Teams that have looked terrible for their entire history

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since we're talking about it, what the hell even is this logo?

Houston_Rockets_Very_Old.jpg

Is there something about those shapes that I'm just not seeing? What is going on there? Is it just a simple poorly drawn roundel?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is there something about those shapes that I'm just not seeing? What is going on there? Is it just a simple poorly drawn roundel?

This is supposed to be a rocket actually. One that went to McDonalds too often, to match the colours.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I always saw the ball as the Earth, the red sliver to the right as the Moon, and the red sliver with the "HOUSTON" wordmark as a rocket going around the Earth.

Yeah, it's not that great. I'm all for returning to the Championship identity, but in an updated form. They'd need to work on the logo.

EDIT- something like this would be perfect.

Logo-7th-Attempts1.jpg

NFL.\ CFL.

Browns

Bills

Lions

Panthers

Blue Bombers

Roughriders

Stampeders

NBA.

Nets

Rockets

Pistons

Warriors

Thunder

Clippers

MLB.

Indians

Astros

Twins

Cubs

Brewers

Padres

NHL.\ AHL. \ CHL.

Hurricanes

Blue Jackets

Senators

Capitals

Lake Erie Monsters

Milwaukee Admirals

North Bay Battalion

Sudbury Wolves

Peterborough Petes

Kelowna Rockets

Regina Pats

Saskatoon Blades

Defunct

Quebec Nordiques

Montreal Expos

Hartford Whalers

Kansas City Scouts

Colorado Rockies

California Seals \ Golden Seals

Birmingham Barracudas

Lewiston Maineics

NFL.\ CFL.

Browns

Bills

Lions

Panthers

Blue Bombers

Roughriders

Stampeders

NBA.

Nets

Rockets

Pistons

Warriors

Thunder

Clippers

MLB.

Indians

Astros

Twins

Cubs

Brewers

Padres

NHL.\ AHL. \ CHL.

Hurricanes

Blue Jackets

Senators

Capitals

Lake Erie Monsters

Milwaukee Admirals

North Bay Battalion

Sudbury Wolves

Peterborough Petes

Kelowna Rockets

Regina Pats

Saskatoon Blades

Defunct

Quebec Nordiques

Montreal Expos

Hartford Whalers

Kansas City Scouts

Colorado Rockies

Birmingham Barracudas

Lewiston Maineics

I know this is a board of honest opinions, but this is just wrong

NFL.\ CFL.

Browns

Bills

Lions

Panthers

Blue Bombers

Roughriders

Stampeders

NBA.

Nets

Rockets

Pistons

Warriors

Thunder

Clippers

MLB.

Indians

Astros

Twins

Cubs

Brewers

Padres

NHL.\ AHL. \ CHL.

Hurricanes

Blue Jackets

Senators

Capitals

Lake Erie Monsters

Milwaukee Admirals

North Bay Battalion

Sudbury Wolves

Peterborough Petes

Kelowna Rockets

Regina Pats

Saskatoon Blades

Defunct

Quebec Nordiques

Montreal Expos

Hartford Whalers

Kansas City Scouts

Colorado Rockies

Birmingham Barracudas

Lewiston Maineics

wait-what-did-you-said.jpg

Defunct

Quebec Nordiques Are you crazy??? Quebec?!?!? They have one of the Greatest looks!

Montreal Expos

Hartford Whalers Greatest Logo of all time looks like trash?

Kansas City Scouts

Colorado Rockies

Birmingham Barracudas

Lewiston Maineics

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

NHL-All-Time

ARZ- They've either been really Ugly, or really boring.

OTT- While their Current Alt. and the 2007 road jersey (Pre-edge) are good, the rest SUCK.

Pre-Edge

Nobody

Edge and beyond (Mosty because they've never looked ugly before^^^ Thanks, Reebok)

BUF- Pipeing, silver, and the turd burger

CGY- half stripes, and pipeing disaster

COL- (see above)

PIT&OTT- Fill in template, (minus the best alts.)

SJS- Cluttered, or barely any stripes

WSH- What is this NASCAR???

