Lights Out's NFL 2015: Entire League Complete!

Lights Out

UIvhfIz.png

With free agency starting up, NFL football is on our minds again even in March, so what better time to post some NFL concepts? Unlike previous series I've embarked on, I've actually finished the entire league in advance, so I will post them division-by-division. I'm using a custom template based on Nike's style guide. First up...

YHhhFie.png

BEl6ska.png

The Bills get an updated logo, striping based on the "streak" in the logo, and the return of the red helmets. I also decided to bring back the "nickel" color they used to wear because it looked nice and was significant to the region.

TsQYWDO.png

otcTpqb.png

3zNz5j7.png

TJUq3aD.png

I know the sun-ray striping has become cliche for Dolphins concepts, but it's a nice way to work in more orange to a look that badly needs it. Other than that, their look doesn't change much.

h2rU65M.png

Mg7wl6j.png

XMgAEJU.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qswqRk3.png

The Patriots' current uniforms are among the worst in the league and badly need a change. This look mixes in elements from the original 1993 "Flying Elvis" uniforms (color scheme, pants stripe, number outlines), the late-'90s set (red facemask, sublimated stripes), and the current set (number/NOB font).

adTkPXy.png

dqidhTa.png

WqToSka.png

PjOrgJY.png

The Jets get a sorely-needed modernization, with a striping pattern heavily based on their old jet logo.

ZZbsbDb.png

EO86VjU.png

xLmjWVv.png

jMaXNsj.png

3iVEC7p.png

The Ravens get a sorely-needed logo change and a purple sheen effect to their helmets and pants (similar to the Jaguars' previous helmets), but other than that, their look doesn't change much.

EXFQFbI.png

CDNBy4q.png

MQmir9l.png

i2akn5w.png

The Bengals' Arena League-caliber garbage is gone in favor of something more akin to their Super Bowl-era uniforms. The only major change here is that I worked in some kelly green trim. The signage around Paul Brown Stadium utilizes a lot of green, and I personally love the way it looks with their colors.

xWe2tt7.png

ruihpXq.png

1ZxiOTC.png

xLmjWVv.png

gMmv7LD.png

The Browns' classic striping gets a modern Nike twist, "interrupted" by the TV numbers similarly to the early '90s Dallas Stars' sweaters.

oJZTw2k.png

5yMrwXU.png

TiRPa9p.png

Sublimated diamondplate is another Concepts forum cliche, but it makes a lot more sense for the Steelers than it ever did for Oregon. Additionally, their hideously-ugly sleeve stripes are replaced by a simpler, sleeker striping pattern.

gPWClLE.png

2OxwqJS.png

vkipXLl.png

xLmjWVv.png

• Bills - Upgrade, tho not a fan of the red jersey. Otherwise a solid set

Dolphins - Cant decide if I love or hate the sunrays... Ill call it a push.

Pats - I always liked the striped unis, so I really like this set. But I still hate the flying elvis, kill him off and go new.

Jets - best of the bunch, save for the pencil thin line from the jet. make it bolder on the helmet, I could even do with out any letters or word, just a richer version of that jet. Love the jerseys

Browns - Solid, the tv number interupted stripes work on a sublimated section of the jersey, so its cool.

Steelers - If anyone should have diamond plate, it IS the steelers. Well done

Ravens - Not liking the gradient pants.

Bengals - You added a little green trim, add some to the numbers as well. It looks a little incomplete otherwise.

Browns - Not a fan of brown pants, but these are a big step forward if they were to decide to keep them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I remember when the Bills wore that shade of blue and it was unviersally panned by all critics. Plus there are too many teams that already use navy blue as their primary color. I like the move to a red helmet as too many teams wear white helmets.

As a Patriots, I would to put the striped jerseys in our rear-view mirror, as they are not remember fondly. Actually, all of Patriot nation rejoiced when the Pats switched over to their current unis. Maybe a clean-up or moderization of our current jerseys would work great.

I don't know why people keep using the Dolphins current, awful font for concepts.

Ravens - Not liking the gradient pants.

Bengals - You added a little green trim, add some to the numbers as well. It looks a little incomplete otherwise.

