mbannon92

I decided to take a shot at some of the expected uniform changes in the NBA for the 2015-16 season. First up is the Hawks...

I decided to run with the red/volt/charcoal color scheme that's been reported. The uniforms are sort of a mix of eras. I kept the current wordmarks and numbers, sans beveling. The unis feature the diagonal stripe/wordmark on the chest from the 80s, a straight stripe down the player's left side a la the early 90s set, and the updated Pacman logo on the right leg that was feature on both of the above. The left side of the shorts feature a vertically stacked "ATL", with "HAWKS" on the charcoal alternate, reminiscent of several different sets the Hawks wore.

I tried out a full charcoal court, which has also been rumored. Not sure how I feel about it, so let me know what you think.

And no, I will NOT do a volt uniform.

LsB5ypE.png?1

Yfwjjuh.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the volt, those uniforms would be a substantial upgrade for the Hawks. Hope the real deal is something very close to that.

I'll pass on the charcoal court tho, hope they go with a more traditional color wood. If they want to be unique, I hope they do something original but not too over the top. The Pelicans are a good example of how you can make a unique court work without being too gaudy.

If they do go with a charcoal court, I get the feeling that their home uniform won't be white.

90758391980.gif

I know it's their rumoured colour scheme, so there's not a whole lot you can do about that, but I think the Hawks classic yellow would make that uniform look so much better. Either way, I think you did a great job on the uniform. I like the idea of having "ATL" on the side panel of the pant, as opposed to the jersey.

1425175351-U10338.png

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I'll get a little more C&C on the Hawks then move on to the next team.

To respond to some points:

- I'll look into a non-charcoal court, just for comparison's sake.

- "ATL" is way too short to go on the front of a jersey, IMO, so I'm sticking with "Hawks" on the primaries and "Atlanta" on the road. The "ATL" on the home and road shorts, as SG89 said, is a much better solution.

- I agree that the classic red/yellow/white scheme looks great, but with the Rockets likely returning to that scheme as well, I like the volt and charcoal for the Hawks. They have a precedent with black, and it'll probably help them get some well-deserved attention with the great team they have.

It is certainly different, but I do like the updates of the 80's set and the 90's-'07 color scheme. The only suggestions I'd make would be to swap the "Hawks" and "Atlanta" wordmarks on the road and alternate and to make the side stripe merge with the diagonal front stripe (a little curve is fine in the general design of the set). I even find myself liking the charcoal court, which I didn't think I would (although a traditional wood alternate would be nice, just for comparison). Well done, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the league!

Dayum, these are nice. Love how you kept the 80's design and used their color scheme of today, loving the court too. Honestly I'm tired of seeing the same lame ass hardwood on these courts, time for teams to take a custom blacktop approach in making their courts stand out

Are you gonna do any other NBA concpets. The ATL was perfect

Yes, I already have some done but I've been too busy to post. I'll probably go back to the Hawks and switch the wordmarks on the road and alt and update the court...you can tell by my rendering that the lights would reflect too much. Then I'll move to the next team.

The Hawks court is updated in the OP. I moved the charcoal stain to the outside of the court, making the court a light wood. The lanes and Pacman are now red to balance out the color.

And next up are the Sixers. This is a full rebrand, which I started last summer and picked back up when I decided to do this series. The primary logo is similar--the "76ers" wordmark in front of a white basketball--but with tweaks. I changed the perspective of the basketball to be symmetrical and more 3-dimensional, added "Philadelphia" into the logo (not tacked on the bottom), and the wordmark has been changed. The 7 and 6 are now offset, alluding to the logos from the black and gold era. The secondary is the "76" in a ring of 13 stars, while the tertiary is a "76" in front of the star, also alluding to the logo linked above. The wordmarks are in Clearface black, matching the font of "ers" and the team's current court.

The uniforms are a nod to the team's classic 80s look with a few new wrinkles. Red returns as the primary road look to differentiate from the Pistons. The red and blue are darkened to more closely match the 80s look, and the exact colors used are those of the American flag. :flagusa: The R/W/B trim returns, but in a more modern cut on the jerseys, and so does the R/W/B waistband. The jerseys feature a half ring of stars under the wordmark, circling the front number, and the shorts have the 76-in-star logo on each side.

The court is pretty simple--blue around the outside, red lanes, primary logo at midcourt, "Philadelphia" on each baseline.

Kk0fqJ3.png?2sqO2io0.png?1

JOxpjQn.png?1

Nice update with the Hawks court.

76ers looks great. I like the classic yet modern look of it. Did a great job of incorporating the star logo from the black and gold era.

Why PHILA instead of PHILLY on the alternate jersey?

JeKhnr9.png

Archived