New York Rangers crossover with New York Americans

Slajd

Welcome to the boards Slajd...Among sweaters I know I'll never see in action, the NY Americans are among my all time favorites. Flat out turning IMO the best of their flag jerseys and the white/red that followed into Rangers threads...at best, I'm iffy about that. Given the Rangers are known for emphasizing blue, you could've at least altered the white jersey so it wasn't so red heavy. Personally though, this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth, given that the Rangers were one of the reasons the Americans struggled and eventually folded, if not the main reason.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull๐Ÿคฌ

I have three criticisms with this

1) On the home, I'd make the white part a little wider so that the number can fit inside it. Right now, the top of the number is cut off by the red, so it makes it hard to read.

2) The stars on the backs of the jerseys need to go so that you can put nameplates back there.

3) I agree with putting more blue on the away jersey. I don't know how I'd do that, but you have talent to do that

That said, these concepts are very well-done. Good job.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On the top jersey, I'd make the "RANGERS" text a little narrower, possibly so that it fit within the first set of seams in the sides. This way, you're not going to lose parts of the word under the arms when the jersey is actually being worn by players. Otherwise, it might look like they're playing for the New York "ANGER".

Also on that jersey, I agree with the other folks who have said that something needs to be done about the back number. You could widen the white stripe so the whole number fits in it, or you could add a white outline to the existing number to set it off against the stripes.

On the bottom jersey, I also agree with the other folks about the need for more blue. If this was a straight-up Americans throwback, I wouldn't feel the same way, but since you're blending it with the Rangers' identity, and blue is a hallmark of the Rangers, then I feel like some more blue is needed. I'd definitely like to see the stripes down the arm become predominantly blue, as well as the big stripe at the hem. You could also go with blue numbers or blue stars, but maybe not both.

Re: the stars on the back on both jerseys โ€” if this is meant to be a one-off jersey or a vintage alternate worn only a few times a season, I don't think there's a need to get rid of the stars and add a nameplate. But if they're meant to be full-time jerseys, then yeah, a nameplate would be needed.

Also on that jersey, I agree with the other folks who have said that something needs to be done about the back number. You could widen the white stripe so the whole number fits in it, or you could add a white outline to the existing number to set it off against the stripes.

Or you could go the soccer route and have an empty white box inside which the numbers fit. In other words, the back stripes surrounding the numbers don't go all the way around the back of the jersey.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I have three criticisms with this

1) On the home, I'd make the white part a little wider so that the number can fit inside it. Right now, the top of the number is cut off by the red, so it makes it hard to read.

2) The stars on the backs of the jerseys need to go so that you can put nameplates back there.

3) I agree with putting more blue on the away jersey. I don't know how I'd do that, but you have talent to do that

That said, these concepts are very well-done. Good job.

With the number im not so happy with the result and its one think that I will fix. But with the nameplate I dont want any nameplats on this jersey itยดs a retro jersey.

Welcome to the boards,Slajd! *shakes hand*

1.I like you avatar,it looks amazing.

2.This is a great concept.I like the uniform having the flag,and everything else is perfected into perfection.

Thanks :) imma big Beatles fan and wanted a Beatles avatar and I found this one, a little mount rushmore style on it.

On the top jersey, I'd make the "RANGERS" text a little narrower, possibly so that it fit within the first set of seams in the sides. This way, you're not going to lose parts of the word under the arms when the jersey is actually being worn by players. Otherwise, it might look like they're playing for the New York "ANGER".

On the bottom jersey, I also agree with the other folks about the need for more blue. If this was a straight-up Americans throwback, I wouldn't feel the same way, but since you're blending it with the Rangers' identity, and blue is a hallmark of the Rangers, then I feel like some more blue is needed. I'd definitely like to see the stripes down the arm become predominantly blue, as well as the big stripe at the hem. You could also go with blue numbers or blue stars, but maybe not both.

Re: the stars on the back on both jerseys โ€” if this is meant to be a one-off jersey or a vintage alternate worn only a few times a season, I don't think there's a need to get rid of the stars and add a nameplate. But if they're meant to be full-time jerseys, then yeah, a nameplate would be needed.

Youยดre right with the RANGERS its needs to be more narrower. With the away jersey it could go with some blue on the away but I want it to look like the original New York Americans jersey.

Americans08.png

Archived