The Moons: A Minor League fantasy baseball concept

Sport

My mom is from a small town called Wapakoneta, Ohio. This also happens to be the hometown of Neil Armstrong.

Wapakoneta, or Wapak as the locals call it, is probably much too small to actually have a professional baseball team of their own, but I sat down and as an exercise decided to come up with a fictional team and how their branding might look.

Utilizing the Neil Armstrong connection I decided to call them the Moons. The look of the primary and uniforms were very much inspired by the 1960's era style. I thought that sort of googie/60's/Apollo 11 feel was perfect for a franchise named after a local hero who came to NASA when it was going through its most glamorous and most romantic period.

Primary

Primary-logo_zpskjmtd9ry.png

Secondary

secondary-logo_zpsxqcr2zmb.png

modeled after the Reds' running Mr. Redlegs logo.

Tertiary

tertiary-logo_zpswuugkmpg.png

Cap logo

cap-logo_zpssbhjm4z3.png

Uniforms

Uniforms_zpshrw8yhol.png

Let me know what you think. Thanks

PvO6ZWJ.png

Generally a great concept, but I, too, wonder why the moon in the O looks like an uneven blob. It would be more recognisable if it were moon-shaped (round), or even as phases of the moon. Slight variations on the name could also fit this package, like Moonmen, Moonwalkers, Moonshots, etc.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I absolutely love the color choices. That black would be perfect if the numbers were a different color from the uniform. The Braves wore their navy unis with the white outline against the Phillies one game and from the stands in Philadelphia (I am a Phillies "phan") they were hard to read. Awesome job though, just work in that moon a little bit... I think lots of people associate the moon with a crescent and not as the oval so maybe try and work with that?

Do Like the Idea on how you emphasize of theming a team relating to space and also where Neil Armstrong was born in that town it fit's and I also do like the color choices as what other users have said but however the color scheme of your team is too similiar to another minor league baseball team the Charlotte Knights I'll suggest to you McCarthy can you try a different color scheme of your team except however my suggested colors black and brown but also having blue as on one of the jerseys or two of them.

There are dozens of minor league teams that use the same color scheme. Not worried about the colors matching another team.

I am not 100% satisfied with how the moon came out and am working through something a little more stylized that'll fit more with the theme.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived