2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

Might as well get things rolling for those teams whose seasons end on Sunday.

Multiple sources are saying that Harbaugh is drinking the Wolverine musk and the deal is all but signed.

https://twitter.com/JoePequenoCBS5/status/548636533889040384

He will address team Sunday, announcement Tuesday at Ann Arbor, according to this reporter Joe Pequeno and a Big 10 guy in Minneapolis Dave Berggren.

This leaves the Bears inevitable collapse in a far less amusing position, as they will no doubt hire Shanahan or, hilariously, Dave Toub to be their next head coach. It will all be a smoldering mess for years to come.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing 100% about any of this, of course. Until Sunday afternoon, this is all hearsay.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ah yes, Black Monday. Lots of action happening. I see coaches out in Chicago, SF, NY Jets, possibly Oakland as well. And you never know about Washington. I think thier owner (Snyder) has "caught" whatever Al Davis had. Because he is just plain nuts! I can see the "D" coach in AZ (Boles) getting a shot. He is more than ready, and could quickly re-vitalize a team (like Chicago) that has a history as a "great" defensive team. It would be funny to see Harbaugh move from SF to Oakland, but I think he is Michigan bound (IMHO).

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Twitter world is abuzz this morning with more-or-less confirmation that Harbaugh is going to Michigan. It's done, in my mind. I'd love to see Bowles coach the Bears, but the comparisons to Lovie would happen immediately. Black, southern, bald, defensive-minded. That said, the guy knows his stuff and deserves a shot. It'd be better than going with Shanahan, at any rate.

I'm curious to see just how far the Bears go with their firings. Ted Philips needs to be relegated into a less official role w/ the football side of things - the guy is an accountant. Bring in NFL guys to do NFL jobs. Emery's alright with me, but if he must go, so be it.

twitter

What makes anyone think that Todd Bowles or any coorinator is "ready" for an NFL coaching job? Bowles has bounced around a bit, and really was nothing special as DB coach and then DC in Phila (though he took over as DC mid season). It seems like every year, some team's offense or defense has a good year, and then everyone looks to see who the coordinator is and annoints them the next hot HC candidate, when being a HC requires a different skillset, and there could be a lot of reasons for a unit's success that may or maynot have anything to do with the coordinator.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shh, BBTV. BOWLES IS READY. HE MUST BE IF HE IS THE BEARS COACH, RIGHT!?

LOOK, I'M POURING GASOLINE ALL OVER MYSELF, IT SMELLS GREAT, AND IT'S CHEAP, TOO! YOU WANT ME TO LIGHT THIS MATCH? DO YOU!?!?

twitter

What makes anyone think that Todd Bowles or any coorinator is "ready" for an NFL coaching job? Bowles has bounced around a bit, and really was nothing special as DB coach and then DC in Phila (though he took over as DC mid season). It seems like every year, some team's offense or defense has a good year, and then everyone looks to see who the coordinator is and annoints them the next hot HC candidate, when being a HC requires a different skillset, and there could be a lot of reasons for a unit's success that may or maynot have anything to do with the coordinator.

Bowles is one of the last young(er) coaches from the Bill Parcells coaching tree, DAL version, who has yet to be a HC. Payton, Zimmer, Sparano, Haley all got jobs from his Cowboys staff.

Early speculation is that the Bears will look to hire Chris Ballard from the Chiefs to be the new GM. Ballard was...*sigh* ... a former scout and personnel guy under Jerry Angelo & worked with Phil Emery.

It would be the most Bears thing that has ever Bears'd.

twitter

Bowles is one of the last young(er) coaches from the Bill Parcells coaching tree, DAL version, who has yet to be a HC. Payton, Zimmer, Sparano, Haley all got jobs from his Cowboys staff.

I'm not sure if that's an endorsement of Bowles or just a statement of fact. If the latter, then cool - that's interesting. If the former... then I don't get it. Of those names, Payton is the only one that I know of that's amounted to anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Draft top 20:

1 Tampa Bay

2 Tennessee

3 Jacksonville

4 Oakland

5 Washington

6 NY Jets

7 Chicago

8 Atlanta

9 NY Giants

10 St. Louis

11 Minnesota

12 Cleveland

13 New Orleans

14 Miami

15 San Francisco

16 Houston

17 San Diego

18 Kansas City

19 Cleveland (from BUF)

20 Philadelphia

I can see where people would be hesitant to hire Boles from the Cards as a HC. (another "hot" DC on thier first HC job) But everyone starts somewhere, and I would not mind him staying in AZ. Its a bunch of "what if's" but Arians' (Super Serious NFL Coach of the Year Canidate!) and his staff in AZ did a superior job with all the injuries and still making the playoffs (with no real NFL QB) and still almost won thier division. Man I would have loved to see AZ at "full strength".

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Jets fire their GM and Rex Ryan. Black Monday begins.

edit: Falcons will fire Mike Smith. Bears fire Phil Emery.

twitter

Trestman's gone too, that weird little twerp.

Fare thee well. What an uncomfortable, spineless chump he turned out to be. I don't know how much faith I have in the Bears to redeem themselves, but at least they have the awareness to tear down this whole mess.

twitter

Trestman's gone too, that weird little twerp.

Fare thee well. What an uncomfortable, spineless chump he turned out to be. I don't know how much faith I have in the Bears to redeem themselves, but at least they have the awareness to tear down this whole mess.

I envision a Mike Shanahan in the Bears future. :oops:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Bears won't give a coach his fourth job. They don't even give guys their second. It'll probably be Dave Toub because the McCaskeys know him and he'll make them feel comfortable and remind them of the good Lovie years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived