One Year Uniforms

ltjets21

On ‎2017‎年‎9‎月‎18‎日 at 7:15 AM, WSU151 said:

I'd like to see Robert Kraft bring these back or the 1994 set, although the "throwback for five years" rule might be tricky.  With silver helmets, it's definitely doable.  Maybe in 2019, as it'd be the 100th NFL anniversary, and the 25th anniversary of Kraft's first year as owner, plus that year really started the Patriots turn around.

Never really liked how the TV numbers were a different color than the ones on the shirt.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2015‎年‎7‎月‎3‎日 at 9:40 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

You're telling me that as late as the late '60s, goalies still weren't wearing masks? You'd have to be insane to tend goal sans mask.

Goalies are a special kind of player, they say.

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 10:40 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

Nike came out with a new set for Miami in 2014. They switched to Adidas in 2015.

miami-unis.jpg

The Adidas set that came out in 2015 lasted a season and a half before they rolled out their 80's inspired set that they still have now.

USATSI_8784610.jpg

God these were awful. The current set is the best they've looked in years (minus the Adidas tire thread pattern)

6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Could be their best of all time and, just like the Padres, they used them for only 1 year. Don't want to look too good now do you Padres?

I loved that home set, and I have no idea why they only kept it for that one ASG season. I have the hat, but try not to wear it often because it's only going to get harder to replace. 

2 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

I loved that home set, and I have no idea why they only kept it for that one ASG season. I have the hat, but try not to wear it often because it's only going to get harder to replace. 

What's funny is their other GREAT set, in my opinion, was their other all star game year, 78. Again, only used for one season. Guess it's their thing.

1978-Home-Jake-Roth-USA-TODAY-Sports1.jp

On 9/18/2017 at 5:50 AM, BJ Sands said:

Those pants and socks are excellent. The helmet is fine. But that jersey is terrible and undercooked.

I wonder what the thought process was with this set. The Pats designed a completely new logo while coming up with a unique treatment for the pants. Yet the jersey is under-designed and amateurish, and looks like a last-minute afterthought.

I prefer the simpler pant stripe from this era, but the plain jersey is what makes the crazy pants work in this case. Another gaudy design element to carry the jersey would instantly push this uniform (as a whole) too far into novelty territory.

It has just enough uniqueness and organizes what *is* there into a sound, functional hierarchy. The only changes I would make to it even today are removing the logo from the sleeves, thinning out the TV numbers a little and switching over to a darker blue.

It’s honestly probably the best balance of classy and contemporary they’ve ever achieved, in my opinion. Until the recent trends brought simple design back to the forefront, this was one of the last redesigns I can remember that emphasized cleanliness, cohesion, and hierarchy amongst the elements. For the next 20 years, the vast majority of we saw in sports design was driven by the “needs more stuff” philosophy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 7/18/2018 at 9:07 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

TIL that the Washington Bullets wore the following uniforms below for the 1986-87 season only. Wow, these were beautifully modified when compared to their classics (home and away).

GettyImages-110215557.0.0.jpg

front.jpg

The following year, they'd wear these:

51568_moses_malone.jpg

12bolwizhistory.jpg

Nope, wore 'em for 2 seasons, starting in 1985. 19769_103070919718299_100000461748938_80

The NBA logo didn't appear on the unis until the '86-'87 season.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, hawk36 said:

Could be their best of all time and, just like the Padres, they used them for only 1 year. Don't want to look too good now do you Padres?

My take on the Padres' uniforms is that whether they stay with the blue or go to brown, they need to have a secondary color (preferably athletic gold).

I did love the blue and orange uniforms of the '90s. They went downhill, uniform-wise, when ownership decided they just had to go the plain blue-and-white route. I never understood that.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:06 PM, hawk36 said:

The more absurd thing is they had a 1 day version of it in gray for the ASG

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They néed to lose the ‘s and just use an A. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I like A's

A looks like there's something missing

“A” would work if the team still played in Philadelphia and Kansas City, but A’s has been in Oakland for nearly 50 years and associated with the best periods in franchise history (the 1970s “Swingin’ A’s). 

ydt3406ddwhd2pncda6epyoh4.png

I’m in favor of keeping the “A’s” over “A.”

14 hours ago, Discogod said:

Nope, wore 'em for 2 seasons, starting in 1985. 19769_103070919718299_100000461748938_80

The NBA logo didn't appear on the unis until the '86-'87 season.

Thanks for the correction. Damn, should have done more research. SMH @ myself.

Archived