2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

8078867-large.jpg
AH :censored:IN' SON OF A BITCH THEY FINALLY :censored:IN' FIRED ME. GIMME ALL THESE LOUSY GODDAMN ROSTERS WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS GONNA HAPPEN. YEAH, I GUESS I DESERVE IT, YOU GOT ME, YOU OLD BASTARD. AH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA DO, RIGHT? AH WELL, BIG WHEEL KEEPS TURNIN' OR WHATEVER. I OUGHTA GO TO CHICAGO AND EGG THAT CUTLER DOUCHE'S CAR. OR JUST THAT CUTLER DOUCHE. WHO WANTS PIZZA. I'M BUYIN'.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Kyle Orton retired today? Would have been nice to know, so they could have tried out E.J. Manuel in a meaningless Week 17 game. Looking back, there were a bunch of sacks where it seemed like he didn't even try to get away and some runs where he'd slide short to avoid a lot of contact. I really wonder how long ago he decided this.

I'm watching the Bears press conference on Fox Sports 1; they're hiring Ernie Accorsi as a consultant to help them find a new coach. The look on George McCaskey's face looks like one that had his ass chewed-out by his mother (and in a roundabout way, he pretty much admitted so).

Yeah, but Ted Phillips is still in charge of football operations. He's just giving Ted a list of people to sign, like when Ted would hire the search firm. The Bears suck and will suck forever. This was their chance to change the whole way of doing business like the Blackhawks did and they blew it.

Yeah, but Ted Phillips is still in charge of football operations. He's just giving Ted a list of people to sign, like when Ted would hire the search firm. The Bears suck and will suck forever. This was their chance to change the whole way of doing business like the Blackhawks did and they blew it.

Why not start with Phillips and then the GM, Head Coach then move on to getting rid of Cutler and completely tear it down and rebuild it from the ground up?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That's just not the way the Bears do business. One of our reporters just divulged that Rod Marinelli, after Lovie was fired, was asked to interview candidates for Lovie's replacement. Marinelli chose Bruce Arians, or failing that, Darrell Bevell, but not Marc Trestman. Emery chose Trestman anyway. Marinelli resigned in protest, but why was he still working there and being asked to choose his new boss in the first place?

This story actually meshes nicely with the other part about how Bruce Arians turned down the job because the Bears were making him keep Rod Marinelli on as defensive coordinator. That Marinelli quit over choosing the guy who walked away over not being able to fire the guy who chose him is some sort of divide-by-zero of gross organizational incompetence. Seriously, what the hell did I just write?

That's just not the way the Bears do business. One of our reporters just divulged that Rod Marinelli, after Lovie was fired, was asked to interview candidates for Lovie's replacement. Marinelli chose Bruce Arians, or failing that, Darrell Bevell, but not Marc Trestman. Emery chose Trestman anyway. Marinelli resigned in protest, but why was he still working there and being asked to choose his new boss in the first place?

This story actually meshes nicely with the other part about how Bruce Arians turned down the job because the Bears were making him keep Rod Marinelli on as defensive coordinator. That Marinelli quit over choosing the guy who walked away over not being able to fire the guy who chose him is some sort of divide-by-zero of gross organizational incompetence. Seriously, what the hell did I just write?

tumblr_luj7rg_Up_OX1qbgpplo1_500.gif

That had to have been the net effect of trying to mentally process all that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Watching the downfall of Johnny Manziel will be a lot of fun.

What stupid thing will he get caught doing this offseason? What QB will the Browns draft in the first round? I can't wait to find out!

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what I think would be the smart thing for the Browns to do (they won't do this, but they should)?

Cut him. Both him AND Josh Gordon. Eat whatever cap hit they'll eat...but just rid themselves of the problem children NOW.

Sure it may be an unpopular move, especially in Manziel's case...but if this organization is really serious about trying to turn over a new leaf, they can start by kicking those two out the door and in turn send a message that all that extra mess will no longer be tolerated. At all.

But of course that won't happen because...it just won't happen. (At least not with Manziel, anyway. Gordon on the other hand...slightly more plausible, but still most likely won't happen.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Watching the downfall of Johnny Manziel will be a lot of fun.

What stupid thing will he get caught doing this offseason?

I'm going with "throws crazy party, gets caught sleeping with tranny he thought was a girl." Either than or gets into a spat with Money Mayweather in Vegas.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You know what I think would be the smart thing for the Browns to do (they won't do this, but they should)?

Cut him. Both him AND Josh Gordon. Eat whatever cap hit they'll eat...but just rid themselves of the problem children NOW.

Sure it may be an unpopular move, especially in Manziel's case...but if this organization is really serious about trying to turn over a new leaf, they can start by kicking those two out the door and in turn send a message that all that extra mess will no longer be tolerated. At all.

But of course that won't happen because...it just won't happen. (At least not with Manziel, anyway. Gordon on the other hand...slightly more plausible, but still most likely won't happen.)

I agree with you. What do the Browns get by having Manziel on their team? Nothing but trouble, headaches, and terrible play so far. They certainly aren't getting a solid NFL starting quarterback. If Jerry Jones was able to resist taking him that tells you what the league thinks of this kid.

I've said this before - Manziel is Today's Brian Bosworth. Loads of hype, big mouth, good college career, can't play in the pros. The difference is Bosworth wasn't that bad at the NFL level. Injuries cut his career short. I don't think Manziel will even get that much of a shot. And it is great.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^Yeah, that sounds about like something that could happen in Youngstown...

Less than a week after the end of the season, the QB and the coach both quit in Buffalo. I thought we were 9-7? That's not bad? Now Bill Polian might be back as GM? We're blowing the while thing up after our first winning season in 10 years.

Ortman and Marrone both leaving the NFL rather than stay in Buffalo. I thought things were getting better up there. Maybe Thurman Thomas will be their next coach.

Less than a week after the end of the season, the QB and the coach both quit in Buffalo. I thought we were 9-7? That's not bad? Now Bill Polian might be back as GM? We're blowing the while thing up after our first winning season in 10 years.

I don't get it. Orton I'm not surprised by -- he was retired before he played for the Bills. Marrone, though, I don't get. He's under .500 for his career as an NFL coach, and the option I've heard he's interested in -- New York Jets -- is a worse scenario than the Bills.

The Bills were a QB away from 11 wins. They have a new owner. They have a top five defense, even if Hughes leaves. Their receiving corps is on the rise, the running back situation is decent (even if they lose Spiller), and the O-Line will be another year more experienced.

I don't get why Marrone would opt out. I don't think he proved enough in Buffalo to be an exciting candidate, unless there's some kind of deal in place in New York. And again, New York is a mess right now.

I heard Frank Reich might be an option for Buffalo. One of the Seattle coordinators might be worth a look too. But all the same, to go from a +.500 season to rebooting the whole thing is a shame.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's crazy. The Bills' situation isn't that bad. They just need somebody above replacement level to throw the ball to Watkins. Maybe the prospect of coaching a team with EJ Manuel as its starting QB was just too much.

I have to imagine he has something lined up. But did I read the story right: he's gonna get $4 million for 2015 even though he opted out?

Archived