Hand Drawn NFL Redesign (17/32) Pittsburgh Added; Cincinnati Updated

lcgreig03

the only thing that i dont like is that you have a different pair of white pants for the black jersey, i think it would look good with the red stripe so that there isnt too much black. other than that i think these are perfect, love the flag with out it being overkill

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I really appreciate the kind words from everyone! I'm glad I was able to get you guys interested and I hope the rest of what I have holds up to what everyone is hoping for! I'll certainly do my best!

the only thing that i dont like is that you have a different pair of white pants for the black jersey, i think it would look good with the red stripe so that there isnt too much black. other than that i think these are perfect, love the flag with out it being overkill

Y'know I actually hadn't considered a red stripe with the black uniforms but given how much I like the red cuffs on that jersey, I think that might look good. I'll draw it up and hopefully have that update with my next post in the next few days.

For now, here are the Dallas Cowboys. The one thing I wanted to accomplish with these uniforms was consistency. It's no secret that the Cowboys look, while classic and iconic, is all over the place. The blues and silvers don't match and the primary and secondary uniforms don't even fit the same template. I wanted to simplify the look and because I like the navy uniforms better than the white ones, that's what I based this on. The number font from the white uni remains on both and the collar becomes silver/white/silver and blue/white/blue to better match the pants stripe. The sleeves on the white are inspired by the team's practice uniforms. Also included is a whiteout uniform I'm envisioning would be used on a Thanksgiving day matchup. These uniforms are sort of a merging of the current white uniforms and their throwbacks, added to a white-on-white look because I've always thought the Cowboys needed a whiteout uniform. Hope you enjoy!

dal%20sec_zpsxjbqjpbn.jpgdal%20prim_zpsz4cikjhu.jpgdal%20alt_zps0qt38rqh.jpg

witten_zpsoeacrwcp.jpgbryant_zpskhqo8tmg.jpgromo_zpsfyac6tql.jpg

My first reaction, as a Cowboys diehard, was no no no no no no no. But after looking at it for a bit, it looks good. Its not too wild. It addresses the biggest concern with the Cowboys uni's now - inconsistent colors and no star on the home uni. Can't guarantee these would fly in Dallas, but its a well conceived design. Only thing I don't like is the collar, but that's because I like the look of the flywire.

Up next, the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons here are simplified; two jerseys, one pair of pants, and a look that's not too busy. The helmet remains unchanged and black jerseys and grey pants return. The number font is based on the team's wordmark. Grey numbers are added to the home uniforms to add a more modern look that's not as out there as some of what Nike has brought to the NFL recently. Other than that, there isn't much else to say, except that I'm already planning to change the pants stripe from red/black/red to black/red/black but because of the time this project took, I'll add the update (and any more based off C&C) after I get all 32 teams posted. The pants stripe is as it is now because it matched a helmet stripe I experimented with, and only just removed (if you look closely on the helmet on the home uni, I believe you can still see the outline of where it used to be)

atl%20home_zpsukf1j775.jpgatl%20away_zpsgvsso9dt.jpg

ryan_zpskavxiebv.jpgjones_zpslf2dqgz7.jpg

UPDATE: Red and white alternate uniform added.

white_zpsrsnrtv0b.jpg

C&C welcome.

Not sure if I like the grey numbers on the home jersey or not. Also, the Falcons need some white pants (and I always thought their logo would warrant itself to a alt. white helmet.) Other then that, very well done, as always.

image.jpg.155faab7d9af838dcc16facded816fimage.jpg

All credit goes to their respective creators (Veras and hawkfan89)

image.jpg

The Cowboys are great as well, I really wasn't sure if I would like the sleeve designs, but they worked out good and seem to really tie the uniform together.

As for the Falcons, I unexpectedly loved the use of grey. Very good job.

fiowXOD.png

Love the Cowboys whiite's

One suggestion on the Falcons.

We use a modified version of their font at the high school I coach at, and are looking at not using that font for numbers because of the width. I tried using it by making the numbers 200% height and 90% width, so they fit much better, but they are just really awkward to work with.

Amazing stuff you're posting here! I may be in the minority on this, but I think the inconsistency of the Cowboys' blues and silvers is almost charming at this point, not necessarily something to be corrected.

On a technical note, I was just wondering how you're drawing these. Are they freehand, or are you using any assistance like a light box tracer? I love the coloring book feel to the action figures.

The Cowboys' mismatched colors was something I didn't notice until I did, and now I can't not notice it. I know there's a sentiment behind some people being fond of the look, and I understand that. But it's a relatively recent discovery of mine and every time I see it, it bugs me. As for the Falcons, when I update them I'll add black pants and an alternate red jersey for them, likely with white pants. I won't be posting updates until every team is posted first, due to the amount of time these tend to take me. I want to get this completed before I tweak it. Also, to answer kennycolors question, I do freehand draw these. I just use a picture of the players as references.

Moving on, today is the Miami Dolphins. The pants stay the same, but aqua pants will only be worn with the white away jerseys. No more mono-aqua for them. The logos on the sleeves are replaced with stripes, and the numbers are the same ones from their uniforms before the Nike rebrand, minus the drop shadow. Navy remains in the color scheme, limited to an accent color. The white facemask is gone, replaced by the aqua ones from before. In addition, orange as an alternate returns. The on-field looks also include Ndamukong Suh, which was fun to draw in orange. Enjoy!

miami%20home_zpsvamsuvtp.jpgmiami%20away_zpsn83nfppt.jpgmiami%20away2_zpswfddkujb.jpgmiami%20alt_zpstvyhyvf1.jpg

landry_zpsgkbscbtc.jpgtannehill_zpscxxnjw3j.jpgwake_zpsqknbwqck.jpgsuh_zpsjlg2owne.jpg

Amazing, amazing work. Not only are the concepts themselves really good, but the quality of the hand-drawing is excellent, especially the action shots. This thread really brings me back to the days when I would hand draw sports uniforms.

The Cardinals are solid. The facemask switch and switch to a more classic look are good choices, and I like that the flag is incorporated somehow. Not sure how I feel about the flag on one sleeve and cardinal on the other, but it's a unique look.

Love the Cowboys. The consistency in color and design is obviously an improvement, and I really like the look of the white uniform. I've always liked their blue-sleeved practice uniforms.

The Falcons are just okay, IMO. I like the silver, but it would be nice to see a little more red to differentiate them from the Raiders. I'm also not a huge fan of the logos on the sleeves...I know that was their 90s look, but I'm personally not a fan of teams having four logos so close together.

I like stripes on the sleeves for the Dolphins, and the triple stripes look good. My only worry is that I assume the Bears and Niners will also have triple stripes on the sleeves, and that would make the look less unique. Regarding the coloring, I would've liked to see an orange middle stripe on the aqua pants to match the aqua jersey stripes. Also, I don't think you need different helmet and pants striping for the orange alternate, as the stripes would match the sleeve stripes.

Was the orange stripe on the helmet paired with the orange top intentional? Regardless, it looks good and compliments the look well, and something that's easily feasible with today's rule. I really like the shoulder striping and how everything comes together well. I hate how the current set doesn't use orange well enough, and you fixed that here.

And of course, your artistry is second to none. The attention to detail with everything, especially your action shots. You truly make it a thrill to check out the new team. Keep it up!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Love the Dolphins, my only gripe is that the sleeve stripes combined with the orange jersey is reminiscent of the Chicago Bears alternate. But I do like it a lot, love the consistency and I appreciate that if I saw this without logos I would know it was Miami, good work.

Archived