Cleveland Browns Modernized

Carolingian Steamroller

I've come up with a revision for the Browns based on the new data we received this week. Essentially what I've done is focused in on the extra thin pants stripe the Browns have worn in the past (most recently with throwbacks) and use that as the basis of a new identity.

I like the idea of stripes across the chest of modern football jersey. The Seahawks have done it to a small degree but I think taken further it can successfully add color to a jersey in a way that doesn't monopolize what remains of the sleeve. Indeed, the current Browns stripes are so wide that they almost make it seem as though the Browns have cap sleeves like the Jets.

I've also borrowed from this year Oregon Ducks Rose Bowl uniforms the idea of a sleeve logo and shoulder pattern combination. Additionally I've also swiped the underhose/crew sock combination from the Bills road uniform. Somehow the orange/brown/orange striping just looks better to me and in this configuration it gets to be worn with every combo.

rwV2qeD.png

You got the helmet stripe reversed, and I think it is supposed to be thicker compared to the old helmet.

95b2itjhcrakfhbbur3qjhqeg.gif15587112015.gif

You probably need to change the orange as well.

I'm only pointing this out because you said your revision is based on the new data we received this week so you might as well be accurate.

So I've redone the orange to reflect the new style and also swapped the stripes on the helmet. In more keeping with the changes I've also increased the width of the stripes. I still think they look better above the numbers rather than through them and I'm also keeping Brownie because I just like the way he looks.

HDjIkfA.png

Keep the stripes off the sleeves. It looks funny IMO

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

Made one more revision. I took the stripes off the sleeves and added the new logo. It looks kind of odd just floating out there but the logo does lend itself well to negative space.

I also revised the alternate look to include an orange shoulder yolk. One added benefit is that the stripes on the helmet, jersey and pants all match in this iteration. axc3jcz.png

Archived