Adidas Nor Cal Endurance World Championship

biscuit faces of them

I was trying to see if I could get some ms paint templates made for the cars but to no avail. (If anyone wants to let me know).also a bit of problems using inkscape

(Reason I use ms paint templates with inkscape is I find it easier) 2 weeks straight suspension work plus today equal no avail. As for decal placement had to work around contingency logos and leader lights.

not saying its an excuse but just to clarify some concerns

Your problem is you're not using vector templates. Inkscape is a vector program, not raster. Use bitmap templates in paint, not in Inkscape.
do you know anyone who can make them seeing.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to see if I could get some ms paint templates made for the cars but to no avail. (If anyone wants to let me know).also a bit of problems using inkscape

(Reason I use ms paint templates with inkscape is I find it easier) 2 weeks straight suspension work plus today equal no avail. As for decal placement had to work around contingency logos and leader lights.

Your problem is you're not using vector templates. Inkscape is a vector program, not raster. Use bitmap templates in paint, not in Inkscape.

What do you mean by "seeing"?

What do you mean by "seeing"?
sorry accidentally added an extra word

28ahpn4.jpg

First I would like to say that this is a good idea but I am looking forward to see the progress in this series. Also a few things I would like to suggest. I am also doing a auto racing series that is currently in the works and I have also found that templates were extremely hard to come by in .svg format like the one that you are using.

I would agree with raysox on the side panel placement being consistent on each car but I would also switch the side panel with the hood as most if not all GT based series uses a big side panel so the fans could see and identify the cars and their numbers

Once again I look forward to the series

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

First I would like to say that this is a good idea but I am looking forward to see the progress in this series. Also a few things I would like to suggest. I am also doing a auto racing series that is currently in the works and I have also found that templates were extremely hard to come by in .svg format like the one that you are using.

I would agree with raysox on the side panel placement being consistent on each car but I would also switch the side panel with the hood as most if not all GT based series uses a big side panel so the fans could see and identify the cars and their numbers

Once again I look forward to the series

ah I do see what you mean. Do you want me to lose the leader light too or no. Ive tried (as you can see) to draw them myself but everything I try makes it worse. And I am not using the trace bitmap feature.

28ahpn4.jpg

The leader light system is a current innovation that is spreading like wildfire so yes. Also use Andy Blackmore's Spotters Guides to help you with the placement of the Door numbers

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

The way I've been working on my NASCAR Qantas Series is that you should grab a standard side view of the car of your choice and retrace it. Then make edits to them for racing. The best template is your own - at least that's my opinion. And as I've stated many times, use a different program - it's just not working.

The way I've been working on my NASCAR Qantas Series is that you should grab a standard side view of the car of your choice and retrace it. Then make edits to them for racing. The best template is your own - at least that's my opinion. And as I've stated many times, use a different program - it's just not working.

great tip.

1. Are you going to post your series on here

2.never thought of that

28ahpn4.jpg

Now you're just being lazy. I traced a Gen6 car a few months back. I took my time, and saved it so I could open this blank template and change the base layer and get the same result. I don't know what program you're using, but would practice it more.

2q863dh.png

Hey raysox, would you mind if I used this for a possible upcoming series? Also, yes I do agree with Raysox. That really is just getting lazy.

Raysox, First off do you have that in blank

Second. This is just for now until i learn how to trace the full car not what I am going to do the whole series on. I forgot to mention that cause i was called to run an errand and had to type fast.

There is literally no reason to rush a post on a message board. Why don't you learn how to trace the car first, and THEN post the concept. People go months without updating series, you can spare a few days on this. Like I've been working on that A-League project for a month and I only started posting it this week. Listen to everyone and take some time.

You shouldn't really have to "learn" to trace the basic outline of a car. You literally just trace, it shouldn't be taxing in the slightest. Please don't rush. Just trace the cars you want, that's should be a day or two, it's not time consuming but it will make the rest of the work a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Archived