used to be on there. They could place the sponsor's name on the bottom of the jersey like how the NBADL and sometimes the WNBA do it.

"a small 2-inch-by-2-inch sponsorship patch stitched on the shoulder of your favorite player's game jersey."

Honestly I would prefer to have the sponsor's name on the bottom of the jersey not a 2x2 sponsorship patch on the NBA jersey because well I would prefer this way.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48130/coming-soon-ads-on-nba-jerseys

Said article is from about 3 years ago. But what about any recent information? Believe it when you see it. They've been saying this for many years now.

^ +1. This news I have been seeing coming for a while now. Even so, I'm adamantly against ANY ads on sports jerseys in any North American sports league. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: It's a jersey, NOT a billboard!

UBwef0L.png

Woah looks like opposition to ads on NBA jerseys is rabid on this thread.

Why would anyone be in support of such a horrible thing?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Woah looks like opposition to ads on NBA jerseys is rabid on this thread.

Why would anyone be in support of such a horrible thing?
No I'm not in support of this ads on NBA Jerseys I'm indifferent about ads on NBA jerseys and I would tolerate NBA teams having their player jerseys with ads on them but I prefer them to have sponsor ads on the bottom of the NBA player jerseys as I said before in the comments section.

I think if it's done right and NOT replacing the team wordmark or showing up below the numbers then I am fine with it.

Or why not just kill two birds with one stone (or really ugly jersey) and designate one a sleeved jersey as a sponsorship jersey and let them do whatever they want to do it. Just leave the regular jerseys alone. I could live with that.

I think if it's done right and NOT replacing the team wordmark or showing up below the numbers then I am fine with it.

Or why not just kill two birds with one stone (or really ugly jersey) and designate one a sleeved jersey as a sponsorship jersey and let them do whatever they want to do it. Just leave the regular jerseys alone. I could live with that.

I agree with you Josh.o I Agree ads on NBA jerseys should have the sponsor's name on the bottom and sponsor's on NBA jerseys done right.

Well atleast some one positive and fine about ads on NBA jerseys.

Idea so crazy, it might work: Hornets get Jordan to be a sponsor. Yes, this is going against the league's Adidas only rules, but if they want to go for the cash grab, this could be a serious thought, at the right price.

Oh, the other teams? Well, y'all are on your own.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Idea so crazy, it might work: Hornets get Jordan to be a sponsor. Yes, this is going against the league's Adidas only rules, but if they want to go for the cash grab, this could be a serious thought, at the right price.

Oh, the other teams? Well, y'all are on your own.

Well no I don't want Jordan to be the sponsor of the Hornets I Prefer a company whenever it's local or a sponsor of that team's arena from some other city.

As you all know the NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has said Ads on NBA jerseys inevitable.

Does this mean that NBA jerseys are going to be like how the NBADL the NBA's minor league their own jerseys designs which includes the sponsor's name on the bottom of the jersey across it

WIll the NBA have their jerseys designed with similar to how the NBADL jerseys place their ads on the bottom of the jerseys or will the NBA have their jerseys have the sponsor's name on the top like how some WNBA (the NBA's women counterpart) place their sponsor's name on the top and Most MLS teams.

What are your opinion on the NBA soon to be adopting ads on jerseys?

Would you ever buy an NBA jersey of your favorite team with a Jersey sponsor?

Would you tolerate ads on NBA jerseys?

What is your opinion of the NBA Commissioner Adam Silver saying that Ads on NBA jerseys inevitable

you can tell your own opinion on ads on NBA jerseys in the comments section in this thread.

Adam, if you want to do a focus group, convene a focus group. Pseudonymous posts here aren't an effective substitute.

For the nba to make the most money, the ad has to go on the shoulder. Sponsors are going to want max exposure. So everytime there's a close up, there's the ad. I doubt any other shoe company will be allowed to be a sponsor.

No the sponsor name should go across on the bottom of the players jersey.

Archived