Branding Concept For Local Youth Hockey Team(s)

philroy

This is all pretty good. A couple things, though.

• The bottom part of the beak: To me, it should be angled toward the top of the beak so they appear more aligned with each other. Right now, they look crooked.
  • The secondary: I don't have a suggestion on how to correct this, but I certainly did not think that was an SJ without the explanation.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Interesting stuff... the Secondary S needs to be a smaller St then the J, I have ideas, but will wait and see what you come up with.

The beak is awkward, but the overall bird is good. not too Philly eagles, and not too generic. I like it, just fix the beak, ala the way the Jags cleaned up the Jaguar on the re-brand.

Hi. This is a great start.

I won't say much about the bird as I think that IT is really strong already. Just some minor tweaks needed that the others already pointed out.

The SJ thing is fine by me as well. I think that there's no need to be that obvious.

I have some other concerns about the wordmark. It is way too weak and needs some outlines to get stronger and fit in the logo set. Also the L has way too much space behind it. So that should be fixed.

Also in the roundel Primary the text is unbalanced with regard to where the bird's head is placed.

Atbw

Daniel

I think this is a great rebrand. I agree with what JDP said though, I didn't realize that it was an SJ logo until I read the explanation. But I think that the parents will love it and the kids will think they're the best team in town, just from their new look. Awesome work.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Nice job. So many high school logos are just a ripoff of any & all pro sport logos. To make matters worse they will tweak them to try & make em their own which rarely turns out well. Any school that has an original logo design is miles ahead of the others IMO. What you have here would be great for the school to use as their official marks. As for C&C, I would consider extending the birds neck in the roundel to give it the effect of coming out from it which will also make the logo one rather than two separate elements as you currently have. Overall good work!

At the high schools that I am looking at, their logos are incredibly stupid ripoffs. Look up the Springside chestnut hill blue devis for instance. Or the Germantown friends tigers. They are annoyingly bady desinged.

tinysig.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I've addressed the perspective issue with the beak. Changing the angle of the lower beak also allowed the text in the roundel to be straightened out. I also tried the suggestion of altering eagle head, to tie it into the roundel better. I had tried it previously, but couldn't get it where I wanted; it seems to have worked this time around. Both versions are below.

As for the "SJ" monogram, I had a second version that made the "J" more obvious - I've included it here for comparison.

I'm still looking at the wordmarks, to try and strengthen them a bit.

Here are the jerseys:

I tried to keep things straight-forward, classic. But I also have to keep in mind what they will be able to actually create; for the most part, what they'll have access to are existing templates, and re-colours of existing templates. Completely custom designs would blow their budget. These follow the current Bruins' alternate; the numbers are the custom font that I posted above - I'm not sure if they can be used, but I'm hoping. I deliberately omitted nameplates, because they don't currently use them - they use the space for sponsor logos.

Archived