Browns - Not a fan of brown pants, but these are a big step forward if they were to decide to keep them.

Just to clarify: the Ravens' pants ideally wouldn't have a gradient in real life. I'd envision metallic black pants with purple "flakes" to match the sheen on the helmet. A gradient is really the only way to get that idea across on-screen, though.

As for the Bengals, I decided not to add green outlines to the numbers because I already used double-outlined numbers on a lot of other teams, so I didn't want to go overboard with that design element.

xLmjWVv.png

My thoughts for what they're worth........and this is just my opinion.......Lord knows not everybody always agrees with my designs......

Bills: Not wild about the navy. Too reminiscent of the hideous Bledsoe era unis.

Dolphins: I see what you're going for, but this is way too modern to me. It screams college football marketing ploy.

Jets: Love it. I think it could be even better if you ditched the "NY" from the helmet, enlarged the jet shape and rotated it so that it points up like it's taking off.

Patriots: I don't care for the striping. And the bright red numbers on the bright blue jerseys hurts my eyes.

Ravens: Hate the redone logo. Not sure what's going on with the pants.

Bengals: Ditch the green.

Browns: Love it, less the grey.

Steelers: Love the "stars" on the sleeve stripes. I may borrow that idea for my own redesign if you don't mind.

As you know, you and I have never had much common ground when it comes to football uniforms. So I'm sure it comes as no surprise that, to be honest, I wouldn't want to see any of these actually happen.

That being said, I just wanted to say I think you're a pretty good designer, regardless of my personal taste. These are all clean, well thought-out, and most important of all, they are really consistent in following a specific vision. You have a good handle on your own agenda, in terms of style, if that makes sense.

The best thing I'll say about these is, even though there isn't one design (so far) I'd go to bat for in any real-world situation, I'm still really interested, and I'm going to keep checking back.

As you know, you and I have never had much common ground when it comes to football uniforms. So I'm sure it comes as no surprise that, to be honest, I wouldn't want to see any of these actually happen.

That being said, I just wanted to say I think you're a pretty good designer, regardless of my personal taste. These are all clean, well thought-out, and most important of all, they are really consistent in following a specific vision. You have a good handle on your own agenda, in terms of style, if that makes sense.

The best thing I'll say about these is, even though there isn't one design (so far) I'd go to bat for in any real-world situation, I'm still really interested, and I'm going to keep checking back.

Thanks! I've generally liked most of your football concepts as well, so maybe our tastes aren't that much different after all.

xLmjWVv.png

jYrmFLA.png

1MJZiaO.png

The Texans' current uniforms are okay, but kind of have that "generic team from a movie" or "FCS team's catalog-ordered uniforms" look to them. They don't really stand out in any particular way. For my concept, I gave them an asymmetrical look based on their logo, including a two-toned helmet - which surprisingly isn't unprecedented in football. Their rarely-used alternate logo makes an appearance on the pants, which are kept otherwise plain in order to keep the focus on the helmet and jersey sleeves.

xJOH8Up.png

anS8MEZ.png

REyZVwl.png

ptqBHmX.png

The Colts get some sorely-needed striping consistency, as well as some more color with the reintroduction of blue facemasks and the mid-'90s blue road pants. I also brought back the pants horseshoes because they were a cool and unique element.

7D916Uh.png

b4GPiji.png

xLmjWVv.png

60iFIg1.png

The teal-flaked helmets return (and should have never gone away in the first place). Like with the Ravens, the Jaguars' black pants would have a teal metallic sheen to them in order to match the helmet. Teal replaces black as the main color of the set, like it was originally.

d9NZeDt.png

Mw5xSNn.png

6wlZTwr.png

xC7Dg9d.png

The Titans get a new color scheme - black for Vanderbilt, orange for the Vols, and light blue (albeit a unique shade) to honor the history of the Oilers/Titans franchise. The jerseys maintain the yokes that they've had since changing their name to the Titans, but with some outlines to set them apart from the main color. I changed the helmet and pants striping, however, in order to have more consistency across the entire uniform.

HTsaV91.png

6qpqXoO.png

a2h1w47.png

xLmjWVv.png

Archived