stumpygremlin

U. of North Dakota nickname - Have they announced one yet?

Random historic logo is different from beloved logo that plenty of people would be keen to steal the trademark on. Same goes for Illinois' Chief logo.  Still sold online for similar reasons.

Basically the schools want to keep control.  They also want to make some money.  It's not entirely noble...

Serious question for you guys who know more about the process of logo design than I do. UND signed the contract with SME yesterday, and in its public statement said work will begin immediately and be concluded by the end of May. Is that a typical timeline? Seems fast to me.

For reference, here's the Grand Forks Herald story on the contract

The University of North Dakota on Wednesday morning will unveil its new Fighting Hawks logo during an event on campus at 11 a.m. Central. The logo and wordmark will be unveiled then. 

It looks like there will be a livestream at Undsports.com

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

... to be over.

I'm pretty excited, to be honest. I'm looking forward to the new logo, new gear, everything. 

Plus I can finally update my signature. 

40 minutes ago, chriscj83 said:

I'm pretty excited, to be honest. I'm looking forward to the new logo, new gear, everything. 

Plus I can finally update my signature. 

I'm excited to see them, too, but I'm trying to set my expectations on low. I'm not optimistic for anything earth-shattering with a name like Fighting Hawks. 

Honestly, I'm just hoping it doesn't suck. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm excited to see them, too, but I'm trying to set my expectations on low. I'm not optimistic for anything earth-shattering with a name like Fighting Hawks. 

Honestly, I'm just hoping it doesn't suck. 

I agree with you, hoping it doesn't suck. 

Likewise and likewise on the low expectations. Hate the new name so I'm just hoping the logo won't be generic, boring garbage to match.

Boy, that's a lot of committees that went into this. For some reason, I feel like that doesn't bode well.

I figured it would be bad, but this is way worse than I ever imagined.  Not 1 redeeming quality at all.  Pure trash.

Ew. They should have kept the interlocking ND. This is too modern.

Yikes, that's not good. Also, what the hell is this AJ Pierzynski story all about?

I like it in a vacuum, but not sure how it will translate on to uniforms, helmets (do they have football), etc. We'll see.