This without a doubt:

2015011507511522821186675200.jpg

It hits all the required Nineties uniform tropes:

1. Teal!

2. Cheesy cartoonish logo

3. Too many colors

4. Goofy number font

5. Bad, asymmetrical team name font

I'd like to see them bring this back as a throwback .
bender-laughing.gif

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Any of the original MLS jerseys is definitely up there, as those were particularly horrendous. What also comes to mind is the late 90's Pittsburgh Penguins jersey (this was the best photo I could find but it doesn't capture the gradient quite as much as I'd like):

Mario_Lemieux_2001.jpg

And of course there's the Atlanta Hawks away uniform in the late 90s:

atl-hawks-90s-bird-away-620x775.jpg

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Monsters31BONVIEroadfrontG.jpg
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bonus for using Mookie Blaylock, the original namesake of 90s band Pearl Jam.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Elite-Daily-90s-Cavs.jpg

hi-res-84790144_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=4

MJ%2096%20columbia.jpg

61212_Barkley.jpg

pacers1.jpg

mn-kskn98a02.jpg

muggsy.jpg

majerle-suns.jpg

Is it wrong that I love every one of these uniforms minus Sacramento? I'm sure it probably has to do with me being in junior high for most of these and at the peak of my NBA fandom.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Its a big part of why otherwise ugly uniforms develop a cult following. I doubt people would like the Canucks spaghetti uniforms, the Buccaneers creamsicles, the Raptors purple&reds, etc as much as they do if it weren't for the fact that they're gone.

This thread is now "post anything from the 90's"

For the most 90's-tastic uniform it's tough to beat the Pistons teal. There will never be another time when it'd be okay for a team from Detroit, Michigan to wear teal. Like previously said, that had all the dated hallmarks of 90's style.

Joe-Dumars.jpeg

There were other teams who totally jumped on the trends of the day (the Islanders, Houston Rockets, and Anaheim Angels come to mind), but none were so shameless about it and none of those 90's rebrands were ever as ill-fitting for the franchise as teal was the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons threw out all their (recent) history to play trend follower, which is why they were only around for 5 or 6 years.

I actually liked the logo, though. When they first switched back to blue and red they still used the logo and it stands up in those colors better than it did in teal and yellow and black. It's a much better logo than the plain basketball and nothing says it has to appear on the uniforms. I wouldn't mind if they still used it as their primary.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived