U. of North Dakota nickname - Have they announced one yet?

stumpygremlin

Random historic logo is different from beloved logo that plenty of people would be keen to steal the trademark on. Same goes for Illinois' Chief logo.  Still sold online for similar reasons.

Basically the schools want to keep control.  They also want to make some money.  It's not entirely noble...

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question for you guys who know more about the process of logo design than I do. UND signed the contract with SME yesterday, and in its public statement said work will begin immediately and be concluded by the end of May. Is that a typical timeline? Seems fast to me.

For reference, here's the Grand Forks Herald story on the contract

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, chriscj83 said:

I'm pretty excited, to be honest. I'm looking forward to the new logo, new gear, everything. 

Plus I can finally update my signature. 

I'm excited to see them, too, but I'm trying to set my expectations on low. I'm not optimistic for anything earth-shattering with a name like Fighting Hawks. 

Honestly, I'm just hoping it doesn't suck. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm excited to see them, too, but I'm trying to set my expectations on low. I'm not optimistic for anything earth-shattering with a name like Fighting Hawks. 

Honestly, I'm just hoping it doesn't suck. 

I agree with you, hoping it doesn't suck. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Boy, that's a lot of committees that went into this. For some reason, I feel like that doesn't bode well.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Ew. They should have kept the interlocking ND. This is too modern.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yikes, that's not good. Also, what the hell is this AJ Pierzynski story all about?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived