Best MLB road grey jerseys

MNtwins3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Indians' current road jersey. Such a classy uniform, if only they built a set around that.

Aside from that, I like Oakland's, as well as Pittsburgh's, Toronto's, and the Mets'.

Andrew+McCutchen+Neil+Walker+Pittsburgh+

David+Wright+New+York+Mets+v+Colorado+Ro

Lonnie+Chisenhall+Carlos+Santana+basebal

Jose+Reyes+Toronto+Blue+Jays+v+Baltimore

Oakland+Athletics.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm very biased, but the White Sox road set from 1992-2010 was the best road set ever, IMO. I loved the thick white striping and how gray is actually a team color instead of just the base road color. All team colors were featured prominently. The script is great and the sleeve patch was great. Just a really nice looking jersey. Unfortunately, they stupidly swapped out the diamond sock patch for the primary logo, and then a few years later completely stopped trying and switched to single piping pants just because. We're probably a year away from them completely saying ":censored: it" and just going to a crappy Giants-alt-style road with the primary logo on the chest.

Top 3 current road sets:

Oakland - despite the road hat. Them wearing the home cap full-time would make this the perfect road jersey

Toronto - IMO, the only truly great update/revert where they didn't mess up what worked originally

Mets - Just incredible. So good to have this look back

Atlanta - like the A's, this look would be greatly improved by wearing the home cap for all games

Dodgers - Los Angeles version only, although the sleeve patch detracts from the look

Pittsburgh - solid but uninspiring

Yankees - same as Pittsburg. I think the white outlines add a lot to the look

Almost great, but seriously flawed:

Baltimore - they still haven't fixed the script to match the home jersey. The letters are angled too sharply.

Kansas City - it was better before they thinned out the script

Tigers - lose the white outline

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My Cardinals look good when they wear red caps with their road jersey.

stl_13_grayredhat_1_675x3801.jpg

I'll take it with the navy hat.

Grey and red look really good together. St. Louis and Oakland get my vote.

130722141704-eric-sogard-single-image-cu7660580342_13d2c22680_o.jpg

before the dumb change to the road hat.

Looks good.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

So many nice jerseys. More gray less softball!

For me, two stand out currently: Toronto and Oakland. I have always loved Oakland's (since they went traditional in the late 80s). Something about how the green and yellow sit on the gray I guess. And Toronto nailed it. Boston a close 3rd.

For past jerseys:

• Pre "Baltimore" Orioles. My philosophy dictates that I must support "Baltimore" but I really, really liked most road iterations in the 1990s. The below photo shows the black-on-orange wordmark, which I slightly prefer over the reverse.
  • 85-90 Padres. Love the colors and think the brown and orange looks great on the gray. OK, even if they'd kept the colors the uniform would be changed now but just about anything brown/orange would be great on gray

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm very biased, but the White Sox road set from 1992-2010 was the best road set ever, IMO. I loved the thick white striping and how gray is actually a team color instead of just the base road color. All team colors were featured prominently. The script is great and the sleeve patch was great. Just a really nice looking jersey. Unfortunately, they stupidly swapped out the diamond sock patch for the primary logo, and then a few years later completely stopped trying and switched to single piping pants just because.

As unlikely as it may seem... +1 to all of this.

I think my love of the old Bulls road script led me to these becoming my not-so-guilty pleasure years later. But this jersey was the best for me and hasn't been replaced... although some of the solid options posted here have my eyes straying. The old Sox road was perfect IMO. (And then there's the Cubs gray... n/m.)

I'm very biased, but the White Sox road set from 1992-2010 was the best road set ever, IMO. I loved the thick white striping and how gray is actually a team color instead of just the base road color. All team colors were featured prominently. The script is great and the sleeve patch was great. Just a really nice looking jersey. Unfortunately, they stupidly swapped out the diamond sock patch for the primary logo, and then a few years later completely stopped trying and switched to single piping pants just because.

As unlikely as it may seem... +1 to all of this.

I think my love of the old Bulls road script led me to these becoming my not-so-guilty pleasure years later. But this jersey was the best for me and hasn't been replaced... although some of the solid options posted here have my eyes straying. The old Sox road was perfect IMO. (And then there's the Cubs gray... n/m.)

I think the Cubs bringing back the early Banks-era road set would be great. It's the best road look they've ever had, and it would be one of the best road sets in baseball. Seriously, bring that back, either bring back one of the old cub head logos or make a decent new one, make a blue alternate jersey with the primary logo on it and the Cubs are one of the best dressed teams in baseball. Now, they look good at home most of the time, and either bad or horrible the rest.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived