Leeds United Concept

speedy

It's been a while since I've posted a concept but this came to mind while browsing Football League standings.

It's a return to form for Leeds and a departure away from their "European" style crest. The White Rose of York takes prominence again.

leedsunited.png

Fantastic update. If anything the only change I'd suggest is using more yellow in the logo as historically the team's crest has been almost equal parts blue and yellow. But having said that this looks spot on as is, and that's all the critique I have to offer :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A whole lot of awesome here. A return to a round design which they used a lot in the past but keeping the yorkshire rose instead of that weird LU smiley thing. This is definitely better than what they have now but I think there could maybe do with a bit more yellow in the crest. It's difficult because the center of the rose could be the perfect place for this but the way you have it now representing a ball is great. (was typing this as Wildwing posted)

In terms of the kits, I am not a huge fan of the striped socks on the home because they are paired with a single colour shirt and shorts. In my opinion, it only tends to work when they are either different colours or the shirt is striped too. Maybe if you reduced the thickness of each sock stripe so it is the same as the thickness of the cuff design, which I think you are probably trying to match/tie it in with anyway, that could work.

Away and Third are fine. Particularly the all yellow which is a distinctive and classic away look for them. They could maybe do with some dark shorts to prevent a clash against playing another all white team away from home but I guess the yellow shorts could be used with the blue. If I was being a mega pedant I could also say that it's great that you used the official Football League font but I am not sure if the colours used are one of the ones made available to teams.

Overall this is a very nice concept 9.5/10. I have made a lot of comments but these are minor things compared to what I think you have got right.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Thanks for the input, guys.

Marble, wasn't sure on the official colorways they're allowed for the numbers so I just rolled the dice. Since both of you requested more yellow, I've added 3 colorways for the crest, as well as modifying the uniforms a bit.

leedsunitedv2.png

I like the middle logo the best. Leeds is my favourite English club and I would dig this. I'm also a huge fans of the uniforms you created. The only complant I have is that the blue seems a little too dark.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

These are absolutely amazing! I prefer the middle crest as well - has the right amount of yellow. The blue kit is my favourite too - simple, but those faux-hoops look great on it.

Interesting...I had also used the Yorkshire Rose in a concept done a few years ago.

http://jimdesign.com/images/harrogate.png

I think it can be a great design element, and you and I both have it set up in similar fashion (not saying you stole or anything, as you have clearly different colors and styling, just a creative coincidence).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Very good concept and loving the badge. The White Rose version was initially first used in 1984 as before that they used a roundel badge with a peacock which veered towards their nickname at the time of The Peacocks because of the old home shirts of Yellow and blue before changing to white.

glory10.png

Very good concept and loving the badge. The White Rose version was initially first used in 1984 as before that they used a roundel badge with a peacock which veered towards their nickname at the time of The Peacocks because of the old home shirts of Yellow and blue before changing to white.

Leeds-United3.-logo-80s_zpsglcmanbz.png

Here are some additional old Leeds Logos

They've had some great one's over the years

Leeds-United2.-old-logo_zps1ge72aon.pngLeeds-United4.-logo-70s_zpsqkhclzxh.pngLeeds-United5.-logo-60s_zpsmip2nc1t.pngLeeds-United6.-fantasy-logo_zpshrw7kb8r.

Leeds-United%403.-logo-80%27s.png

Leeds-United%402.-old-logo.pngLeeds-United%404.-logo-70%27s.pngLeeds-United%405.-logo-60%27s.pngLeeds-United%406.-fantasy-logo.png

They don't work.

to speedy- I love wht you did here. What is up with the funny numbers and shading? I would find a better font IIWY.

tinysig.jpg

Interesting...I had also used the Yorkshire Rose in a concept done a few years ago.

http://jimdesign.com/images/harrogate.png

I think it can be a great design element, and you and I both have it set up in similar fashion (not saying you stole or anything, as you have clearly different colors and styling, just a creative coincidence).

I love that, Jim. Colors are great. Great Massachusetts minds think a like, I guess.

to speedy- I love wht you did here. What is up with the funny numbers and shading? I would find a better font IIWY.

Just like the awful Macron branding on the shoulders and shorts, the numbers weren't my choice. They're the official numbers of The Football League. Trust me, I'm not a fan of them either.

Leeds-United2.-old-logo_zps1ge72aon.png

This was the inspiration, I was given a pair of Leeds shorts as a kid back in the early 90's with this logo and it's stuck with me ever since. There's no personality in their current crest, and a return to either the White Rose or a peacock is a must.

Leeds?! Bloody hell, speedy. ;)

All joking aside, it's a rather nice set. Good clean look on the home, you've not gone overboard on the trim which is something the club have been guilty of in recent years. As marble mentioned though, I think the hoops on the home socks might be a bit much - maybe drop them down to a single hoop to echo the trim on the shirt cuffs and collar?

In terms of colour for the Football League numbers, that's a bit of an odd one. There is a standard range of colours, but there are also a couple of examples of clubs seemingly sporting numbers in bespoke colours to better match their kits. I don't know if that's something special dispensation is needed for, but Leeds themselves sported a bespoke colour to match the fluorescent trim on their away kit a season or two back, as seen on the shorts here...

371582876_zpsm6wi9njx.jpg

...so you do have a precedent I suppose.

The crest works well, the Yorkshire rose is something Leeds have used many times in their history even if it isn't specific to that particular city.

Overall, you've done a pretty decent job I reckon!

Leeds?! Bloody hell, speedy. ;)

I had a friend who moved here from Leeds when I was in grade school. I didn't pick 'em, they were forced on me.

Everything is very well done here. Mostly for a club with a immense history.

May I ask what template you use? And is it psd

I believe the shorts are orignally part of Gordie's template - could be wrong. The shirt is a custom job.

Here are what I think to be the final touches on this - appreciate all of the C&C.

2.png3.png

You can view the entire project here.

Archived