Best MLB road grey jerseys

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks good, but all through the playoffs I'd see that jersey and wish it was a little thicker. The letters are too whispy for my tastes.

It was thicker a few years ago. They changed to a great Kansas City wordmark in 2006, but in 2012 they switched from that wordmark to a thinner one which matched the little-used script.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-27%20at%208.32.0$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

That was a huge downgrade. The Orioles messed up their first Baltimore script by making the the last two letters too small, causing it to look like the angle was too sharp. So they tried to fix it by just tilting the script, and it's still messed up. Anyway, they had an actual problem with the script which they tried to address. I have NO idea why the Royals messed with theirs.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm very biased, but the White Sox road set from 1992-2010 was the best road set ever, IMO. I loved the thick white striping and how gray is actually a team color instead of just the base road color. All team colors were featured prominently. The script is great and the sleeve patch was great. Just a really nice looking jersey. Unfortunately, they stupidly swapped out the diamond sock patch for the primary logo, and then a few years later completely stopped trying and switched to single piping pants just because.

As unlikely as it may seem... +1 to all of this.

I think my love of the old Bulls road script led me to these becoming my not-so-guilty pleasure years later. But this jersey was the best for me and hasn't been replaced... although some of the solid options posted here have my eyes straying. The old Sox road was perfect IMO. (And then there's the Cubs gray... n/m.)

I think the Cubs bringing back the early Banks-era road set would be great. It's the best road look they've ever had, and it would be one of the best road sets in baseball. Seriously, bring that back, either bring back one of the old cub head logos ore make a decent new one, make a blue alternate jersey with the primary logo on it and the Cubs are one of the best dressed teams in baseball. Now, they look good at home most of the time, and either bad or horrible the rest.

Agree with all of this as well. Would love to see it.

Giants.jpg

I think the interlocked "SF" is superior to the wordmark they currently use on their away jerseys.

It looks good, but all through the playoffs I'd see that jersey and wish it was a little thicker. The letters are too whispy for my tastes.

It was thicker a few years ago. They changed to a great Kansas City wordmark in 2006, but in 2012 they switched from that wordmark to a thinner one which matched the little-used script.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-27%20at%208.32.0$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

That was a huge downgrade. The Orioles messed up their first Baltimore script by making the the last two letters too small, causing it to look like the angle was too sharp. So they tried to fix it by just tilting the script, and it's still messed up. Anyway, they had an actual problem with the script which they tried to address. I have NO idea why the Royals messed with theirs.

I dig KC's uniforms but the wordmark is lacking. I'd like to see an interlocked "KC".

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I think the interlocked "SF" is superior to the wordmark they currently use on their away jerseys.

I dig KC's uniforms but the wordmark is lacking. I'd like to see an interlocked "KC".

Hat logos are fine for hats (and they've both got good hat logos), but the road jerseys are for expanding the identity. Putting the cap logo on the jersey is half-assed and looks like a Majestic fashion jersey circa 1995.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Braves? I think I'll pass.

Justin_Upton_Braves_vs_Rangers_Sept_2014

The "tl" in the script looks awful, and the script/tomahawk with triple-piping is ridiculously cluttered. Not to mention the all-navy cap.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I would buy an Orioles grey jersey so fast if it didn't involve also wearing the road hat to match. Don't get me wrong, I own and love my road hat, but it's my second favourite hat to the home one with the white front panel

You do know, you don't play for the baltimore orioles and can wear whatever hat you want with the gray jersey? I'm pretty sure no one would give you crap for wearing the white paneled hat with the road jersey (even though I myself like their road hat better). So if that's the only reason stopping you from getting a orioles gray jersey, then thats pretty silly.

Also I agree with the phillies late 80s gray and burgundy road uniform, definitely underrated.

The "tl" in the script looks awful, and the script/tomahawk with triple-piping is ridiculously cluttered. Not to mention the all-navy cap.

This pic isn't the best, the aaaaaa looks bad. I hat the cap too, but I thought this thread was just about the tops?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I have never liked this uniform or any other uniform they have had the past 20 years. The piping is too much and I'm not a fan of the script either.

Why do the Braves insist on using that God Awful blue cap and plain blue alternate (looks like a generic rec league jersey and not from a good rec league), when they have a superior and far better looking uniform combination for the road.

john-smoltz-braves-tri.jpg

I would buy an Orioles grey jersey so fast if it didn't involve also wearing the road hat to match. Don't get me wrong, I own and love my road hat, but it's my second favourite hat to the home one with the white front panel

You do know, you don't play for the baltimore orioles and can wear whatever hat you want with the gray jersey? I'm pretty sure no one would give you crap for wearing the white paneled hat with the road jersey (even though I myself like their road hat better). So if that's the only reason stopping you from getting a orioles gray jersey, then thats pretty silly.

Also I agree with the phillies late 80s gray and burgundy road uniform, definitely underrated.

Except myself, because I like having things go where the belong, such as a white hat with the white jersey and the black hat with the grey jersey. THat said, ill probably still get the grey once i want to spend the money on it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Not a huge fan of road greys in general, but the Expos' will always be my all-time favorite:

I3kFxsz.jpg

Another good one was the White Sox roads before they ruined the striping:

Other favorites:

VJ6v7hp.jpg

VhujldM.jpg

these are all pretty good. These Giants ones are way better than the current road grays. :notworthy: at the Miami Marlins road gray picture being unavailable.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived