One Year Uniforms

ltjets21

15 hours ago, Bluefalcon said:

Tuesday morning musings...The Patriots had a 2-year uniform (1991-92) followed by two one-year uniforms (1993 and 1994). Is that an NFL record for changes in such a short period of time?

On another note, I think the NFL's 5-year rule on changing jerseys (which must have come after the Patriots switched again in 1995) is far too conservative compared to other sports leagues. No wonder the Rams are in such a predicament, but I get that most of it is their own fault.

What specifically was different about 1991-92 compared to 1990? Red pants on the road? Red facemasks?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Tue Jul 24 2018 at 6:36 AM, Bluefalcon said:

Tuesday morning musings...The Patriots had a 2-year uniform (1991-92) followed by two one-year uniforms (1993 and 1994). Is that an NFL record for changes in such a short period of time?

The Ravens had one year road uniforms 4 years in a row, from 1996 - 1999.

1996: inaugural set

1997: number font changed, new striping on black road pants

1998: white road pants 

1999: current helmet logo, bird logo on sleeves

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=BAL

What about the St.Louis Rams removing the gold piping from the sides of the jersey? When they changed away from the yellow and blue to the navy and gold, there were gold stripes running down the sides of the jerseys. They looked really bad on the away jerseys. I’m not quite sure the stripes made it to the regular season. 

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

What about the St.Louis Rams removing the gold piping from the sides of the jersey? When they changed away from the yellow and blue to the navy and gold, there were gold stripes running down the sides of the jerseys. They looked really bad on the away jerseys. I’m not quite sure the stripes made it to the regular season. 

The gold side panels were there for the Rams' first two years in the navy-and-gold set, 2000 and 2001. Their last game with them was the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots:

72352736.jpg

The side panels were gone by the 2002 opener, which was a loss to the Broncos:

yo-murphy-of-the-st-louis-rams-gets-tack

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Prior to 2015, the only major departure the Browns ever made from their classic look was a one-year uniform...

1984_1428937179728_16685414_ver1.0_640_4

They also used orange numbers in the preseason and changed them to white and brown with orange trim, respectively, before the regular season.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, number81 said:

The Ravens had one year road uniforms 4 years in a row, from 1996 - 1999.

1996: inaugural set

1997: number font changed, new striping on black road pants

1998: white road pants 

1999: current helmet logo, bird logo on sleeves

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=BAL

The Ravens whole first year (1996) set was a one year uniform.  In 1997, the number font changed on both jerseys and white pants were introduced with the home uniform.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Prior to 2015, the only major departure the Browns ever made from their classic look was a one-year uniform...

They also used orange numbers in the preseason and changed them to white and brown with orange trim, respectively, before the regular season.

Just put Bengals on that helmet

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

My favorite one-year uniform is also one of my favorite Brewers uniforms of all: their 1971 flannels.  Sandwiched in between the Seattle hand-me-downs and the move to polyester pull-overs, these were real classics.  Their own look, if short-lived.

1971_Brewers_DickSchofield.png

71080a_lg.jpeg71080b_lg.jpeg

I prefer the Brewers to use a script but this is a fantastic uniform. Too bad it was so short lived.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, andrewharrington said:

Swap the orange for red and the brown for black, and you have a great-looking Falcons uniform.

Archived