Hardest City for Fictional Concept Leagues

macalesterscots

17 hours ago, Tyrano123 said:

For those of you that run your own solitaire college athletic leagues: what are some go-to conference names that you've been able to come up with? I do mainly fictional college sports and have difficulty coming up with conference names as of late other than the obvious (i.e. Big North, Pacific Coast)

Well, I came up with a few names off hand-

GLAC (Great Lakes Athletics Conference)-Named due to it's members being in states that border the Great Lakes (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Pennslyvania, New York, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, and even the Canadian province of Ontario)

Rocky Mountain Conference

New England Conference-Members in the states of New England (Massachussets, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine)

Praire Conference

Atlantic Seaboard League

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheBigBuc said:

Well, I came up with a few names off hand-

GLAC (Great Lakes Athletics Conference)-Named due to it's members being in states that border the Great Lakes (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Pennslyvania, New York, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, and even the Canadian province of Ontario)

Rocky Mountain Conference

New England Conference-Members in the states of New England (Massachussets, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine)

Praire Conference

Atlantic Seaboard League

Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference already exist.

New England Conference apparently went defunct in the 1940s, so that one would probably be a safe fictional one to use.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

LA Condors

Miami Deco

Minnesota Freeze

Salt Lake Pioneers

Boston Riders

i can keep going but it is a hobby to think of names or tittles to Childrens Books.. 

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

3 hours ago, Maroon said:

Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference already exist.

New England Conference apparently went defunct in the 1940s, so that one would probably be a safe fictional one to use.

I'm pretty sure I meant to say Prairie BTW

14 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I've had trouble thinking of names for teams in Oklahoma City and Montréal. Does anyone have some ideas?

Oklahoma City citizen here, can't go wrong with energy/petroleum themed names like Oilers, Roustabouts, Energy (taken sadly)

fiowXOD.png

On 4/18/2019 at 7:36 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

I've had trouble thinking of names for teams in Oklahoma City and Montréal. Does anyone have some ideas?

For Montréal, it's helpful for something that works for both languages, here's some ideas-

Saints (When Mark Twain visited, he said of our city- "This is the first time I was ever in a city where you couldn't throw a brick without breaking a church window." Lots of our biggest streets are named after saints [even if they were really named after baptismal names of important civic figures], and most importantly it works in either language.)

Orange (Hear me out, one of our quirkier city attractions is this place, it's a unique name that also forces people out of the French tricolore colour scheme so many concepts use.)

Jazz/Festivals (We've a famous "jazz" festival, which is perhaps the biggest of the literally hundreds of festivals we host each year, such as Osheaga, Francofolies, Just for Laughs, Pop, MUTEK, HeavyMTL, et cetera, and both work in both languages. Festivals is also a nice little wink to the Expos.)

9 minutes ago, alexandre said:

Orange (Hear me out, one of our quirkier city attractions is this place, it's a unique name that also forces people out of the French tricolore colour scheme so many concepts use.)

That might work, considering I was planning on an orange and white color scheme. Thanks! :)

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• 3 weeks later...

My home state, Texas, I feel, has too mamy western themed team names. Sure, we're proud of our history, don't get me wrong, but Texas is a whole lot more than a bunch of cowboys and ranchers. Houston is the energy capital of the world, San Antonio has tons of military bases and the leading industries these days in Dallas is technology. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, texashockeyfan said:

While we're on the subject, what else is Boston known for besides its role in the American Revolution?  I was trying to think of a good team name for Boston but one that's not patriotic. 

Beer

Excellent!

1 hour ago, texashockeyfan said:

While we're on the subject, what else is Boston known for besides its role in the American Revolution?  I was trying to think of a good team name for Boston but one that's not patriotic. 

Drunks. Idiots. Drunk idiots.

53Ocz8U.png

4 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

There's the massive Irish population, Maritime Traditions, they've also got a surprisingly high Portuguese/Azorean population as well.

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

4 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

Boston Beermen

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived