MCM0313

Overall, RHI probably wins. Of the four major leagues, NBA, on the whole, has the most per capita.

The giant Patriots shoulder logos wins for guadiest 'normal' looking. Toronto Raptors, as they were founded in the 90s, are easily the most '90s' of all '90s' teams. Purple/red, the cartoon dinosaur and name that is only relevant because of Jurassic Park (serious, who knew of Velociraptors before Jurassic Park made them widely known and, honestly, more alarming than the T-Rex?

Arizona Diamondbacks had a 'classic' look to start (though they got suckered in with Teal, that they later went away from), but Tampa Bay Devil Rays gets the 2nd place for me. Bright neon colors, gradiants, the name being overly dramatic, and their gray road uniforms looked bad.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Kittles!! Sorry, I remember Dickie V calling those Big Monday games w Nova. Didn't Texas Hoops have a similar set to the nova one?

hi-res-269634_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420

That Kerry Kittles?

I actually had those shorts. Had an Arkansas pair too. I'm guessing Apex is no longer in business?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'm willing to the 90's expansion teams a pass. They're supposed to have uniforms that match the times.

It's the historic franchises jumping on the dumb trends of the day that were less acceptable.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Most 90's uniform ever- Randy Johnson edition

1998_tl.jpg

This is more of a 2000s uniform than anything (meaning these were ahead of their time). Navy and gold were popular after the turn of the century, and the wordmark is very modern without being cookie-cutter. Simple piping on the pants, no piping on the sleeves is still pretty modern.

If the Astros unveiled these uniforms today instead of 20 years ago, I think they'd be pretty popular. Only change would be to update the number font.

I think it should be noted that the Astros retired this uniform set after the 1999 season. Navy and gold may have caught on in the 2000s, but I think this Astros set helped to contribute to the futuristic fad that caught MLB in the late 90s (see TATC uniforms).

My general overall message is, Randy Johnson wore some of the more iconic uniform sets on the 90s.

It may be because I grew up in the 90s and followed the NBA then, but 96-99 may have featured the widest array of unique uniforms in the history of the NBA. They might of been ugly but they weren't boring. Remember this gem? (I remember liking it back then).

7226_315_96rall2_1_l.jpg

It may be because I grew up in the 90s and followed the NBA then, but 96-99 may have featured the widest array of unique uniforms in the history of the NBA. They might of been ugly but they weren't boring. Remember this gem? (I remember liking it back then).

7226_315_96rall2_1_l.jpg

Get rid of the gradients and that's a nice jersey.

Tf9TG.jpg

My vote is for any of the Converse Road tread uniforms in college basketball. This signaled the brand > school trend that plagues college aesthetics with its superfluous uniform templates. One could say Apex one started it and 94, but there near immediate bankruptcy only provided caution. Converse is no longer a trendsetter, but stuck around Long enough to give us those awful Kentucky denim jerseys in 97.

what was the most 90s matchup ever?

Vancouver-Grizzlies-Comeback.jpg

The original Naismith Cup, where Toronto played Vancouver every year (except the lockout in 1998) from 1995-2000:

naismithcup.gif

That 20 something old logo looks miles better than the proposed Raptors logo. Shame on you Drake/Raptors/NBA/ADIDAS.

The original Naismith Cup, where Toronto played Vancouver every year (except the lockout in 1998) from 1995-2000:

naismithcup.gif

That 20 something old logo looks miles better than the proposed Raptors logo. Shame on you Drake/Raptors/NBA/ADIDAS.

It saddens me that when I see that logo, all I can think of is goatse.

Yes, there's probably something wrong with me.

naismithcup.gif

Having Memphis is cool and all, but I really miss Vancouver being around. That identity was superb, and I would've loved to see it evolve in Vancouver.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived