Baseball pants: which is better?

MNtwins3

Well, since we've derailed a bit...

This is where I admit I went away from pants the last couple of years (mostly due to fatness and laziness and fatness):

10479657_733132966734938_617851161426632

Also, do you always wear sleeves under your jersey? When I played, I had to have sleeves to at least my elbow. I couldn't stand playing without them. Didn't matter how hot it was, I always had a shirt with sleeves under the jersey. Wish Dri-Fit was available back then.

Nah. I always wear the UA base layer, but usually short sleeves. We start our league in late April, which in Minnesota means it might be damned chilly. (We once played while it was snowing, and we've had our opening weekend snowed out.)

EDIT: And go over those cleats with a wet cloth to shine them up a little before every game. Clean shoes will add 15 points to your BA. B)

This reminds me that I need new cleats. I'm pondering custom, which is of course totally unnecessary. Are these over the top?

grizz-cleats.png

They don't have green as a body option, and plain white didn't look right. But that green pattern bridges the gap decently.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where I admit I went away from pants the last couple of years (mostly due to fatness and laziness and fatness):

10479657_733132966734938_617851161426632

Also, do you always wear sleeves under your jersey? When I played, I had to have sleeves to at least my elbow. I couldn't stand playing without them. Didn't matter how hot it was, I always had a shirt with sleeves under the jersey. Wish Dri-Fit was available back then.

Nah. I always wear the UA base layer, but usually short sleeves. We start our league in late April, which in Minnesota means it might be damned chilly. (We once played while it was snowing, and we've had our opening weekend snowed out.)

EDIT: And go over those cleats with a wet cloth to shine them up a little before every game. Clean shoes will add 15 points to your BA. B)

This reminds me that I need new cleats. I'm pondering custom, which is of course totally unnecessary. Are these over the top?

grizz-cleats.png

Yes they're over the top but, it's softball! Everything should be over the top!

grizz-cleats.png

They don't have green as a body option, and plain white didn't look right. But that green pattern bridges the gap decently.

Over the top? Hell no. I think they're pretty damned sweet. Go for it.

BB52Big.jpg

Back to my point about high socks and the Yankees, has anyone ever pulled it off (or pulled them up as the case may be) other than Alfonso Soriano? Seems like almost all the Yankees wear their pants low. Not sure whether it's been a Steinbrennerian edict.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Back to my point about high socks and the Yankees, has anyone ever pulled it off (or pulled them up as the case may be) other than Alfonso Soriano? Seems like almost all the Yankees wear their pants low. Not sure whether it's been a Steinbrennerian edict.

The only ones I can think of are Johnny Damon, Brett Gardner and David Robertson. I think A-Roid did a few times as well.

Johnny-Damon-Yankees.jpg

Edit: As for me, I'm a high socks fan. I've always worn my pant cuff right below my kneecap. I think stirrups are great, but I prefer them with a smaller opening, although Oakland's yellow sanitaries look fantastic.

I always went with this, 4UOr1Jn.jpg because he was my favorite player (we were both from La.) That is until I saw him blow off 5 kids for autographs in Toronto. Wearing an ugly hawaiian shirt.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived