Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

^^^ THAT may be well on its way to becoming the ugliest basketball court in the entire history of basketball courts in modern civilization.

If they're gonna go BIG, I hope they plaster the frog skin pattern all over a purple football field too.

You know that's basically a stencil for staining the wood floor right? (And not purple paint going down on the floor)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^ THAT may be well on its way to becoming the ugliest basketball court in the entire history of basketball courts in modern civilization.

If they're gonna go BIG, I hope they plaster the frog skin pattern all over a purple football field too.

You know that's basically a stencil for staining the wood floor right? (And not purple paint going down on the floor)

That's easy to distinguish already since BLUE is not one of TCU's colors lol

NYCdog.png

That's easy to distinguish already since BLUE is not one of TCU's colors lol

It's not, but you have to admit, our purple can look blue-ish in certain lighting.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More work on the TCU court, by now someone might know or have a really good feeling their design has been picked. But it's weird because I remember that one of the prizes was that they would fly you down to watch the court get installed so if it was someone from here then I feel like they would have told us already. Anyway...

https://twitter.com/raycartwright/status/654767620059586560

More work on the TCU court, by now someone might know or have a really good feeling their design has been picked. But it's weird because I remember that one of the prizes was that they would fly you down to watch the court get installed so if it was someone from here then I feel like they would have told us already. Anyway...

CRYzpiOVEAAbciH.jpg

I actually like how they went all out for this. The obvious question is how noticeable the pattern will be on the finished product -- as I'm mostly curious to see what it looks like on TV. My fear is that the camera view will make the pattern look like unrecognizable blobs from the game-viewing distance.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• 3 weeks later...

CRYzpiOVEAAbciH.jpg

I actually like how they went all out for this. The obvious question is how noticeable the pattern will be on the finished product -- as I'm mostly curious to see what it looks like on TV. My fear is that the camera view will make the pattern look like unrecognizable blobs from the game-viewing distance.

Gonna have to wait for that. Construction delays push back the first basketball game there until November 20.

• 2 weeks later...

TCU Needs to drop the red and sinplify the paint. Maybe monochrome purple there?

Simplify the paint?? Why the pattern looks great there, It looks like they did a nice job on keeping both patterns subtle but not too subtle so that its still noticeable.

a2BRS8U.png

I like the court. If you're gonna freak out about a red three point line you can leave. It distinguishes the TCU court from another NCAA Court while also keeping it very subtle.

Well, that's kind of why the sublimated frog skin pattern is in the court. No need to clutter it even more.

I like the court. If you're gonna freak out about a red three point line you can leave. It distinguishes the TCU court from another NCAA Court while also keeping it very subtle.

Well, that's kind of why the sublimated frog skin pattern is in the court. No need to clutter it even more.

Doesn't really clutter it at all IMO.

a2BRS8U.png

No one's "freaking out" about the red line... and I'm the one who STARTED this thread, dude.

It's just unexpected.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Red is dumb and TCU should stop shoehorning it into their color scheme....I get it, horned frogs shoot blood out of their eyes. Awesome. But it looks dumb when they don't have any red in their basketball jerseys.

But on to the real topic, did they announce who won? Anyone on here?

I don't mind the red on the court. It's not like it's the main color of the court or their jerseys. It's used very moderately; you know it's there but it doesn't takeaway from the main design of the court. Everyone says the Celtics have a classic court, but even they have red/orange color in the paint of their court (red/orange isn't part of their color scheme), the red/orange doesn't takeaway from their court design.

JeKhnr9.png

Archived