ASG- Everything you never wanted to see on the ice. (Minus the players, off course)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

NFL

Ravens

Titans

NHL

Capitals

Predators

MLB

Nationals

Rangers

NBA

Braves/Clippers

Bullets/Wizards

Thunder

Some like the Ravens and Preds have just always been outright bad. Others like the Nats, Clippers, and Thunder are just boring unimaginative identities.

The Ottawa Senators. And going to the big ol' zero would not be an upgrade

And I know it's not a popular opinion to make it the full time sweaters, but do most people hate the heritage third now? I remember a lot of people liking it.

I think that the heritage =O= logo/uniform is very similar to the Canucks' stick in rink. They're both very popular within their respective cities/fanbases (looking around the CTC the heritage jerseys are the most prevalent), mostly because they're historically relevant and Ottawa & Vancouver are traditional hockey markets. However, to the rest of the world they're boring, and the gladiator/orca imagery is a more tangible representation of their nicknames.

kyle-purple-756.jpg?itok=pmU0mPg-

Toronto-Raptors-Uniform-History.jpg

Whether its having ugly purple jersey, ESPECIALLY since they were the first team to do the different color on the back of the jersey then they had blazer wannabe colors for the past decade.

And what they are gonna have next year seems like it will just continue their trend if having lousy uniforms.

Have to disagree here.

As a 90s kid I have a love for the big dinosaur logo that's hated by many. The half purple/half black jersey is one of my favorite NBA jerseys of all time and the homes and red alts from that era were nice too. I hated when they dropped purple in 08(?).

I agree about the upcoming uniforms. I am not looking forward to them and they're off to a bad start with the new logo.

Also the reason for the red and black are not Blazer wannabees, but rather a Canadian identity with red, white, and black being Canada's sporting colours.

While I don't disagree that this was the reasoning behind MLSE's decision to design a red alternate without a trace of purple, I really hate this kind of thinking. It's extremely condescending to think that Canadians will suddenly latch onto a team/brand simply because they wear red, white, and black (which doesn't even belong on our national uniforms), and the Raptors have diluted their brand in the process. They should've stayed a purple/red/black team, and they could have a red and white, maple leaf-laden "Canadian pride night" uniform to wear once in a while.

NHL:

Stars-

robidas_20action_20-_20dal.jpg

8010042.jpg

(I don't count the North Stars and I personally think that, despite it being an unpopular opinion, the current Stars look is ugly and weirdly overrated on this forum.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[erased too much so it didn't "quote" eliasrappaport]

Almost agree with you.

There's the bland one they started off in Dallas, the amateurish wordmark one, and their overrated current jersey. One I kind of still like is the 'all star' style one that started off as a 3rd before becoming the main set.

martyturco.jpg

There's others that come close:

Though most dislike it for being as tacky as hell, I still like the yellow 'V' jersey of the Canucks. The home jersey of the first couple years of the franchise was quite good. Everything else not so much.

I like the Senator retro 'O' jersey but not much else. But I'm not sure if the rest qualify as terrible for me - maybe a bit worse than mediocre.

To pick 3 NHL ones I would likely go with:

Tampa Bay - never have had anthing approaching good. Between the awful text on the front of their first logo, and a simple logo on their monochrome sets don't reallly work (the Red Wings and Leafs work better paritally because they have more complex looking logos) . In addition, having a current logo looks like something that better belongs on the chest of a superhero and the unnessary 'Tampa Bay' written across the white sure doesn't help matters.

Never have like the Mighty Ducks/Ducks in anything they have come up with. I don't know if they think any logo incorporating a whole duck would be too 'minor league' looking for the franchise, but if that's the case I don't they haven't looked objectively at the logo ideas they have gone with so far.

Hurricanes 'toilet bowl' logo is awful and the warning flag one is not much of an improvement. Likely tough to come up something good with that name - either try harder or just get a name that better suits itself for hockey logo creation.

If I had to round out a bottom five Thrashers and Islanders would be worth considering. In my mind the Islanders logo isn't so bad - likely because I am used to it, but if I try to look at it more objectively it fails the test. Avalanche are just out of the running.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived