mbannon92

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, your work on the Sixers is outstanding! I guess it's the best concept for them I've seen. I love how you placed the stars on the jerseys. It fits the Sixers pretty well.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

76ers are incredible. .but why no outlines on Sixers/Phila wordmarks?? Outlines on the numbers rock though! !

I left the wordmarks strokeless primarily to match the stars and number outlines, which I think makes for a clean look. The type in the logos is also strokeless, so it creates consistency there as well.

76ers are incredible. .but why no outlines on Sixers/Phila wordmarks?? Outlines on the numbers rock though! !

I left the wordmarks strokeless primarily to match the stars and number outlines, which I think makes for a clean look. The type in the logos is also strokeless, so it creates consistency there as well.

Makes sense. thanks for answering.
shado_logo.gif

I like what you've done with the Sixers, especially expanding the use of the Clearface font onto the logos, uniforms (the stars surrounding the numbers are also an exquisite touch on the uniforms), and court. My only real gripe with the set is the "modern" collar and arm trip that just stops before completing the loop, but that's really just a minor nitpick. Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching the Rockets-Thunder game yesterday and realized that I really like the shorts design on the Thunder's otherwise disappointing pride uniforms. So I went ahead and made a full uniform set based off them (even though there's no rumors of a change in the near future). I extended the shorts design up the sides of the jersey, which helps a lot IMO. I also removed yellow as a trim color, put the number between "Oklahoma" and "City" on the road jersey, and created a new alternate. It's still navy blue, but features the new striping and the "OKC" from the logo on the chest. Let me know what you think!

HimcB8C.png?1

Well, I don't know if viewers from the press box can see the number and name on the alternate. Maybe white numbers with red-orange outer trim and strong blue (the lighter blue) inner trim instead? Anyway, the entire OKC set looks good. If the team will not change their logo but only their uniforms, this should be considered.

Well, I don't know if viewers from the press box can see the number and name on the alternate. Maybe white numbers with red-orange outer trim and strong blue (the lighter blue) inner trim instead? Anyway, the entire OKC set looks good. If the team will not change their logo but only their uniforms, this should be considered.

YES!

I have to disagree with y'all on the alternate...I think the strong blue contrast plenty with the navy, especially with the red-orange trim. I also wanted to leave white off that set so the strong blue and red-orange could really pop off the navy.

Nice template. Where did you get that, mbannon92?

I took tbdaniel's template (which you can find here) and made some modifications to it and created the shorts from scratch.

Any other thoughts?

Nice work. I agree, I like that you didn't use white on the alternate. But did you try using the red-orange for the wordmark and numbers and the light blue as the trim? I'm not sure if that would necessarily look better but it was he first thing that came to mind. I'm not crazy about that particular OKC wordmark on the alternate. The perspective just seems odd on a uniform. I wonder if you could make the numbers match the perspective of the wordmark? That may or may not look completely silly but it's just another idea.

I will say it's amazing how much cleaner OKC could look without both red-orange and yellow.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived