Teams that have looked terrible for their entire history

MNtwins3

Angels. Not sorry.

Not that they've had the worst looks ever (Besides that Disney set), it's just that none of their looks have ever stood out as "great" or even "pretty good." When they're not draped in red, they look like "Red Sox West." (Look at their old fonts and colors and tell me otherwise)

I really wouldn't mind at all if the Angels finally just ditched the blue and went to red and gold instead, with some silver thrown in as well.

I would do the opposite, I would drop the red and go to navy and gold. To me it's always been weird that a team named the Angels would benough wearing red a color associated with devils and demons.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angels. Not sorry.

Not that they've had the worst looks ever (Besides that Disney set), it's just that none of their looks have ever stood out as "great" or even "pretty good." When they're not draped in red, they look like "Red Sox West." (Look at their old fonts and colors and tell me otherwise)

I really wouldn't mind at all if the Angels finally just ditched the blue and went to red and gold instead, with some silver thrown in as well.

I would do the opposite, I would drop the red and go to navy and gold. To me it's always been weird that a team named the Angels would benough wearing red a color associated with devils and demons.

I understand your point but I feel like the Angels identity is too strongly tied to the red to ditch it. I don't think Angel fans would really be thrilled about taking away the red. Of all the red and blue teams in baseball, the Angels have one of the best opportunities of moving away from that and doing something different because the blue has been minimized to a large enough degree, while the silver and gold have enough precedent within the team's history.

Tf9TG.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning, Minnesota Wild and the Anaheim Ducks/Mighty Ducks. Since coming into the league neither one has had a good looking uniform/logo package.

I'd agree with you here aside from the set they had their first few seasons. After that they started introducing alternates and adding elements to a simple uniform based on a very good-looking logo.

I'd argue the Wild's inaugural look was pretty doggone sharp--but yeah, since then, um.....yeah. ?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nashville is another one that comes to mind. They never had a look that I could fully get behind.

It's a shame, because their logo is actually pretty solid. Too many swings and misses to count.

As far as "terrible" is concerned? The Oklahoma City Thunder. That poor train wreck of an identity...yeesh.

If it weren't for great logos and awesome inaugural colors, I'd say the Nashville Predators too. They haven't had a single uniform I liked all that much. With aforementioned great logos and inaugural colors they really could've hit the ice with something sharp, but that first set just tried to do way too much (late 90's style victim), and it wasn't helped by the EDGE takeover. And with the current set, though the updated Sabertooth logo is nice, I really don't like the uniforms that much at all. In fact, I'd take the inaugurals over them any day. The fang things at the front of the jersey need to go, the yellow jersey is a bit too much yellow for my taste, and I miss the grey-silver.

All in all, their identity is to the sports uniform world what The Fray is to the music world - all the tools and potential to be spectacular, but for some reason content with just "being there" and not quite tapping into it all.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Jacksonville. Their inaugural set was clearly the best, but the Black-Teal-White stack of colors always looked funny. The all-black helmet been out of touch with the jersey and pants for their entire existence. And the new vomit they wear now erases the few positive memories of that first set.

3548.gif

lobnu2zyw4g2g1baqqlsr4gh2.gif

3011_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2012

5654_jacksonville_jaguars-home-2013.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'd argue the Wild's inaugural look was pretty doggone sharp--but yeah, since then, um.....yeah.

I don't think they've ever looked terrible but everytime they make a change, it's a step in the direction.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I honestly have to go with the Clippers. The franchise has never had an identity that looked good, in my opinion.

They need a rebrand. Bad. Not a refresh--they need to start new.

The original San Diego color scheme looked pretty good, but the uniforms don't impress me, or the logos (definitely show age, and I would find it hard to believe if someone told me they had one of the best identities at the time).

I might be in the minority here, not sure.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This isn't necessarily "terrible", but I don't think the Seahawks have ever had a logo or uniform set that has ever wowed me. Their classic look and logo, while I can understand why so many like them, look alright, but nothing to special to me. Their pre-Nike, 2000's monochrome uniforms were dreadful, and while their Nike unis are an improvement in my opinion, it still just doesn't look very good at all.

ICXC NIKA

The Phoenix Suns. Their first look was their best, but I think the lower-case N in Phoenix ruined it.

gallery_hawkins_1969.jpg?itok=LjAK5ESi

Their next look fixed that but the Western font didn't really fit for a team named Suns.

gallery_vanarsdale_70s.jpg?itok=KnyhD9ti

Everything after those two looks has been too garish to even consider a good look at all.

NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers + Minnesota Timberwolves (maybe the first Wolves set was nice)

NHL: Nashville Predators + Minnesota Wild (the team names are what's holding em both back IMHO)

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays (obviously both versions with and without Devil are awful -- 1 was cray cray and the newer one is DULL + BORING)

NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (love the creamsicle but they were super un-popular, and everything since then is a dumpster fire. Pewter? Really??)

Jacksonville. Their inaugural set was clearly the best, but the Black-Teal-White stack of colors always looked funny. The all-black helmet been out of touch with the jersey and pants for their entire existence. And the new vomit they wear now erases the few positive memories of that first set.

3548.gif

lobnu2zyw4g2g1baqqlsr4gh2.gif

3011_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2012

5654_jacksonville_jaguars-home-2013.png

Would this current Jags look have been better with the actual gradient helmet above? I say yes, but still not as good as one solid color. Solid helmet or former teal flake helmet would almost make the jerseys/pants acceptable.

Jags? Seriously? The Jimmy Smith era set is considered by most here to be a modern classic, and a look that they should never have discarded for the crap that became the MJD-era set. They look like circus clowns now, but certainly haven't been terrible through their whole history.

TB Bucs - again, seriously? Their post creamsicle set has been lauded around here. It's fine to not like it - we all have different tastes. But I find it hard by any measure to call it terrible. Same with the Rays. I find their current set boring and bland, but there's nothing really "offensive" about it, and it does look like a solid professional uniform, so I really can't argue that they look terrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived