Canadian Football League - Hockey Jerseys (**Blue Bombers Added**)

CanucksBrad

Any C&C on anything posted so far? I know most of you don't know or care about the CFL, would it be better if I posted what their actual uni's look like for comparisons sake?

This is my first series and would really like to get some feedback on my technique and any possible tips.

One of Ottawa or Toronto will be posted later tonight.

.get rid of the gradient on the argos alt

.make the striping straight on ottawa alt

.less stripes on the hamilton alt sleeve

for the Argos I wanted to try something outside the box a little, and their current alternates feature some gradient effects:

14784041318_c2616d6441_b.jpg

For Ottawa's alternates, I had horizontal lines at the bottom at first, but because of how far down the lettering comes I didn't have room for many lines. The diagonal adds a different aspect to it, since I feel I may have gone with straight horizontal and vertical lines too much over the course of the series.

The stripes on the Hamilton alternate is an homage to the early NHL Hamilton Tigers:

Tigers4.png

But thank your for the input and suggestions. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice work all around! You really did a good job of creating looks that capture both the current uniforms of the team and the history of hockey in the city (i.e. The Ottawa and Hamilton alts). Also, those Montreal sweaters are absolute hideous and over-designed, so perfect job! ?

Not saying you could have done anyhing about it but I absolutely HATE Montreal's color scheme but it looks half decent on a hockey jersey. The only thing that ticks me off is the wings on the alt. What are they supposed to mean?

Not saying you could have done anyhing about it but I absolutely HATE Montreal's color scheme but it looks half decent on a hockey jersey. The only thing that ticks me off is the wings on the alt. What are they supposed to mean?

Well an Allouette is a bird.

• 3 weeks later...

That alt is great for Montreal! The striping looks a bit like the "Buffaslug" jerseys (not a bad thing really). I think you should take out the stripe on the shoulder, it looks a bit out of place. other than that nice job on all of these.

• 5 months later...

I missed this & saw a link on another thread--overall some cool ideas.

maybe too late for any C&C, but here it goes

As always--give Calgary red shorts, not black--especially with another team called the Red Blacks--but otherwise--cool unis.

Love the TiCats alts--maybe i their white jerseys have black between the yellow stripes.

Winnipeg kind of reminds me of a set I did several years ago for a fantasy league here--the Halifax Bulwarks

For the Riders, the green of the logo & the uni don't match or mesh.

A suggestion for the alt would be the old "S" logo that looks like it's upside down.

Overall--fun series

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived