MLB hats that would benefit from different colored bill

JasonFromMiami

I'd like to see the Red Sox do this, even if it was just for BP.

boston-red-sox-new-era-59fifty-Ilumipopz

The Red Sox current BP hat looks exactly like this one.

Yeah, but this one looks lighter. I know It's probably just to coloration of the photo, but I'd like to see their hats look more like this. The Blue just seems to get darker and darker over the years, and I'd like to see them lighten it up a little.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but if the team is called red sox , should the hat not be red then ?

-

-

Which reminds me: why does no team team have a white home cap, they are afterall in white uniforms, why not a white pinstriped Yankees or white sox hat, would that not look pretty spetacular ?

Now that I think of it, a pinstripe Sox cap would look pretty sweet. Not as a full time home cap, but maybe as an alternate.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Yeah, i think a completely white cap with a colored bill is better then white-front only....it looks like a cheap trucker hat, imo the Orioles home cap is rather silly looking.

And a white hat in the summertime beats a dark cap. White sox and yankees pinstriped hat with a black/navy bill would look great, only for the home unis that is.

Yeah, i think a completely white cap with a colored bill is better then white-front only....it looks like a cheap trucker hat, imo the Orioles home cap is rather silly looking. . And a white hat in the summertime beats a dark cap. White sox and yankees pinstriped hat with a black/navy bill would look great, only for the home unis that is.

As good as that would look, you can't change the iconic Yankees cap.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I also think a few teams could benefit from a white front panel like the Orioles brought back...

New-Padres-BP-Cap-2014.jpg

I actually think that the Padres missed a huge opportunity to throw fans a bone by not going with this:

pMLB2-18431055_alternate1_dt.jpg

Even the slightest nod to team history would be a step in the right direction.

For whatever reason, most teams in the league almost always still use the old wool caps for photo shoot days. They may just be old stock left around that they pull out just for photo shoots to save money. I think the main reason they use them though is because the grey brim is brighter and makes the players faces easier to photograph in a studio setting.

It's not an old stock wool cap. I saw a video of one of these shoots once and they use an adjustable cap with the grey under the brim.

As long as the socks are red, the hat can be any color it wants. They're not the Boston Red Hats.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As long as the socks are red, the hat can be any color it wants. They're not the Boston Red Hats.

So you would be cool with a pink hat ? :)

In theory yes, in reality probably not :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I also think a few teams could benefit from a white front panel like the Orioles brought back...

I actually think that the Padres missed a huge opportunity to throw fans a bone by not going with this:

pMLB2-18431055_alternate1_dt.jpg

Even the slightest nod to team history would be a step in the right direction.

Couldn't agree more about the 2014 ASG Hat. I wish it wasn't diamond era material but rather 100% poly like the on fields. I think that would be a fantastic road hat for the Padres. I'd also love to see them use the white SD outlined in sand as you see on the current BP hat. I think a solid navy hat with that logo would be really sharp. I'd also love to see them emphasize sand as an accent color, but I know the ownership isn't fond of it, so I'll continue hope some how that change. I really dig the navy/grey/sand combo they have going.

SEAsig.png

Yes, just remember not to wear a pink shirt to work, we know what happens then :)

Yes, just remember not to wear a pink shirt to work, we know what happens then :)

AukkuC3CQAAlODC.jpg

As someone already mentioned, the Reds would be a lot better without the black bills for their road caps. Come to think of it, what about the Indians with a red bill? It couldn't hurt considering how bland the cap already is.

Archived