Silent's Sports Signatures - All Sports Championships & "Where I Come From" (WNBA added!)

Silent Wind of Doom

Hi! This is my first post and I would like to spruce up my signature a little bit. So could you please do...

TCUs national championships, BCS bowl wins, and Big 12 titles

Detroit Tigers division titles and World Series wins

Detroit Lions division titles and Super Bowl wins

Dallas Mavericks division titles and Playoff wins

And Bayern Munich UEFA Cup Titles and league championships

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

5v7ho6.jpg27xqdyc.jpg2igdobp.jpgbij8tw.jpg

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo. Finally got Skinny39's high school request done. Here's that:

21ord47.jpg

And here's BMBotos314's. I included the East German olympic gold. Let me know if you'd prefer that not be included. Wasn't sure. I also included a Black Eagle to the flag. Let me know if you just want me to include the flag. Usually unless otherwise instructed I use the country flag for national teams, although I sometimes include cultural flourishes. I included the Polish eagle on their flag for one I did in the original thread.

bij8tw.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Woo. Finally got Skinny39's high school request done. Here's that:

21ord47.jpg

And here's BMBotos314's. I included the East German olympic gold. Let me know if you'd prefer that not be included. Wasn't sure. I also included a Black Eagle to the flag. Let me know if you just want me to include the flag. Usually unless otherwise instructed I use the country flag for national teams, although I sometimes include cultural flourishes. I included the Polish eagle on their flag for one I did in the original thread.

bij8tw.jpg

Thanks!!! And yes I would keep the Black Eagle on Germany. It looks great!

5v7ho6.jpg27xqdyc.jpg2igdobp.jpgbij8tw.jpg

I hate to be that guy, but I'm obsessed with the Packers and Packers lore, so I have some suggestions/criticisms. I've liked your sigs for MBurmy and WissX, but I don't think the logos for the Pack in the late 1920's to 1930's is accurate because the interlocking GB logo was introduced in the late 1950's for the coaches hats. And a thing to add is that while the colors are correct for that period for the most part, the Packers did have a kelly green jersey in 1936. My knowledge of Packers history is that the only "logo" the Packers had before the 1960's were various wordmarks and as a result their helmets were just color designs. Also, while there was no trophy for the 1929-31 Packers, pocket watches have surfaced in numerous auctions from player during the champion season which leads me to believe that's what they were given instead. So to make a long reply short, here's my solution/version of the early packers logos with a couple of my own versions of the later logos:

e9KMB8V.png

Again, I don't want to come of as a dick or anything, I've loved these signature for years without knowing who did them and subsequently making my own. I would also like to know where you found your older logos, because I've never seen the one in the circle before.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

I hate to be that guy, but I'm obsessed with the Packers and Packers lore, so I have some suggestions/criticisms. I've liked your sigs for MBurmy and WissX, but I don't think the logos for the Pack in the late 1920's to 1930's is accurate because the interlocking GB logo was introduced in the late 1950's for the coaches hats. And a thing to add is that while the colors are correct for that period for the most part, the Packers did have a kelly green jersey in 1936. My knowledge of Packers history is that the only "logo" the Packers had before the 1960's were various wordmarks and as a result their helmets were just color designs. Also, while there was no trophy for the 1929-31 Packers, pocket watches have surfaced in numerous auctions from player during the champion season which leads me to believe that's what they were given instead. So to make a long reply short, here's my solution/version of the early packers logos with a couple of my own versions of the later logos:

e9KMB8V.png

Again, I don't want to come of as a dick or anything, I've loved these signature for years without knowing who did them and subsequently making my own. I would also like to know where you found your older logos, because I've never seen the one in the circle before.

It's fine. I know where you're coming from. I get the urge to help people out with stuff just like you did just now. I went back in search of plenty of stuff while working on Green Bay. I could find nothing. Usually, if there's no logo, I'll go with a helmet stripe, but the Pack lacked even that. I couldn't just leave it blank, though. Now, in the Acme years, of course, they had the iconic uniforms they like throwing back to, the ones with the yellow circle around their numbers. Naturally, though, I didn't want to use a number to represent the entire team, but I also didn't want to leave a blank circle, so I used the interlocking GB they started using in 56 to replace the number with. I had absolutely friggin' nothing for the intervening years, and inspection of their uniforms year by year yielded nothing usable, so I just decided to use the GB as well, simply as a way of saying it was Green Bay. Packers is tough fitting into 13 pixels, and when I first saw your version, it looked like a steamroller or a train engine. XD

As for the awards, I did use pins and watched for pre-Commissioner's Trophy baseball, but I had a resource to find awards for the whole league. If you're aware of such awards for the other pre-trophy champs, I don't know if I want to include the watch. It would be a unique thing for the Packers, and may make it look like they won their own special award or weren't competing for the NFL championship with everyone else.

By the by, your work does look pretty cool. If it wasn't too hard to put together, you might want to offer your services to everyone else.

spacer.png

spacer.png

e9KMB8V.png

It's fine. I know where you're coming from. I get the urge to help people out with stuff just like you did just now. I went back in search of plenty of stuff while working on Green Bay. I could find nothing. Usually, if there's no logo, I'll go with a helmet stripe, but the Pack lacked even that. I couldn't just leave it blank, though. Now, in the Acme years, of course, they had the iconic uniforms they like throwing back to, the ones with the yellow circle around their numbers. Naturally, though, I didn't want to use a number to represent the entire team, but I also didn't want to leave a blank circle, so I used the interlocking GB they started using in 56 to replace the number with. I had absolutely friggin' nothing for the intervening years, and inspection of their uniforms year by year yielded nothing usable, so I just decided to use the GB as well, simply as a way of saying it was Green Bay. Packers is tough fitting into 13 pixels, and when I first saw your version, it looked like a steamroller or a train engine. XD

As for the awards, I did use pins and watched for pre-Commissioner's Trophy baseball, but I had a resource to find awards for the whole league. If you're aware of such awards for the other pre-trophy champs, I don't know if I want to include the watch. It would be a unique thing for the Packers, and may make it look like they won their own special award or weren't competing for the NFL championship with everyone else.

