2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Cassel is a much better option over the butt fumble. Also Sanchez got a better deal from philly

I feel bad for Mark Sanchez.

No matter what the dude does, short of winning a Super Bowl, he will always be remembered for running into his teammate's ass.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This seemed like a foregone conclusion since January, but it didn't happen. Former BIlls QB Rob Johnson said in an interview that he talked to Mark and he seemed prepared to land in Buffalo. Has any info come out explaining this decision yet? Was Rex not interested putting more time/effort into the Sanchise? Was it Mark who wasn't interested in returning to Rex's system? I've never been able to fathom anyone viewing Matt Cassel as a better option.

I don't think he or anyone else anticipated Chip Kelly giving him a relly big contract to stay as a backup. Unless you're a young up-and-comer (and even maybe then), being a backup for the Eagles > starting for the Bills.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

id rather have tim tebow

kobe%20bryant%20calls%20dwight%20howard%

he won the same amount as playoff games as romo + after he was released by the broncos, he got no chance to ready prove himself as a veteran quarterback. Sanchez has, and he got a face full of but, and dirt.

Unless you're a young up-and-comer (and even maybe then), being a backup for the Eagles > starting for the Bills.

I would argue Buffalo is a QB away from being a legit Super Bowl contender. Sanchez signed that big contract based on the premise that he had a shot at starting, not because being a backup in Philly would be better than leading a loaded offense in Buffalo.

I still don't understand why the Eagles trades Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. I think that it is a trend of picking Quarterbacks out of USC. Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley, and Rob Johnson. Just don't know what they'll give you.

Compared to

California Berkley: Aaron Rodgers

Stanford: Andrew Luck

Arizona: Nick Foles

Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel on the same team? That's an early 2010s' ACC dream team.

Both much better with their legs than their arms afraid...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

id rather have tim tebow

he won the same amount as playoff games as romo + after he was released by the broncos, he got no chance to ready prove himself as a veteran quarterback. Sanchez has, and he got a face full of but, and dirt.

He got EVERY chance - in multiple training camps. It's no conspiracy - he's just not good at NFL football.

Unless you're a young up-and-comer (and even maybe then), being a backup for the Eagles > starting for the Bills.

I would argue Buffalo is a QB away from being a legit Super Bowl contender. Sanchez signed that big contract based on the premise that he had a shot at starting, not because being a backup in Philly would be better than leading a loaded offense in Buffalo.

He was signed as a backup. He knew it. Of course there's a chance he could start, but he signed knowing full well that he was probably either a backup, or a transitional QB until Mariota was ready. Either way, he knew he wasn't a real starter.

I still don't understand why the Eagles trades Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. I think that it is a trend of picking Quarterbacks out of USC. Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley, and Rob Johnson. Just don't know what they'll give you.

Compared to

Sam Bradford was a chip in a failed trade for Mariota. I think they're just trying to make it work now. I do genuinely feel that Chip Kelly likes him (and didn't like Nick Foles), but I doubt he would have taken on that salary and gotten rid of a young QB for a guy like Bradford unless he thought it was just a means to an end.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Compared to

Neither Nick Foles nor Sam Bradford went to USC.

Compared to

What are you talking about?

Archived