Big 12 Hockey Series (3/10 TCU Horned Frogs)

Roadrunner8ball

Hello all,
I was looking at Raysox's Inkscape hockey tutorial (great stuff by the way), and I decided to take those skills and apply it to a small series creating hockey concepts for the entire Big 12. For those who don't know, the Big 12 does not have any teames that play D1 hockey for the NCAA. I will be creating a home, away, and for some teams an alternate jersey. Per NCAA hockey the home jersey will be white, while the away will be dark. I plan on releasing 1-2 concepts a week depending on how busy I am. Thanks to Conrad for the great fonts.

Big 12 Hockey

Kansas State Wildcats

Texas Longhorns

TCU Horned Frogs

C&C is appreciated as always.

Or in my alma mater's case (RIT), they use both script and logo

20110312_RIT_AIC_MHOC_002_DH_AHA%2BQuart

Very excited about this series! I went to RIT and loved following hockey as their team photographer (I took the above photo) and now that I've graduated and moved back home to Iowa, I'm bummed I don't get to follow college hockey as much as I used to. I wish Iowa State would have a hockey team!

Typically with NCAA hockey, you use a script on the front,

Typically that's super boring though.
Yeah, I'm just super used to seeing it. It'd be kinda nice to see the Nike College Football team get their hands on a couple hockey teams, because the "Collegiate" hockey look is overdone.

That's what- She

Yeah, I'm just super used to seeing it. It'd be kinda nice to see the Nike College Football team get their hands on a couple hockey teams, because the "Collegiate" hockey look is overdone.

That would be pretty interesting. I'd dig it.

That would be pretty interesting. I'd dig it.
Like seeing Oregon hockey! Man I'm getting all excited now! Guess who might try screwing around on Photoshop tommorow due to inclement weather.

That's what- She

I can definitely tell that you're new to doing hockey. Here's a few tips:

- The striping does not go all the way to the top of the pants as Dbro has already stated.

- The striping on the socks is too high. It should be in between the knee stitching and the second lowest stitching on the socks.

- White pants tipically are a no-go for hockey especially for college hockey since it's more traditional.

- A team almost always uses a single pair of pants unless they use a different pair for an alternate.

- The stitching should end once it hits the hem striping.

- The name bar should be a bit larger than the name.

Now a few things I noticed:

- The numbers are quite large and I would suggest spacing them out a bit more since they are overlapping.

- No TV numbers.

- The striping on the arms are at different angles.

- I would swap the name bars on the jerseys. That idea just doesn't quite work with those colors.

- I would change the captain's patch to a singular flat color. The "C" with the borders make it look muddy at that size.

- No Reebok logo on the home jersey.

- Personally, I would use a script logo on this set since the logo you used does not scream athletic to me.

This series has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what you do with the remaining teams.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I can definitely tell that you're new to doing hockey. Here's a few tips:

- The striping does not go all the way to the top of the pants as Dbro has already stated.

- The striping on the socks is too high. It should be in between the knee stitching and the second lowest stitching on the socks.

- White pants tipically are a no-go for hockey especially for college hockey since it's more traditional.

- A team almost always uses a single pair of pants unless they use a different pair for an alternate.

- The stitching should end once it hits the hem striping.

- The name bar should be a bit larger than the name.

Now a few things I noticed:

- The numbers are quite large and I would suggest spacing them out a bit more since they are overlapping.

- No TV numbers.

- The striping on the arms are at different angles.

- I would swap the name bars on the jerseys. That idea just doesn't quite work with those colors.

- I would change the captain's patch to a singular flat color. The "C" with the borders make it look muddy at that size.

- No Reebok logo on the home jersey.

- Personally, I would use a script logo on this set since the logo you used does not scream athletic to me.

This series has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what you do with the remaining teams.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm just wondering, what do you mean by TV numbers? And I'll probably go back and fix up K-State after I complete my next set which should be up in the coming days. Also, I'm glad to see people are excited about this series. If you go back and look at the other concepts I did, all of them are rushed. I'm going to try to take my time and try to make the best of my ability. Thanks!

K-State fan and former hockey player here. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. A few tips:

Serpentine font for the numbers.

No colored nameplate.

More gray, less black (alternate for either would be fine) unless going for a more modern look. Tradition=light gray. Modern=dark gray and black. Black pants under any circumstance.

Deeper shade of purple.

NO WHITE PANTS.

Lower the sock stripes and sleeve stripes.

No purple numbers on purple jersey. Either white or black, depending on the route you take.

If you decide to go with script, italicized serpentine font.

No one calls them "Kansas State" anymore. Recent rebranding has shortened everything to simply "K-State"

Go Cats

And use the new, team-colored Big 12 logo. You currently have the old, uncolored logo.

K-State fan and former hockey player here. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. A few tips:

Serpentine font for the numbers.

No colored nameplate.

More gray, less black (alternate for either would be fine) unless going for a more modern look. Tradition=light gray. Modern=dark gray and black. Black pants under any circumstance.

Deeper shade of purple.

NO WHITE PANTS.

Lower the sock stripes and sleeve stripes.

No purple numbers on purple jersey. Either white or black, depending on the route you take.

If you decide to go with script, italicized serpentine font.

No one calls them "Kansas State" anymore. Recent rebranding has shortened everything to simply "K-State"

Go Cats

And use the new, team-colored Big 12 logo. You currently have the old, uncolored logo.

Thank you very much for your K State insight! I will be going back to it and fixing it up after I finish my next jersey.

Archived