"Black for Black's Sake"/"Gray for Gray's Sake" Worst Offenders

MCM0313

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lakers are the worst for BFBS hands down in my opinion. The Celtics are definitely up there in GFGS.

When have the Lakers ever worn black on court?

The Lakers are the worst for BFBS hands down in my opinion. The Celtics are definitely up there in GFGS.

When have the Lakers ever worn black on court?

Lakers-Hollywood-Nights-Black-Uniform-3.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All of the MLB is grey for grey sake. If you don't have grey in your color scheme, you should not have a grey away uniform. Make them more colorful!

It's not GFGS if teams have been doing it for 100+ years.
I wonder why grey became the norm. Lots of teams had colored uniforms at the start before settling on grey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All of the MLB is grey for grey sake. If you don't have grey in your color scheme, you should not have a grey away uniform. Make them more colorful!

I wonder why grey became the norm. Lots of teams had colored uniforms at the start before settling on grey.

According to Wikipedia:

"Aside from the obvious need to distinguish one team from the other, conventional wisdom held that it was more difficult to properly launder uniforms while on a road trip, thus the "road grays" helped to hide accumulated soil."

I despise BFBS, but always thought the Jets were helped by it...

fdf30a8af830f564e525269bfaf484f8.jpgken_o_brien_1990_10_07.jpg

It tends to bother me the most when a team already has two colors plus white and insists on adding black or grey. Such as WVU, Florida basketball, Mets, A's, etc... When a team is just one color plus white, I'm okay with it, and sometimes really like it, as long as the black/grey is used in moderation. I'm a big fan of Duke's black alternate, but wish they would drop the black from the primary home and aways.

On side note, does anyone know the story with Butler' wearing black instead of navy? They've worn black for as long as I can remember.

If they kept wearing Chrome helmets for the 100+ years it wouldn't stop most people from calling it tachy, so what's the difference?

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

If they kept wearing Chrome helmets for the 100+ years it wouldn't stop most people from calling it tachy, so what's the difference?

Well in most people's opinions, gray road uniforms are not tacky. I know your point is hypothetical but chrome domes won't last that long. Even if they did, they would become the new norm at some point, so most would stop complaining about them.

Archived