Spike New Logo

RevNet

While I do like the new logo I also think it has an issue. The areas where the letters are slightly touching cause a visual tension that makes it difficult to look at IMO which can easily be fixed if they just evenly space each letter like they did the i & k.

I'll never unseen it now. The kerning is different for every singly letter. It's like the designer of a logo based on type doesn't even know what kerning is...

I also think they should have angled the tittle on the "i," but overall upgrade.

While I do like the new logo I also think it has an issue. The areas where the letters are slightly touching cause a visual tension that makes it difficult to look at IMO which can easily be fixed if they just evenly space each letter like they did the i & k.

I'll never unseen it now. The kerning is different for every singly letter. It's like the designer of a logo based on type doesn't even know what kerning is...

I also think they should have angled the tittle on the "i," but overall upgrade.

I'm sure that was done on purpose. They obviously needed to put that extra space between the "i" and "k," because otherwise the two letters would blend together too much. You don't need extra space between letters when their only contact is at one point, because they already look "separate" enough.

I am sure they played around with the spacing between letters and figured that this was the best spacing they could apply. If you space the S and e further away from the letters they touched, it would probably look too stretched out, probably because it is not really a "conventional" wordmark whatwith the shennanigans taking place in the middle of it.

I don't think it's that great of a logo, but I have no problem with the way they spaced the letters.

I am sure they played around with the spacing between letters and figured that this was the best spacing they could apply. If you space the S and e further away from the letters they touched, it would probably look too stretched out, probably because it is not really a "conventional" wordmark whatwith the shennanigans taking place in the middle of it.

Except the "e" doesn't quite touch the "k", and is at an irritating point that doesn't distance itself enough to show a clear space. It's like the "e" was an afterthought.

spacer.png

I'm fine with the logo. I'm not happy with this network wussification. Niche networks have a purpose, and that is to serve their niche market. If the market goes under, that's capitalism, baby. Shut down the channel in that case, and send the employees to work at another network.

If Spike started showing The View, it would be like a dude losing his personal space in his home to his wife's sewing room, because his wife threatened him with consequences if she didn't get her way.

Side note:
1000 Ways to Die is an awesome show.

I agree with that "e" bothering me. Either give it more space from the "k" or extend the leg of the "k" out so that it touches the curve of the "e".

I'm fine with the logo. I'm not happy with this network wussification. Niche networks have a purpose, and that is to serve their niche market. If the market goes under, that's capitalism, baby. Shut down the channel in that case, and send the employees to work at another network.

Niche networks exist to make money, just like mainstream networks exist to make money. The problem is that soupy reality shows are easier to produce than traditional episodic dramas, and that means more money in the pockets of the folks up top.

Archived