NFL by BrandMooreArt

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading a blog post by you a while back, maybe it wasn't you and I'm completely wrong, but you talked about the future of football uniform design as you saw it. If memory serves me correctly you hit on both the design of the undershirt and the socks as spaces that will be used for unique designs in the future. You do a good job of using both of those spaces for design here. I can't wait to see the rest of this unfold. I made a few notes of what I really like and what I don't care for as much so far. I'll probably wait until the whole league is unveiled to make those comments. Like how you've done years of college football in the past.

Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see good design, huh?

Oakland Raiders

what is there to change about one of the best sports uniforms of all time? i made some changes to the logo though, throwing back to an older design that included a white shield. the word mark is set in Gotham, a modern font that is just better than what they're using now and could be used forever.

RFaVEdC.jpg

Dallas Cowboys

this is probably another obvious one. one silver, one blue, and the old number font. done.

nbI9B5W.jpg

New York Giants

this probably wont be a popular one but i absolutely love this old design and pretty much copy/pasted it onto the modern template. with the Patriots being red/white/blue i wanted the Giants to have something special about them and this works for me.

k0zdR9X.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Nice! Can't wait to see my Falcons. Also, Idk how I feel about a silver Vikings helmet..

i'll go ahead and ruin this for you, it's exactly the same :) the Falcons have one of my all time favorite uniforms and i wouldn't change anything about it. maybe a slightly larger logo on the helmet

I remember reading a blog post by you a while back, maybe it wasn't you and I'm completely wrong, but you talked about the future of football uniform design as you saw it. If memory serves me correctly you hit on both the design of the undershirt and the socks as spaces that will be used for unique designs in the future. You do a good job of using both of those spaces for design here. I can't wait to see the rest of this unfold. I made a few notes of what I really like and what I don't care for as much so far. I'll probably wait until the whole league is unveiled to make those comments. Like how you've done years of college football in the past.

Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see good design, huh?

yea that was something i wrote. and is something i kept in mind here. everyone has the cooling fabrics now and i thought the designs on them would get a little crazier to push them in the market place (or onto other schools/teams), but nothing really note worthy yet. i look forward to your notes and comments

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Atlanta Falcons

there is 1 small change here, an ATL mark above the numbers on the chest. and maybe a larger helmet logo, but otherwise my favorite NFL uniform stays the same.

OMaPcau.jpg

Chicago Bears

this is a good example of what i like in a traditional uniform design. no strokes around anything, just one color on the numbers, logo, gray face mask, and some fairly unique stripes. i've never really liked the Bears' number font and feel a traditional block works better for this design. i imagined how this uniform should look covered in mud and snow of Soldier Field while designing it and i think it works and has some cues from the 1940s-50s teams.

Yzou6kk.jpg

Detroit Lions

it's hard to design a new uniform for a team when they already have worn something you really love. although most of these designs are very simple, this one goes a step further. it's their throwback uniform from the 1950s i think? can't remember when exactly they were worn. the decision for a black face mask might seem odd, but i needed to do something to the helmet to separate it from the Cowboys and Raiders. also, with the gloves and shoes being black, you have this equal spacing of 3 black pieces of uniform equipment. i also did something a bit special for the Lions and gave them a nylon silver pant option, so the fabric would be shiny/metallic.

RvnyeqU.jpg

Green Bay Packers

i know, they have the same sleeve stripes as the Bears. that is something i would definitely revisit if i were to get back into this design, but for now it'll stay. you should expect gray mask for traditional teams from me at this point. it's always done to complete a vintage look but this is one example where i actually really like the aesthetic. it has the most unique collar design of any in this series and i felt because there were stripes all over this thing it was best to not do any on the socks.

DbahWDX.jpg

Minnesota Vikings

i didn't want to do a full league of simple, traditional designs. there are some teams i wanted to really take some chances with and do something completely new. this is obviously one of them. i've never liked their primary logo and had to get rid of that thing. i made an "M" inspired by old viking ship sails and applied it to the uniform as a stripe pattern. it ends up being a Northwestern stripe so i thought it worked out alright.

the helmet is a gloss, metallic silver to reference a viking's actual helmet. hopefully that doesn't make you want to throw your computer out the window, but i thought this was a good concept to go with if i were going to make some major changes. in the first post with the helmets, the face mask is purple and thats how it should have been here.

the jersey stripes are basically the logo turned sideways and wrapped around the shoulder and the pants application is simply the logo used as a stripe. for the other side, i would reflect the stripe so it doesn't look backwards.

p9hfuJQ.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Guest darkpiranha

New York Giants

this probably wont be a popular one but i absolutely love this old design and pretty much copy/pasted it onto the modern template. with the Patriots being red/white/blue i wanted the Giants to have something special about them and this works for me.

k0zdR9X.jpg

This is easily my favorite one. The Giants are perfect for the vintage treatment like this.

ETA: However, the shiny helmet seems slightly out of place. Maybe matte finish, and maybe even a leathery textured blue. I'd be curious to see a brown leather texture as well, with maybe the NY stitched into it.

I absolutely love the current vikings helmet, so pretty much any change you make I'm not gonna like, but the silver is growing on me a little. I do think it needs to be used somewhere else on the uniform, the helmet looks out of place as the only element with silver. I think the logo is a tiny bit too plain to be a primary, but it works as an alternate mark.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Carolina Panthers

i drew this logo up after the Panthers "re-freshed" theirs. that was a couple years ago and i kind of hate it now, but id rather use it than the official one. i wanted to put more black into this uniform so it doesn't look so much like the Lions or Cowboys. "keep pounding" runs down the sleeve

886tjdP.jpg

New Orleans Saints

a little color change to the logo and a new word mark. otherwise it's the throwback uniform.

C0sMqip.jpg

San Francisco 49ers

can't make myself do too much with this one.

3uJDPMp.jpg

St. Louis Rams

the main change here is the color palette which is "new blue; old gold". with the Rams playing in such a dimly lit dome and wearing dark, drab colors the games look completely lifeless. i think adding yellow and making it the home jersey would really make a difference in the look and energy of the games. plus, they're the only team with a yellow jersey and can "own" that in the NFL.

dV2CNz9.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

The Browns really isn't that bad. It's a good way to put modern elements into a classic, timeless design. The Steelers are pretty good too. I think the Ravens purple is too Bright though, and you should feature the other Maryland flag design as well instead of just the checkerboard-like one. Very good work!

fiowXOD.png

Archived