Coolisiana

So I've been working for the Louisiana IceGators for the past two years, and they've sort of outgrown their current primary so to speak. The green they're using now does not match their logo, and Yellow has been phased out completely, I'm just learning adobe illustrator and whipped these up, it's a primary and an alternate, I just want to know what y'all think, if I'm heading in the right direction or whatever. C&C welcomed.
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/austinbauman045/media/ICEGATORS4_zpsxbkkj8ot.png.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/austinbauman045/ICEGATORS%20ALT_zpsfu4svojv.png

I like the Acadiana flag, but the fleur de lis and the castle need a bit of touching up. The gator also needs some work. It needs some shading to accent the different features instead of just a green silhouette pretty much. All in all, though, not too bad for just learning Illustrator.

PS: Nice to have another person from Louisiana around here!

spacer.png

We takin over!!

I agree on the prior comments on the Acadiana flag. I think I'd get rid of the cap on the hockey stick. The primary is a good idea but needs refinement. Does anyone else see different shades of green between the 2 logos?

gYH2mW9.png

Does anyone else see different shades of green between the 2 logos?

Yes I do.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Guest darkpiranha

Actually (another Louisianan here, Lake Charles), I think he should explore the single shade on the gator even more. I always always see gators done in multishades of green, so it was neat to see it in a single color. I'm thinking it can be like the Lightning or Red Wings. Simple, flat, iconic.

That said, I don't think this is quite it yet. But I love the overall shape and angle of the gator. All the teeth manage to show without it looking wonky. Just keep on refining it.

Archived