No more MLB double-knit jerseys?

johnnysama

Hmm...... I just noticed that all jerseys from MLB and Majestic, whether it be in replica or authentic form, are available in only Cool Base now? Does this mean all old double-knit jerseys are gone from MLB now? I am wondering about this...... anybody got any real confirmation about that? Thanks.

UBwef0L.png

The only team, as of 2014, that used double knit jerseys were the yankees and even some of the yankees have been wearing cool base on the road, but not at home.

EDIT 09h49

From shop.mlb.com

Product Description & Features

• by Majestic Athletic

The classic Authentic On-Field jersey is designed with all the rigors of on-field use in mind. When you wear this jersey, you can trust that you are wearing the same design worn by the pros. From the durable double-knit fabric and authentic MLB decoration down to the detail of the authentic locker tag, you are wearing the original.

• Front authentic decoration
  • MLB Authentic Collection woven locker tag
  • Sleeve patches (where applicable) and embroidery
  • Center back neck MLB silhouetted batter patch
  • 100% polyester double-knit
  • Made in the USA
  • Authentic full back player twill decoration
  • Size Chart:
    • 40 = M

44 = L

48 = XL

52 = XXL

56 = 3XL

60 = 4XL

Country of Origin: United States
that is for the yankees jersey http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32267116&cp=1452360.1452525.709992

And for my Orioles

• by Majestic Athletic

The jersey has evolved. Today's athletes want cool, technical lightweight jerseys for mid-summer games. Majestic answered their call with the Authentic On-Field Cool Base jersey. By taking advantage of Cool Base moisture-wicking, you can now stay comfortable as the temperatures outside rise. Just like the Big Leaguers.

• Front authentic decoration
  • MLB Authentic Collection Performance Apparel transfer locker tag
  • Sleeve patches (where applicable) and embroidery
  • Center back neck MLB silhouetted batter patch
  • Cool Base side seam label
  • 100% polyester moisture wicking performance mesh
  • 82/18 nylon/spandex stretch mesh performance gussets
  • Made in the USA

Size Chart:

40 = M

44 = L

48 = XL

52 = XXL

56 = 3XL

60 = 4XL

Country of Origin: United States http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3380441&cp=1452344.1452609.707338

So for the authentic yankees jersey at least, it is on field and double-knit for sale.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

They Jays are exclusively doubleknit because the team said at the unveiling that the players didn't like how light the COOLBASE jerseys felt. I linked it in some other thread when it came up before. It's in the MLB article.

It seems like most teams are pushing into COOLBASE-only territory now, but we won't know for sure until the season starts. About half the teams still used doubleknit in some form last season.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Right, i just ordered a Batista aut. blue jersey, no coolbase avalible.....also ordered an aut. orange Chris Davis jersey, both number 19, both play for bird teams, and Chris has switched the Adderall with Vyvanse, i got a good feeling about this, think these jerseys will bring me some much needed luck.

Archived