MLS by Wgeddes

Wgeddes122

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough. Both of you.

Make constructive comments. If you don't like the comment, rebuff the comment without flinging insults. If the comment is valid and you don't like it TAKE THE CRITICISM! And you have to fight about it, take it to PM.

If this keeps going the way it's been going the thread's going to be deleted.

VmWIn6B.png

Since I've been seeing that not many people are giving C&C when it is needed, I'll go ahead and try to throw it at you. I firstly want to say the designs you are creating are quite unique, and the presentation hopefully will get better. Let me just start off by saying that the Nike side tech. should be gone. It looks bad on your designs, and it will look much nicer if you remove them. Since they look very thick and just pop out too much, wrecking the whole jersey itself. Also I'm pretty sure you are using Nas' template so in his there is shadowing for the shorts, which you should add. Other than that, just practice and you'll see yourself get better at presentation. But since presentation isn't what we are looking at here, let me start off my giving some C&C on your designs.

Chicago: I really like the gradient in the home, I found it to look well on Chicago, except I don't know exactly why you decided to add a top blue part of the Chicago logo on the sleeves. They look silly, but overall I like that kit. Also don't add gradient to the socks As for the away I like what you were thinking with the stripes, but the sponsor looks too low, so I would add a bottom double stripe to the jersey, and higher the whole sponsor. As for the third, it looks good to me, but seems like it is from a Nike template, like the colours.

Crew: I enjoyed the two first designs, don't have anything against them. They look good. But for the third, higher that point, it looks too steep.

DC UNITED: The eagle on the away is too much, if you want to add the eagle, don't just show its tail area since it looks weird.

Dallas: The addition of the flag is smart on the third, but executed badly, firstly I think the addition of the flag on the shorts looks good, but it looks too cluttered in your jersey. If you higher the flag in the front like what you did with the back and remove the star, I think it would look much better.

Dynamo: Got to say, love both the home and away, you did very well. But it shows how the Nike tech. wrecks the look.

LAFC: I think you did well with this. I personally don't like the colours, but you can't do anything about it. Love the Froze addition, except I feel like you over design your jerseys sometimes. Which is always good, but sometimes that isn't the greatest in soccer jerseys. Take out the snowflake in the back. It never looks good to add something behind the numbers. Probably try to add a pattern of snowflakes instead.

Galaxy: Love everything about the home, well done.

Montreal: I'm not a fan of any of the jerseys, I think what Adidas has done with them is great, and it's hard to make it look better.

New England: I like what you did. I like the third a lot.

Red Bull: The idea behind the home jersey is awesome, while the away, take out the bulls they look very odd there.

NYC: The home shows again why the Nike tech. wrecks your designs. The away is good, except for the colouration for the logo, which is bad. Finally the third needs the city starting from the logo and badge and going up.

Orlando: I don't think the designs are bad, but I'm just not into them. But I do like how you manipulated the sponsor on the away. Smart.

Union: Once again, you have some nice ideas and thoughts like adding a snake, but you just can't execute it well they all turn out wired or cluttered. The snake needs to be placed somewhere else. You can still add it to make the design look awesome, but it just doesn't look in place. Try to use objects and images, like this snake as patterns or watermarks, because that's how they will look great. Take a look at the Real Madrid Dragon. Or the Eagle on Benfica 2013 jersey. Look at how the designers use the animals well into their jerseys.

Timbers: See above for the third, you did the same weird mistake. Placing objects in wrong places.

Rapids: Fade the mountains and they will look better on the away.

RSL: Once again look how cluttered your designs can get. Look at the third, it is much cluttered. Maybe try putting the design on the cuff of sleeves, or on the sides, or on the top shoulders, and they will look better.

Quakes: Home and away look too cluttered. Too many circles.

Sounders: Too cluttered for the third. That will not look great on the pitch.

Sporting: Once again you are cluttering the designs, the home and away and third look great. But the home ribbon should only be on the front, stop adding too many designs on the back.

Toronto: As a guy who was born in Toronto, I like what you did with the away and third, but the home. Stop using those middle designs. You can use them once or twice in jerseys, but not always. They don't look that great.

Vancouver: I'm sorry but what Adidas has done with Vancouver, is just stunning and I don't think anyone will recreate such an awesome design. The third just looks weird scarp the design as a whole.

All Star: It seems pretty great.

Atlanta: Not a fan of the middle thing going on with it, in the away.

Hopefully you will take this C&C into consideration, since I wrote a lot, and it took a good amount of my time. Just want to help in making your designs better.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Thanks the car geek for all the C&C

the template is mine, I don't think that the vents wreck it because they are realistic all jersies now are going to have some form of vents on the sides it part of the design of the uniform

I think middle design such as stripes and stuff are some of the best designs

I love all the effort and time you took, but could you maybe word your comments a little better. (I'm not mad, I just have differing opinions like you)

Its kinda hard to not take anything personal when you say "Don't do and do this..." like you are telling me i have to do something

Dallas- if i raise the blue then it looks weird cutting across the collarbones and so close to the collar

Frozen- the snowflake on the back is sublimated and a pattern i think would be over designed and cluttered

Montreal- the home is about the same as what they have and adidas really hasn't done anything for them the away and third are just solid colors with no design

philly- the snake is sublimated and again a pattern or anything else i think would be to over designed and cluttered

Portland- everything is in the right place- the rose in the middle of the chest same level as the logo

San Jose- the circle are Q's the us of the three colors helps create that

Seattle- its a concept, I think that a tron look would be super cool and with the colors would seem like it was actually light

SKC- Lots of teams have designs on the back like SKC currently it doesn't clutter

Toronto- middle designs some of the coolest things (PSG, hamburg)

Hope you appreciate my rebuttal.

I appreciate all the info and feedback

Archived