Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

Not trying to poopoo anyone's designs, and I don't have the time to look it up right now, but TCU's design standard (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow the arched TCU primary and frog secondary logos to appears together. Exceptions made only for football helmet and mid-field logo (neither or which uses the outlined TCU primary logo).

I didn't see that in the rules given, so they can't fault people for not knowing.

I doubt it'll be that much of an issue.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this?

jiWOX6H.jpg

My only issue with this one is that the arch logo completely blocks Superfrog's face. Maybe if you move the frog up a bit so it's not obscuring his face it wouldn't bug me so much. Otherwise it looks gorgeous.

Part of me is still scared that TCU will pull a James Madison/UTEP/Northern Illinois.

I think the only thing that needs to be done to this court is to just remove the wordmark completely and just have the frog in the wood

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Not trying to poopoo anyone's designs, and I don't have the time to look it up right now, but TCU's design standard (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow the arched TCU primary and frog secondary logos to appears together. Exceptions made only for football helmet and mid-field logo (neither or which uses the outlined TCU primary logo).

I didn't see that in the rules given, so they can't fault people for not knowing.

I doubt it'll be that much of an issue.

Yeah, TCU recently has been pretty liberal with new logos, fonts, etc so I don't think it should be a problem.

I really wanted to use the flying TCU logo from the 80's (probably in the baseline) but decided against it since I thought the arched (being required) and flying logo would clash.

Here was my submission:

sOiwv9.jpg

I like the main elements here a lot, I think going the Texas route is pretty solid. Since you went Texas heavy, I'd consider writing "Fort Worth" in one of the baselines. I'd remove the frog, "@Tcu_Athletics" as well, I don't like it when courts get too cluttered with logos and such, but very nice design overall.

Here's what I've come up with.

Relatively simple, but hopefully different.

I emphasized the frog, cause I think it's pretty badass haha.

tcucourt_zpsorpb4mzu.png

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

After about 10 different drafts, here's what I came up with. I think it's different enough from the rest y'all have posted to stand out.

WCcoVT6.jpg

This is pretty close to what I expect to see. I think if you swap the TCU logo and the frog and make both in full color, and make the frog print constant (rather than faded in), that is what I think we will get.

I think TCU will want the arched logo at midcourt since it is the primary logo and more recognizable. And I think it would be too hard to stain the frog on the court because of how detailed it is, so they will almost certainly go with a color decal of it. I also expect "the paint" to be purple.

PS, thanks to the OP for posting this in the first place. I love contests like this, I tried to make a thread separately for just announcing these types of contests but no one really followed through with it...lol.

Yea thanks for posting this, I agree with @StL_ArchMadness.

I'd love to see a pinned topic for posting announcements like this... (Chris? Admins?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

For those with the arch logo at center court, did you consider moving it down so the "C" was centered in the circle? I know that wouldn't technically be vertically centered, but I wonder if it would look better.

I did for sure. It just seemed off and my OCD took over and I couldn't commit to it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Here was my submission:

I like the main elements here a lot, I think going the Texas route is pretty solid. Since you went Texas heavy, I'd consider writing "Fort Worth" in one of the baselines. I'd remove the frog, "@Tcu_Athletics" as well, I don't like it when courts get too cluttered with logos and such, but very nice design overall.

Thanks, I tried to just use what they had in their guidelines and suggestions. I agree that hashtags and twitter handles may be a bit much but I've seen more and more courts using these. It seems to be the direction programs are headed, unfortunately.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

PS, thanks to the OP for posting this in the first place. I love contests like this, I tried to make a thread separately for just announcing these types of contests but no one really followed through with it...lol.

Yea thanks for posting this, I agree with @StL_ArchMadness.

I'd love to see a pinned topic for posting announcements like this... (Chris? Admins?)

No problem. I just thought it would be fun and different. I never see MY teams take part in these types of competitions, so I just felt like I had to post it, ya know?

I've been supporting TCU athletics since I could walk and it's good to see the athletic department give back to the people in some way... well, you know, other than WINNING.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Just an alternate I made for fun.

tcu-alt.jpg

I wanted to try and incorporate this frog into the court, but then I learned it was the academic logo. Which sucks, because it works really well here.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived