Buffalo Sabres 2015-16 Concept Uniforms: The Connor McDavid Era

crustin

Good evening everyone! Here is a Buffalo Sabers concept set for hopefully a new era of hockey in a city of Buffalo. The Sabers have seen not much recent success, and with hopefully a new face of the franchise the uniforms could use a refresh as well. I like the look of these, if any of you have suggestions I would love to here them. C&C always appreciated.

CaseyRustin-BUF_zpsfzvvyx3q.png

2u5xnoj.jpg

21kw0t1.jpg

2e2dky0.jpg

no yellow pants please!! they'd get wet like red pants and look terrible

Do you think blue would be better?

Buffalo is not getting McDavid. Sorry.

I am not a Sabers fan but I hope they do that franchise needs some life.

2u5xnoj.jpg

21kw0t1.jpg

2e2dky0.jpg

First, how about learning to spell the team name correctly?

Sabres, not Sab im not even going to spell it that way

Also while I've played with the butter knives logo in blue and gold, as others have said, a tie in into team history would be good, especially using the current logo, even if it is a minor touch, like shoulder patches or on the pants.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Buffalo is a bunch of suckers for history. I think going back to the birth of the franchise and Gilbert Perrault would be the way to go if you're truly trying to reinvigorate realistically.

That said, aesthetically, I'm unsure of several uses of gold in this concept. I'm not a fan of gold pants, especially with a blue home helmet. The shoulder patches blend in to the yoke on the home, and I don't know about gold numbers on the away. I'm also unsure of the way there is a heavy use of black in the logo but not in the jersey at all. I'm not saying use black, but the butter knives logo worked well in its day with the black because black was a main color.

I do appreciate the use of royal blue over navy.

I also have a clear bias because Buffalo is my team and I think that their original uniforms with the pant stripe and excessive sock striping were some of the best.

Buffalo is not getting McDavid. Sorry.

I am not a Sabers fan but I hope they do that franchise needs some life.

I have him going to either Arizona, Carolina, Toronto.

For the jersey I really like the sabres without the buffalos. I like the red alternate jersey from 2001-05, which probably explains why.

Row The Boat!! RoWINg!! R.T.B!!

YELLOW!! JACKETS!!

• 7 months later...

Think the blues gotta be navy still, and would like to see the buffalo still on the main logo, but overall I appreciate the fresh take on it. Perhaps three stipes on the elbow would look sharp?

Definite potential, think it needs a bit of refining still.

Archived