High School Football Uniform Redesigns

PD13

Hey everyone! I'm back in an effort to revive my high school thread I started a few weeks ago. All of these teams play in the Narrows League in Western WA. I'll accept C and C throughout, but I'm no professional, so some in-depth tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for checking it out, and enjoy!

XGsZwij.png

So here's number one: the Bellarmine Lions. Personally, I can't stand B Prep (my school's major rival), but it's impossible to ignore their history. With a super simple look as of now, I wanted to stick to their roots, but spice it up a bit. C and C welcome!

This is very rough. First, you need to shrink the numbers a ton, particularly vertically. What program do you use? You should probably use the proper template for the program you use.

Ok. I use pixlr.com right now, but I'm in the process of learning how to use Corel.

This is very rough. First, you need to shrink the numbers a ton, particularly vertically. What program do you use? You should probably use the proper template for the program you use.

Ok. I use pixlr.com right now, but I'm in the process of learning how to use Corel.

If you have a PC I'd recommend MS Paint. It's easy to learn and the final design will come out a lot cleaner than what you are using right now.

If you have a PC I'd recommend MS Paint. It's easy to learn and the final design will come out a lot cleaner than what you are using right now.

pixlr.com is better than MS Paint but he is just using a really bad template

JeKhnr9.png

pixlr.com is better than MS Paint but he is just using a really bad template

Yeah, my uniforms are a spare-time hobby, and the template was a quick find. I appreciate all the tips on how to fix it up, even with only one uniform up. If you could recommend a better template, that would be great! Thanks

Well my advice would be to not use the .png version of the template. I would suggest looking through the Paint Users Paradise thread for .png templates.

Thank you! I'll keep working on these, and I'll get the upgraded versions up as they come.

Still rough, but better. Like others said use a better template, one that is made for your software. Also, if you just use the fill bucket (Like on the first one) it won't look good. Just follow some of our advice and you'll be able to get better!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Still rough, but better. Like others said use a better template, one that is made for your software. Also, if you just use the fill bucket (Like on the first one) it won't look good. Just follow some of our advice and you'll be able to get better!

I've made the same mistake too so relax.it does look better than mine however

All he is doing is offering some C&C so quit telling people to relax, followed by an excuse for the OP. It's obvious people are beginners, that's the whole point of people offering real C&C. You can't expect everyone to baby people when both parties want to see improvement.

I've made the same mistake too so relax.it does look better than mine however

All he is doing is offering some C&C so quit telling people to relax, followed by an excuse for the OP. It's obvious people are beginners, that's the whole point of people offering real C&C. You can't expect everyone to baby people when both parties want to see improvement.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. I'll be working on improving these, and producing some more.

vouorkb.png

Okay, I think this one is one of my best in the original batch. The Olympia Bears have been competitive these past few years, and I think their current look is well outdated. Like Bellarmine, they have recently been trying to incorporate the Tides' Columbia blue, so I decided to give the Bears a tertiary color of their own. I think it's a great addition to a color scheme with a lot of flexibility in it's third color.

Its been said before, but your concepts will benefit greatly from a clean presentation. Before you post anymore uniforms you should at least be able to post something presentable. What I mean is, by looking at what you have, excluding the actual concept, I see a helmet where you filled the earhole for no reason, yet did not fill the helmet inside of the facemask, rough edges with white pixelation on every edge, an inside of the jersey that is white although it should probably be a darker shade of blue due to a shadow, an off center name plate, numbers that are far too large (that has been mentioned by others), off center belt on the pants, no fill behind the belt on the pants, and complete disregard of people telling you that these concepts are not ready to be shown. Learn the tool you are using first, then post the concept. This is just sloppy, and even if you spent a lot of time on this, it looks lazy and rushed. Truth hurts, but you have to learn the fundamentals before you can play the game.

Archived