Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some fantastic designs in this thread. As long as one of these wins, the court will look nice. I made another one that I think combines the best elements of the some of my previous ones and looks really nice.

8T4qq63.jpg

I like this. I was actually wondering what one like this might look like when looking at your other designs, since the arch logo looked a bit odd at the very top. I wonder how it would look if you made the arch a bit smaller (like #1 and #3 of your originals), so the frog was a little more visible. I would also suggest using the arch with no outline, or the one with the white/purple outlines:

8515_tcu_horned_frogs-wordmark-1995.png

2659.png

I stumbled upon this thread while I was doing research for my own TCU court designs (TUC alum here) and some of these designs are very interesting. Like others have said, I hope something like these designs is picked at least.

I'm submitting my two designs now, I'll post them on here after the deadline passes but pretty proud of them, have very similar elements, but some significant new elements as well.

There are some fantastic designs in this thread. As long as one of these wins, the court will look nice. I made another one that I think combines the best elements of the some of my previous ones and looks really nice.

8T4qq63.jpg

I like this. I was actually wondering what one like this might look like when looking at your other designs, since the arch logo looked a bit odd at the very top. I wonder how it would look if you made the arch a bit smaller (like #1 and #3 of your originals), so the frog was a little more visible. I would also suggest using the arch with no outline, or the one with the white/purple outlines:

2659.png

How about this?

jiWOX6H.jpg

8T4qq63.jpg

2659.png

How about this?

jiWOX6H.jpg

Looks good. Can we see it with the arch logo smaller (the size you had it in your first and third designs)?

How about this?

jiWOX6H.jpg

My only issue with this one is that the arch logo completely blocks Superfrog's face. Maybe if you move the frog up a bit so it's not obscuring his face it wouldn't bug me so much. Otherwise it looks gorgeous.

Part of me is still scared that TCU will pull a James Madison/UTEP/Northern Illinois.

I may have missed it, but do they provide the logos or actual text/wordmarks that they require/suggest?

If not, are you guys using one of Conrad's fonts?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not trying to poopoo anyone's designs, and I don't have the time to look it up right now, but TCU's design standard (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow the arched TCU primary and frog secondary logos to appears together. Exceptions made only for football helmet and mid-field logo (neither or which uses the outlined TCU primary logo).

I may have missed it, but do they provide the logos or actual text/wordmarks that they require/suggest?

No, you have to get it yourself. "Horned Frogs" is the name of the font by Conrad.

JeKhnr9.png

Not trying to poopoo anyone's designs, and I don't have the time to look it up right now, but TCU's design standard (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow the arched TCU primary and frog secondary logos to appears together. Exceptions made only for football helmet and mid-field logo (neither or which uses the outlined TCU primary logo).

It said in the official rules for the contest that having the arched TCU is mandatory and the horned frog is allowed, so they must be allowed together for this design.

He's right. Gonna have to fix my design now. http://www.mkc.tcu.edu/pdf/visual-identity-standards.pdf

"The Athletic Frog cannot appear with the arched logo. The Athletic Frog and the arched TCU logo can only appear together on football helmets."

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

No, you have to get it yourself. "Horned Frogs" is the name of the font by Conrad.

Awesome, appreciate it.

Does anyone have the frogskin pattern they can share?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Awesome, appreciate it.

Does anyone have the frogskin pattern they can share?

Best one I've seen was posted earlier in this thread.

I submitted a design almost immediately, but I want to correct some of my mistakes on a few things. Does anyone know if you can submit another entry or at least correct a previous design?

Worth a try. I don't see anything saying you can't.

It said in the official rules for the contest that having the arched TCU is mandatory and the horned frog is allowed, so they must be allowed together for this design.

I wondered about this when I submitted, but I went ahead with both logos since the rules allowed the frog. Would assume they'd relax that rule for this depending on the design.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think he's saying they can't be locked up together. They can both appear on the court, but you're not supposed to use this logo:

426px-TCU_Horned_Frogs_Logo.svg.png

Archived