2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles have agreed to trade LeSean McCoy to the Bills for LB Kiko Alonzo.

Apparently Alonzo is an Oregon guy so maybe Chip Kelly likes him, but is he good? I've never heard of him (not that I've heard of a lot of non-superstar players.)

I knew McCoy was likely to have to restructure due to his cap number, or be traded as part of their quest to get Mariota, but I didn't expect this. A top 2 or 3 RB for a linebacker? And now the Eagles have... Darren Sprowles and Chris Polk in the backfield? Wow.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572903839977885696

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eagles have agreed to trade LeSean McCoy to the Bills for LB Kiko Alonzo.

Apparently Alonzo is an Oregon guy so maybe Chip Kelly likes him, but is he good? I've never heard of him (not that I've heard of a lot of non-superstar players.)

I knew McCoy was likely to have to restructure due to his cap number, or be traded as part of their quest to get Mariota, but I didn't expect this. A top 2 or 3 RB for a linebacker? And now the Eagles have... Darren Sprowles and Chris Polk in the backfield? Wow.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572903839977885696

Kiko was really good* his rookie year, but last off-season, he tore his ACL and missed the entire season.

*-Good, but remember he had Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus on the defensive line. Jim Schwartz had that defense playing well last year without him. Rex Ryan must see him as expendable and Shady will replace the oft-injured CJ Spiller who hits free agency.

So who replaces McCoy? Polk would be the best in-house option, but who could they sign in free agency or via trade?

My Top 3-

1. DeMarco Murray

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Reggie Bush

RB doesn't really matter too much anymore. Especially in their offense, you could probably plug any avg-to-above-average back in there and be fine... as long as you have good QB play.

They have a very strong line, and it's going to get even stronger if they spend some of this new-found money on a replacement for RG Todd Herremans.

So now in consecutive off seasons they dropped Deshawn Jackson and LeSean McCoy for nothing. How many teams just essentially cut two players of that caliber?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love this for the Bills. They didn't really miss Alonso last year, Fred Jackson will eventually get old (even though I love him), and I don't think CJ Spiller is the answer.

If only they had a QB...

Thank you Eagles.

Shady McCoy was literally the only Eagles player that you HAD to pay attention to. He made that entire offense better.

Foles is going to have a rough season next year. Can't wait.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So who replaces McCoy? Polk would be the best in-house option, but who could they sign in free agency or via trade?

My Top 3-

1. DeMarco Murray

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Reggie Bush

Reports are coming out saying that if the Cowboys offer to Murray is any where close to his offers from other teams, he'll stay. I don't think Murray is leaving. He's also already stated that he wants to win a Super Bowl above all else so he'll sign with the team that he feels gives him the best chance, which again, is the Cowboys.

Reports are coming out saying that if the Cowboys offer to Murray is any where close to his offers from other teams, he'll stay. I don't think Murray is leaving. He's also already stated that he wants to win a Super Bowl above all else so he'll sign with the team that he feels gives him the best chance, which again, is the Cowboys.

This probably isn't a really good "deal assumption", but I see Dallas probably dropping a line and casting out a 4-year deal or something. Not too long, not too short though.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

This probably isn't a really good "deal assumption", but I see Dallas probably dropping a line and casting out a 4-year deal or something. Not too long, not too short though.

4 years for $16MM has been on the table for Murray since September, and he has well out-performed that.

However, his 392 carries from last season puts him ready to be bit by the Curse of 370.

Reggie Bush wouldn't be a bad fit at all for the Eagles offense it seems... perfect back who won't have to handle a full workload and can catch out of the backfield.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'd like Reggie Bush on the Eagles, I think he would do well in that system.

He is a RB who turned 30 yesterday and had ankle issues all last season. No team will get much out of him.
Yea last year he did, what's to say he will have that type of year again? Year before last was a very good year, in the right system he can flourish. I think he can in chips system.

He is a RB who turned 30 yesterday and had ankle issues all last season. No team will get much out of him.
Yea last year he did, what's to say he will have that type of year again? Year before last was a very good year, in the right system he can flourish. I think he can in chips system.

The numbers on already-injured RBs having good seasons after age 30 are really bad dude.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Murray is such a tricky item for the Cowboys. I mean he was the most productive back in the league last year, but was injury riddled the two seasons before that. I love what he brings to the team, but I worry that last season was a fluke and he can't keep that up.

He had a ton of touches in 2014, & certain to see a lot fewer in 2015, there really is no way he'll be as prolific again yes?

I guess Dallas figures as much & isn't scared to lose him, even if they won't want to.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Murray is such a tricky item for the Cowboys. I mean he was the most productive back in the league last year, but was injury riddled the two seasons before that. I love what he brings to the team, but I worry that last season was a fluke and he can't keep that up.

He's too important for this team to not sign him. I think the Cowboys are just about to enter a 2-3 year championship window. I'm sure Murray believes that too.

The numbers on already-injured RBs having good seasons after age 30 are really bad dude.

All RB's are off injured anyways, so what's the difference here?? Plus not everybody is gonna have bad years after 30.

Archived