Sign in to follow this  
WinTheDay8

An NFL unlike anything you've ever seen. (Chargers added)

YBfNNLA.png

This is a bit more modern than most concepts I see featured, but I wanted to completely re-vamp the Broncos, and give them what would be one of the boldest looks in the NFL. Dull but intimidating primary color, vibrant, in your face numbers and accents. Pretty much the opposite of the attitude Denver went into the Playoffs with.

If there is interest, I'll mock up away uniforms and maybe do a couple other teams.

I think this is what is next in uniform design. Big, shiny, vibrantly colored numbers that pop off the uniform featured on a dull canvas.

C&C welcomed!

Thanks to DarthBrooks for the template!

It's not bad. I don't hate this as much as I though I would.

A few thoughts:

-I don't like the black outlines around the numbers.

-The fonts are inconsistent, and I don't think either fits all that well with the rest of the design

-Have you experimented with making the jersey dark blue instead of gray?

It's not bad. I don't hate this as much as I though I would.

A few thoughts:

-I don't like the black outlines around the numbers.

-The fonts are inconsistent, and I don't think either fits all that well with the rest of the design

-Have you experimented with making the jersey dark blue instead of gray?

Whoops, I was experimenting with fonts and turned off the wrong layer. That's been fixed.

I've tried dark blue but it just looked too generic. I can post it any ways if you guys want to see it.

qCFx1bp.png

Looks like a team version of the Pro Bowl uniforms.

maybe a team like the Steelers, this MAY work but for the Broncos it doesn't work at all.

Horrible! Our biggest division rival is the Oakland Raiders, their primary home color jersey is black. There is no way on gods green earth the Broncos will add a black uniform. It is like urinating on the tradition and history of our team.

The Broncos currently have one of the best uniform sets in the NFL. I don't feel this is an upgrade. Maybe if the charcol was navy, but I guess that wouldn't be much of a difference and kinda defeat your purpose.

I generally like the flat gray/black colours, but doesn't really work here.

its almost as if you work for nike. jk jk. im not a fan. heres your problem

• if the broncos were to ever change colors it would be to there old colors
  • the helmet stripe matches the revo template. what about the other helmets. keep the stripe normal
  • even if you did change the colors, the jersey is exactly like the buccs.
  • numbers are too big and don't really work with the template. they look like they were just plopped on.
  • its clear they don't want to be called the broncos because there word mark is tiny and the color blends in with every thing else

Horrible! Our biggest division rival is the Oakland Raiders, their primary home color jersey is black. There is no way on gods green earth the Broncos will add a black uniform. It is like urinating on the tradition and history of our team.

Logic make my brain go dum dum.

But in all seriousness, this could potentially somehow maybe not really work, but who knows, it's Nike.

Welcome to the boards. This is not how we do things here.

He's not new, but I agree, you don't need to act like that. Tell him what you think he should change, not just you hate it.

it's a little rude i agree but its true

As an outside of the ball park idea. Whatever. Would I want to see it made? No, but it's cool to see a different image of a team.

I appreciate all of the feedback. This seems to have generated a fair amount of interest, so I'll make it a little miniseries. Are there any teams you'd like to see totally re-imagined? I've got the Panthers and the Titans on deck.

I'll try to be constructive as I can here: changing a uniform to black (or dark gray) while almost completely ignoring the color heritage of the team and adding a few bright stripes and numbers shows me that you're not really interested in being creative. Honestly, it's lazy. You've put almost no time at all into sharing this and it shows. It's not at all visually appealing. I recommend sticking to the blue (royal or navy), orange, and white. Blue/blue/blue, blue/orange/white/, blue/orange/blue, etc. Try a few things out. Black/black/black wouldn't really even work for the Steelers or Raiders because there's just nothing to look at; it's just a sea of black and it's boring. There's no aesthetic. Also, the fonts don't match from chest to shoulders.

@turbo72577 I agree like 99%, but there is one case that it worked amazingly (and may have even inspired this design). I give you, these masterpieces...

lions-2.jpg

I'll try to be constructive as I can here: changing a uniform to black (or dark gray) while almost completely ignoring the color heritage of the team and adding a few bright stripes and numbers shows me that you're not really interested in being creative. Honestly, it's lazy. You've put almost no time at all into sharing this and it shows. It's not at all visually appealing. I recommend sticking to the blue (royal or navy), orange, and white. Blue/blue/blue, blue/orange/white/, blue/orange/blue, etc. Try a few things out. Black/black/black wouldn't really even work for the Steelers or Raiders because there's just nothing to look at; it's just a sea of black and it's boring. There's no aesthetic. Also, the fonts don't match from chest to shoulders.

Look again. I especially take offense to the following points:

" completely ignoring the color heritage of the team "

I've incorporated the current primary (orange) and the secondary from the first uniform set the Broncos ever wore: yellow. Originally, the uniform was navy, but it just looked like a mild update to what they already wore. I wanted something totally different, because that's what the Broncos do. Their uniforms have always been purposefully striking, pushing the envelope, and going against the curve.

" Black/black/black wouldn't really even work for the Steelers or Raiders because there's just nothing to look at; it's just a sea of black and it's boring. "

First, it's gray, and it's a dark gray at that not used in the NFL. Second, that was the whole point. Dull canvas with vibrant numbers and accents that make a statement.

If you don't like the concept, you're completely in your right to say so. But don't go saying I didn't spend time on this or I lack creativity just because the concept does not appeal to you.

"Also, the fonts don't match from chest to shoulders."

I fixed that issue last night. People posted the concept I had up before with the wrong layers visible. I don't know how to post images, but the link is in the first post.

Few things.

1) Historically, yes, the Broncos Raiders rivalry is a big one. Lately though?

2) Black ≠ charcoal.

3) These are concept boards. I thought there would be no way on "gods green earth" that the Cornhuskers would ever use a red helmet with a black 'N' that also featured a matte/gloss contrast, but somehow...

neb_14_alt_helmet.jpg

4) In no way, shape, or form is your criticism "constructive." By that, I mean "you don't offer any sort of fixes to the problems you see." Please come back and try again.

Is it the without flaws? No. Personally, I don't think the uniform works in it's current state. The Clemson alt works well because a Tiger is naturally black and orange (or orange and black, however you perceive). I could see this concept working well if WinTheDay tried two things: 1) opting for a VERY dark navy and all over, but used an orange stroke on the numbers while keeping them dark navy as well, and 2) keeping the numbers on the shoulders and chest in the same font. Thoughts?

EDIT: I see the numbers are consistent now, but I think you could go for a more dynamic font. You're already going for a bold look, why use a standard number font? Conrad's got a metric ton of terrific fonts you could use, I'd try one of them if I were you.