One Year Uniforms

ltjets21

On 9/17/2017 at 6:44 AM, bwburke94 said:

1993 Patriots

98820183750be3686f1d8f946ccfb549.jpg

tempAP070111017078.jpg

I'd like to see Robert Kraft bring these back or the 1994 set, although the "throwback for five years" rule might be tricky.  With silver helmets, it's definitely doable.  Maybe in 2019, as it'd be the 100th NFL anniversary, and the 25th anniversary of Kraft's first year as owner, plus that year really started the Patriots turn around.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those pants and socks are excellent. The helmet is fine. But that jersey is terrible and undercooked.

I wonder what the thought process was with this set. The Pats designed a completely new logo while coming up with a unique treatment for the pants. Yet the jersey is under-designed and amateurish, and looks like a last-minute afterthought.

59 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Those pants and socks are excellent. The helmet is fine. But that jersey is terrible and undercooked.

I wonder what the thought process was with this set. The Pats designed a completely new logo while coming up with a unique treatment for the pants. Yet the jersey is under-designed and amateurish, and looks like a last-minute afterthought.

The helmet and uniform both look like practice gear. Very plain.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:20 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

pats93.png

Totally just a personal opinion (as the arguments against this uniform from a design perspective are pretty sound), but I really like the mismatching of the elements. It may not be coherent, but I think it's a lot of fun.

It's pretty awesome to see that uni conceptualized on a modern template.  I think the pants that had the regular blue/red stripes (94-99) would actually be a better option for that uniform, though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Dny know if this was placed

Image result for brewers german uniform

This is more of a one game uniform but it was interisting

I saw the game where they were supposed to wear it. Not a bad change wish they could do it more.

I was at that game, nice bobblehead. 

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

On 9/18/2017 at 8:50 AM, BJ Sands said:

I'm the other way, those pants with that striping screams 90s. How about solid red stripe on the pants and a red facemask?

On 22/09/2017 at 2:20 PM, joekono said:

kkr5ha86ligkazgaebwg8ssjx.gif.6ac69cf43fd00740128026200f4749fa.gifis1scl749lfi2dtl89718ytbs.gif.11c0bedc1c2b5d54d0a5fbd53f58c598.gif

These were 3-season jerseys, the Ted Stepien era. On a sidenote, you should read up on the Stepien-era Cavs if you never have, 'cause those are some of the most insanely bad teams I've ever heard of, and there's some good stories to be found there. (My favourite: the halftime show that consisted of a fat guy eating beer cans.)

• 3 months later...

ppbEWJ8.jpg

Just saw this doing a search for a possible uniform idea. Were the double yellow numbers only for this season? I don't ever remember them wearing these. This was the 1987 John Hancock Sun Bowl . . . in the snow.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/26/2018 at 9:40 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

Nike came out with a new set for Miami in 2014. They switched to Adidas in 2015.

miami-unis.jpg

The Adidas set that came out in 2015 lasted a season and a half before they rolled out their 80's inspired set that they still have now.

USATSI_8784610.jpg

I liked the idea of that adidas set. My biggest issue with it was they tried to mimic the Nike numbers and the stripes looked like tinfoil. Going to their current look was their better option.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

171c79ff8634c0fa0c9c7393be1c8afa--saints

Wore these for only one season...those wide gold stripes and those....pants. Ugh.

6bccb70978858ca1d1afc59099a6a046.jpg

Saints only wore solid white on the road for one whole season (1975). Solid set all around and I think they'd do well to bring back the white pants full time...

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Archived