By the by, your work does look pretty cool. If it wasn't too hard to put together, you might want to offer your services to everyone else.

Ok, now I know where the GB was coming from, and the circle now, thanks for the clarification! I agree the squished Packers does look like a steamroller now that I look at it again (cannot unsee :D). The watch thing was just an interesting thing I found, similar to putting rings for baseball like you did, so I'm not offended if you don't use it. If you keep the Packers the way you had them, I'd just say that in 1931, the Pack didn't have the classic circle number unis from 1929-1930 and I think there's some weird shade of green around the G for the ones before the gold ring was added (1961-67).

It's funny that you mention my work as good, because I didn't like the lack of space for future years, so I'm making a new signature as I write this mimicking the inside of stadiums where the years are posted.

I have the Packers and Brewers done, and I'm working on the Bucks. (Packers and Brewers, let me know what you think:

iGLqJZy.png

rPANJNv.png)

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Can I get the following Championships:

"LA" Angels of Anaheim- West Division '79,'82,'86,'04,'05,'07,'08,'09,'14- Wild Card '02- AL Pennant '02- World Series '02

Anaheim Ducks- Pacific Division '07,'13,'14,'15- West Conference '03,'07- Stanley Cup '07

Los Angeles Clippers- Pacific Division '13,'14

Los Angeles Rams- NFL West Divison '49- NFL Coastal Divison '67,'69- NFC West Divison '73,'74,'75,'76,'77,'78,'79,'85- NFL National Conference '50,'51- NFL Western Conference '55- NFC Conference '79- NFL Championship '51

St Louis Rams- NFC West Division '99,'01,'03- NFC Conference '99,'01- Super Bowl '99

Los Angeles Galaxy- MLS Western Conference '96,'99,'01,'02,'05,'09,'11,'12,'14- US Open Cup '01,'05- Supporters Shield '98,'02,'10,'11- MLS Cup '02,'05,'11,'12,'14- CONCACAF Champions '00

Sorry if it's a lot. I'm one of those guys who love the whole history of their teams.

Thanks in Advance!!!

No problem, Anaheim. This is why I did the big five in advance. Now it takes just a couple secs to put those together. I usually only include the top award in each season, but since you seem to be specifying you want everything, I gave you everything. I switched the Galaxy and Rams, to balance things out. If you prefer the order you gave me, let me know.

2ly0a2r.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Got it done, zigzag. Here you go. Sorry about the Raptors:

2djqejd.jpg

One of the reasons it took so long was because I've been doing some experimentation and found the exact size where the forum starts shrinking images. If you'd like me to redo your champion sig in a manner that allows it to be seen full size, let me know and I'll put it together. I've already applied to fix to my own sig, but I don't want to make the whole affair too big. I'll wait to apply it until A-Rod is a distant memory and I take off the third part of my sig. Let me demonstrate the difference, though:

Original version:

ifvfj6.jpg

Reformatted to fit the size restraints version:

fdsv91.jpg

I can also chop it up into smaller images you can place side-by-side, like so:

2u7anfd.jpg33ng30p.jpg

I'll cut images up for people if they've got a lot to show off, but please don't abuse the changes to make your signature ginormous. Be mindful of how much space you're taking up. I already kind of think I'm responsible for the current image restrictions on the forums (especially after someone used six Where I Come From images in one sig), and I'd hate for further restriction to come about. >_>;

spacer.png

spacer.png

could you do a marquette lacrosse one?

Silent has made an updated Ravens sig with Ray Lewis on it instead of boller icymi

spacer.png

could you do a marquette lacrosse one?

Silent has made an updated Ravens sig with Ray Lewis on it instead of boller icymi

Maybe he likes Boller. XD

By the by, Crabcakes, I hope you and yours have been all right through all the craziness.

Here you go, Thatlaxgoalie. I hope it's up to snuff:

2cgzuhe.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've remade everything that I'd done from the last thread except for one thing: The FIFA World Cup. That World Cup has come and passed,and it's kind of awkward to post something that's a year outdated. I can't do EVERYTHING because there's hundreds of teams worldwide. So, I decided to split the middle and take ten teams from each confederation based on their World Cup appearances and success with local tournaments (twenty from UEFA, naturally). So, let's start delving into world soccer, starting in alphabetical order with the AFC...

Asian Football Conference

6pycts.jpg

23tpl6h.jpg

295wwmv.jpg

156sead.jpg

mbpje9.jpg

eba6ns.jpg

34h73ua.jpg

xdw9c2.jpg

s3hwye.jpg

fc87r4.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Absolutely silent, your work has been fantastic and I just want to say thank you so much for catering to my requests. Everything looks awesome.

spacer.png

I was going to apologize for taking so long, but I didn't realize it's only been one day. I guess my weird sleep habits currently and my long crazy dreams have been screwing with my timeline.

I had trouble with this, given that I don't understand a word of any of the team's chants and songs, so I decided to go with the good old Bayernhymne, even though the colors it refers to (in the Bavarian flag) aren't the colors the team uses. If you'd like something else, or have a better idea of what you want it to say, let me know.

1rb7dw.jpg

Man, you have no clue how much I wish I'd made these of a size where you could fit two on a line. Unfortunately, I'd spent a month and a half to redo them already, and I'd need to drop everything and take another month and a half to finagle the length into a new way. I wonder if there's any way on the forum of formatting size...

EDIT- WOOT!!! 200 posts, mofo!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived