One Year Uniforms

ltjets21

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised to realize that these were only worn for one season as well, 1967-68. They had white shoulders after that.

source_788_102272.jpg

that particular jersey was only worn during the inaugural preseason. by the start of the regular season, the stars had dropped the drawstrings, switched number fonts to a standard block, and gone to the more traditionally shaped N-Star, as well as slightly altered the striping.

You're telling me that as late as the late '60s, goalies still weren't wearing masks? You'd have to be insane to tend goal sans mask.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With the Hawks and Bucks revamping their sets for the upcoming season:

USATSI_8343555.jpg

This Hawks' home uniform w/ Atlanta tweak on it.

Hawks_paul_millsap.jpg

Before the 2014-15 season, the Hawks unveiled the new Pacman logo and placed it on the left leg of all uniforms. They have been rebranded for the 2015-16 season.

hi-res-c8f2d32750bcbef1e042c3640fc5fe60_

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

You're telling me that as late as the late '60s, goalies still weren't wearing masks? You'd have to be insane to tend goal sans mask.

Andy Brown was the last goalie to play without a mask, with the last maskless game happening in 1974. People called him "Fearless"...which was certainly helped with his other record for most penalty minutes by a goaltender in a season, which has since been beaten.

brown.jpg

I've done it in roller hockey (I know, nowhere near the same danger level), and it's very zen. It's that same freeing-yet-dangerous feeling of driving without a seatbelt. ...both of which are not smart ideas lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Has anyone posted the ENTIRE XFL yet? If not I call dibs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The 1996-97 Edmonton Oilers white jersey.

It's really too bad, since that jersey looked really good with the contrasting yoke. Then again, removing the yoke was a lateral move since it looked just fine with a white yoke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

USATSI_8343555.jpg

Hawks_paul_millsap.jpg

Before the 2014-15 season, the Hawks unveiled the new Pacman logo and placed it on the left leg of all uniforms. They have been rebranded for the 2015-16 season.

Why did they put Atlanta on the home jerseys this year? What was the point of doing this when they knew they were going to rebrand the next year?

USATSI_8343555.jpg

Hawks_paul_millsap.jpg

Why did they put Atlanta on the home jerseys this year? What was the point of doing this when they knew they were going to rebrand the next year?
$$$$$$

I'll go you one better - the Pilots had several one-year uniforms.

2011-08-08_200512.jpg

And that's not even counting the unused prototypes worn by their manager on his offseason goodwill tour.

1968.jpg

Wow, you're right. Thanks for the info.

Those marine caps were, say, special to say the least..

Archived