NBA adopting ads on jerseys

sportsfan

For the nba to make the most money, the ad has to go on the shoulder. Sponsors are going to want max exposure. So everytime there's a close up, there's the ad. I doubt any other shoe company will be allowed to be a sponsor.

No the sponsor name should go across on the bottom of the players jersey.

As stated by many posters in this thread, having the ad on the bottom of the jerseys like the NBADL would be ugly.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the nba to make the most money, the ad has to go on the shoulder. Sponsors are going to want max exposure. So everytime there's a close up, there's the ad. I doubt any other shoe company will be allowed to be a sponsor.

As stated by many posters in this thread, having the ad on the bottom of the jerseys like the NBADL would be ugly.
No it would it

No it would it

How is this:

ads-knicks-d-league-jerseys.jpg?w=249

Less uglier then a 2x2 patch.

No it would it

How is this:

Actually I would be fine if the NBA teams retain their home or road team name jersey and or road city or home city name jersey with the ad on the bottom of the jerseys.

No it would it

How is this:

Actually I would be fine if the NBA teams retain their home or road team name jersey and or road city or home city name jersey with the ad on the bottom of the jerseys.
This is one of the few uniforms with ads that are done really well!!
shado_logo.gif

No it would it
How is this:ads-knicks-d-league-jerseys.jpg?w=249

This is one of the few uniforms with ads that are done really well!!

Yeah I have to agree but I am fine with the NBA jerseys having the corporate sponsor's name on the bottom and either the team name or city name on the Home or Road jerseys on the top of the jerseys.

I'm glad we're dedicating an entire thread for OP to post his thoughts.

thanks thejblee for this I've thought about this on this day and thanks for saying "I'm glad we're dedicating an entire thread for OP to post his thoughts". I glad too thejbee.

thanks thejbee for this I've thought about this on this day and thanks for saying "I'm glad we're dedicating an entire thread for OP to post his thoughts". I glad too thejbee.

I'm glad you've "thought about this on this day"

Also, I'm thoroughly impressed by your 105 posts during your first 3 days on this forum. Keep up the great work man!!!!

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

thanks thejbee for this I've thought about this on this day and thanks for saying "I'm glad we're dedicating an entire thread for OP to post his thoughts". I glad too thejbee.

I'm glad you've "thought about this on this day"

Also, I'm thoroughly impressed by your 105 posts during your first 3 days on this forum. Keep up the great work man!!!!

Thank you thejblee thank you for admiring for the many posts i've have been posting since i became a member. UPDATE: thejblee i have added you to my friends section.

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

The small patches are not obtrustive at all in my opinion, and ill grant you minor, to the jersey as a whole. And the NBA ads would only be on one side, and smaller than the ads on the NBA jersey.

See, the AHL and (picked the year because of the size) it isnt bad at all

toronto_marlies_2007-08_front.jpg

On a related note, if the ad is on the jersey on the court, then I want it on my jersey for correctness. I want my jersey to match what is on the field.court/ice

Also, before jersey ads, the NBA should consider putting ads on the court, like they do in the NHL

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

The small patches are not obtrustive at all in my opinion, and ill grant you minor, to the jersey as a whole. And the NBA ads would only be on one side, and smaller than the ads on the NBA jersey.

On a related note, if the ad is on the jersey on the court, then I want it on my jersey for correctness. I want my jersey to match what is on the field.court/ice

Also, before jersey ads, the NBA should consider putting ads on the court, like they do in the NHL

Yeah they should place ads on NBA courts. Okay ad patches being placed on jerseys isn't that bad but I still prefer the sponsor name on the bottom across.

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

I watch the CFL more so than the NFL and I found myself to be one of the few who doesnt mind the ads on the jerseys. It also helps that they all are on a white background, same size and on both sides on the jersey. It may still be subtle but I do know that the last few sponsors for Argos have been Rona, Nissan and Sunlife Finacial - and I believe McDonalds has been Marlies sponsor for many years now - although I never have seen them actually associate themselves with the team, not even a McDonalds in the Ricoh Colosseum.

Lmfao, all y'all are gonna make me max out my daily like quota for the 3rd straight day. This is a great comic relief thread.

no this is not a comic relief thread this is serious thread.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

I watch the CFL more so than the NFL and I found myself to be one of the few who doesnt mind the ads on the jerseys. It also helps that they all are on a white background, same size and on both sides on the jersey. It may still be subtle but I do know that the last few sponsors for Argos have been Rona, Nissan and Sunlife Finacial - and I believe McDonalds has been Marlies sponsor for many years now - although I never have seen them actually associate themselves with the team, not even a McDonalds in the Ricoh Colosseum.

Lmfao, all y'all are gonna make me max out my daily like quota for the 3rd straight day. This is a great comic relief thread.

Let me guess you're being sarcastic.

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

Let me guess you're being sarcastic 1clkgtramg.

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

Let me guess you're being sarcastic 1clkgtramg.

No it would it

How is this:

Thanasis Antetokounmpo having the time of his life in an ad at the bottom of his jersey!

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I watch CFL and AFL

image.jpg

I had to go back to the old jerseys, because i wanted to specifically find one with the McDonalds. Since then, the jersey sponsor has been RONA and Scotiabank, which it is currentl. McDonals just was a better size.

I dont know how i feel about both sides. I do understand your point about balance, it just leaves less room for creativity on front(see the steelers for example, with the logo on front wouldnt be possible with two ads)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I had to go back to the old jerseys, because i wanted to specifically find one with the McDonalds. Since then, the jersey sponsor has been RONA and Scotiabank, which it is currentl. McDonals just was a better size.

I dont know how i feel about both sides. I do understand your point about balance, it just leaves less room for creativity on front(see the steelers for example, with the logo on front wouldnt be possible with two ads)

ah, thats makes more sense, but now that I think about it, I have seen Scotiabank a few times - still don't believe theres a Scotiabank in Ricoh Collosium haha.

Yea Steelers and Jets would have issues having 2 ads, but then again you could just have one on the other side. But since we are talking about the CFL, there are no CFL teams that have logos on the front - which I hope they never do as I really can't stand them - but if they do, my previous statement remains.

Archived