"Black for Black's Sake"/"Gray for Gray's Sake" Worst Offenders

MCM0313

Middle Tennessee has had many examples of BFBS, but this has to be by far the worst overall use of black they could have imagined:

mtsublackhelmet_zpszcmijyap.jpg

Yikes, I had no idea MTSU had gotten this BFBS look now. I already knew that they had blackout jerseys (saw them play in them about 4 and 1/2 years ago), but not black helmets. Blue and silver is a nice color combination and black is just lazy. At least make the pants AND helmet matte! I haven't been to a Blue Raiders' game in a season or two so I didn't know if they had introduced anything new.

I work for the athletic department at MTSU, and they are just adding more and more black every year. Some of the combos are just terrible.

mtsublackjersey_zps4khapbh8.jpg

mtsublackhelmet3_zpsxgjhmaei.jpg

mtsublackhelmet2_zpsxmzxdws1.jpg

mtsu_zps4lr7w6wv.png

mtsublackjersey2_zpssppcldze.jpg

The blue-over-black wouldn't be too bad if the helmet were glossy instead of matte.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think of NC State as a Red and White team with black trims. They can do the BFBS well, but this basketball uniform was AWFUL:

ncst-12-blue-away-675x380.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I think of NC State as a Red and White team with black trims. They can do the BFBS well, but this basketball uniform was AWFUL:

ncst-12-blue-away-675x380.jpg

Honestly, I don't think they even need black trim. At their best, they are a classic, simple red and white. Their NCS logo has really grown on me, although I do wish they'd make their mascot a bit more visible---I was one of the few who liked their new court design.

Archived