2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell? I go off the grid for a day and come back to see the eagles let Maclin go (essentially a cut since they could easily have signed him or franchised him) and sign frank gore and a cb from Seattle that everyone seems to say is a solid player but I've never seen myself?

They also give Mark Sanchez $9M to come back? WTF.

They are absolutely making a big move to get Mariota. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. They're accumulating cap money (somewhere between 50 and 60 M before these signings and assuming Maclin won't be resigned) to sign everyone they can in FA because they know they won't have good draft picks this year or next, and they bring back Sanchez because Nick Foles will be part of the big trade.

Kelly believes that his system will score points, and players will stop other teams from scoring. The two months starting last week with the McCoy trade will shape the future of this team either amazingly great or historically bad for the next 10 years. If the latter, Kelly will bail by 2017.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What the hell? I go off the grid for a day and come back to see the eagles let Maclin go (essentially a cut since they could easily have signed him or franchised him) and sign frank gore and a cb from Seattle that everyone seems to say is a solid player but I've never seen myself?

They are absolutely making a big move to get Mariota. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. They're accumulating cap money (somewhere between 50 and 60 M before these signings and assuming Maclin won't be resigned) to sign everyone they can in FA because they know they won't have good draft picks this year or next, and they bring back Sanchez because Nick Foles will be part of the big trade.

Kelly believes that his system will score points, and players will stop other teams from scoring. The two months starting last week with the McCoy trade will shape the future of this team either amazingly great or historically bad for the next 10 years. If the latter, Kelly will bail by 2017.

Out: Cole, Graham, Maclin, McCoy, Williams

In: Alonso, Gore, Maxwell

The Sanchez contract is similar to what veteran starting QBs, who now backups get. See Henne (JAX).

They need an edge rusher and starting WR just as bad as a QB. Riley Cooper and Jordan Matthews aren't scaring anybody. This is the best pass rusher class since 2011 (Miller, Watt, Quinn, Kerrigan, Smith, and Jordan).

Out: Cole, Graham, Maclin, McCoy, Williams

In: Alonso, Gore, Maxwell

The Sanchez contract is similar to what veteran starting QBs, who now backups get. See Henne (JAX).

They need an edge rusher and starting WR just as bad as a QB. Riley Cooper and Jordan Matthews aren't scaring anybody. This is the best pass rusher class since 2011 (Miller, Watt, Quinn, Kerrigan, Smith, and Jordan).

I don't know who's out there in FA but I imagine any holes will need to be filled that way vs the draft if they're thinking what I think they're thinking. Jordan Matthews is going to be good, but not a #1. I don't think Chip thinks he needs #1s anywhere on offense (except the line, and we'll see if that's true if they cut Evan Mathis or Jason peters).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Report: Colin Kaepernick looks to be on his way out of Frisco -- 49ers currently shopping their starting QB.

Even if it turns out false, I could believe it. The Yorks got their stadium. Now it's just counting down to the inevitable part where they rip the copper out of the pipes, pack up the toilet paper and staplers, and sell the franchise for a billion or so.

Inheriting megawealth is a great gig. I'd like that job for a bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Report: Colin Kaepernick looks to be on his way out of Frisco -- 49ers currently shopping their starting QB.

I think I posted months ago that I heard one of the "insiders" speculate that this would happen, and that the Eagles would take him. It would certainly be easier for them than moving up to get mariota (though I read a report that the jets want Nick Foles and would make the deal for only an extra 1 and maybe a 2 or 3 if mariota was there when they pick) and they seem to be content with giving up draft picks anyway. Kelly supposedly always liked him, so maybe there's a fit there.

Even if it turns out false, I could believe it. The Yorks got their stadium. Now it's just counting down to the inevitable part where they rip the copper out of the pipes, pack up the toilet paper and staplers, and sell the franchise for a billion or so.

Inheriting megawealth is a great gig. I'd like that job for a bit.

Have been waiting for the moment that the Yorks would sell since day 1. Of course they had to get their new digs first to raise the franchise value. Yorks please go! Please!

I think I posted months ago that I heard one of the "insiders" speculate that this would happen, and that the Eagles would take him.

Well, the insiders may have nailed it. Reports have Philly and SF in talks for Kaep.

6uXNWAo.png

Apparently Orlando Franklin is headed to the Chargers. Great get for Telesco, our offensive line has been trash for years and we definitely needed some legit talent. It's also nice that it's at Denver's expense.

He's solid at tackle. Wasn't all that great when Denver moved him inside. Was the most penalized player on an offensive line that lead the league in penalties. Not a huge loss, but there might not be a deep enough market to really replace him for Denver.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived