Adding a Second Outline/Stroke In InkScape

Sean F&F

Some teams have two outlines on their numbers, and so far the only method I use to create this is to use a solid colored number for the outermost outline and then use the second number with a thick stroke for the inner outline, lay that on top of the other and then group those two together.

It's a little time consumer so I was curious if there is an easier/faster way to do this?

I always found this annoying as well - thus, why I use the old school method of Power Point and having 2 layers, the back layer with the wider outline, the front layer with fill and one outline.... my method is probably pretty stupid though lol

Some teams have two outlines on their numbers, and so far the only method I use to create this is to use a solid colored number for the outermost outline and then use the second number with a thick stroke for the inner outline, lay that on top of the other and then group those two together.

It's a little time consumer so I was curious if there is an easier/faster way to do this?

Personally, I create a number with no stroke first. Then, I copy and paste in place that number and add a stroke. I drop that number under the stroke less one. Then, rinse and repeat with a third number with an even thicker stroke that I drop below the other 2. That really takes hardly any time, IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

Is there also any way to arch the text? Not curve it, but arch the text in any way? I have yet to find any tutorial about it.

Make a path, select both the text and the path, then go to Put on Path under Text to get the text onto the path. Adjust the path to get what you want.

Is there also any way to arch the text? Not curve it, but arch the text in any way? I have yet to find any tutorial about it.

Make a path, select both the text and the path, then go to Put on Path under Text to get the text onto the path. Adjust the path to get what you want.

I believe he's asking how to get this style of arch:

e0geyz0f0bitgtjzfzpe54re4.gif

...as opposed to this style:

47oohl8sfcftpmodi0t09f141.gif

The technique you're describing works for the second one.

Archived