"Black for Black's Sake"/"Gray for Gray's Sake" Worst Offenders

MCM0313

but-12-away-620x538.jpg

Butler (or any school that has navy blue as a school color) wearing black uniforms is about as BFBS as it gets.

Im pretty sure Butlers away uniforms have always been black, just a Butler thing.

Always? I'm sure not always. It probably goes back to the 90s and they haven't gotten away from it because it's coincided with the most success the program has ever had.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly the most unknown BFBS offender:

8178108.jpg

From the school's official website

Since 1888, CU-Boulder students have proudly worn the official school colors: silver and gold, symbolizing the mineral riches of Colorado.

Today, black is often used as a background color to provide greater contrast for the gold.

6uXNWAo.png

8178108.jpg

Since 1888, CU-Boulder students have proudly worn the official school colors: silver and gold, symbolizing the mineral riches of Colorado.

Today, black is often used as a background color to provide greater contrast for the gold.

They have done a ton of interesting things over the years its amazing they got back to that look

LYTXBNFFBBHEUKG.20090919214821.jpg

col-07-09-goldwhite-dustinbradford-675x3

b0c7165c884e5547c2cad9c1fe0fad05-getty-8

I could have sworn they had a grey jersey in the dot set but cant seem to find any images so guess not

20130402__03DCSFRBW.jpg

Dr093008d.jpg

col-07-09-allblack-marcpiscotty-vert-620

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Louisville wearing black isn't BFBS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8178108.jpg

That's not black for black's sake. That's black for contrast so that their uniforms aren't butt-fugly sake.

but-12-away-620x538.jpg

Butler (or any school that has navy blue as a school color) wearing black uniforms is about as BFBS as it gets.

Im pretty sure Butlers away uniforms have always been black, just a Butler thing.

Black is not a school color, and never has been one. I'd say that's BFBS.

but-12-away-620x538.jpg

Butler's identity is pretty vague. If you google their logo, you really can't tell if they use royal, cobalt , navy... and half of them have blue text underneath while the other half are black.

6uXNWAo.png

8178108.jpg

See, that's not so much an "offender," because it actually looks good. :P

8178108.jpg

See, that's not so much an "offender," because it actually looks good. :P

Although to be fair, I liked their uniforms better when they used a brighter shade of gold.

but-12-away-620x538.jpg

Butler's identity is pretty vague. If you google their logo, you really can't tell if they use royal, cobalt , navy... and half of them have blue text underneath while the other half are black.

Im surprised they havent done a logo/uniform overhaul after getting into the big east

@dcjames5

My biggest BFBS AND GFGS offender is Kentucky in both football and basketball.

usp_ncaa_football__south_carolina_at_ken

1410033949000-USATSI_8068643.jpg

The gray uniform is 100x better than the black one for football..As far as basketball, Kentucky has only wore black once and that was to honor Mr. Wildcat, Bill Keightley:

cea8bdda202d56b6dd28d420a45793d1.jpg

and gray once:

b89edf99ab71352f214693ee49c285fe.jpg

and believe me when I tell you that the fans were outraged by the gray uniform. At least the black one was to honor a legend.

Worst BFBS:

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

You do know that Louisville's official school colors are red and black, right?

Yes I do, but that is one ugly uniform.

spacer.png

My biggest BFBS AND GFGS offender is Kentucky in both football and basketball.

1410033949000-USATSI_8068643.jpg

The gray uniform is 100x better than the black one for football..As far as basketball, Kentucky has only wore black once and that was to honor Mr. Wildcat, Bill Keightley:

cea8bdda202d56b6dd28d420a45793d1.jpg

and gray once:

b89edf99ab71352f214693ee49c285fe.jpg

and believe me when I tell you that the fans were outraged by the gray uniform. At least the black one was to honor a legend.

Worst BFBS:

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

You do know that Louisville's official school colors are red and black, right?

Yes I do, but that is one ugly uniform.

Am I really the only one here who thinks Kentucky's chrome helmet (not the uniform that goes with it, just the helmet itself) is boss?

Am I really the only one here who thinks Kentucky's chrome helmet (not the uniform that goes with it, just the helmet itself) is boss?

That depends. Does "boss" mean terrible? I've had some terrible bosses. If so, then no, we all think it's boss.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That depends. Does "boss" mean terrible? I've had some terrible bosses. If so, then no, we all think it's boss.

in a vacuum this look does look good not taking into account UK history and school colors

@dcjames5

Archived